Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear George Lucas,

If by some miraculous quirk you ever read this, I just want to apologize. I'm sorry for all of the times that I ridiculed your prequel movies. I'm sorry for ever thinking that the Star Wars franchise would be better off in someone else's hands. I'm sorry that fans like me drove you away and made you resent the idea of continuing to be involved with the franchise.

I just watched . . .

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mr. Lucas if you also had to witness any of what I just did, you have my sincere sympathies. I'm sorry.

:rotfl

So true... a lesson in: be careful what you wish for.

THIS!

But thankfully, it is over. Its OVER!!! Now that's something for the Positivity Thread.

In two years, this will be barely spoken about. Maybe sooner, if Marvels upcoming failure's eclipse this debate.

:lol

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Wow, after all the reviews - and discussion/views on this here - I am SO super excited to see it tomorrow (had to wait for the buds...:gah:.)

I really had little excitement for this, but the opinions have been all over the place, so fascinated to see it.

I'm now more excited to see this than almost any SW movie in nearly 20 years (yes I was excited to see TPM, but nothing much since, other than RO.)

Watching it again tomorrow with coworkers.

I feel bad for Mark Hamill. His film career went nowhere, but at least he could always say he was Luke Skywalker in the good SW trilogy. Now, Luke's legacy is a joke and Hamill is in arguably the worst SW trilogy.

Dear George Lucas,

If by some miraculous quirk you ever read this, I just want to apologize. I'm sorry for all of the times that I ridiculed your prequel movies. I'm sorry for ever thinking that the Star Wars franchise would be better off in someone else's hands. I'm sorry that fans like me drove you away and made you resent the idea of continuing to be involved with the franchise.

I just watched . . .

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mr. Lucas if you also had to witness any of what I just did, you have my sincere sympathies. I'm sorry.

Well said, ajp! I already had a problem with it *without* considering any of that.

Went sailing the seven seas and watched this.

What a pile of ****. Anyway at least this horrible chapter is over and done with and when the dust settles it will be enjoyable to watch the dominoes fall at Lucasfilm and I remain hopeful that a leadership team that understands that there is a way to expand the universe whilst respecting what came before is installed.

What annoys me the most though is that TLJ basically ****ed any chance at a coherent story in the ass but it was made by the guy who made Knives out. A movie which I really enjoyed and is basically a homage to murder mystery movies but still original in it's own right. Makes it even more puzzling why he did what he did with TLJ.

As someone who liked TFA and TLJ, this didn’t feel like a proper ending to this trilogy at all.

It felt like it was trying way too hard to be Endgame. I’m sad.

Is it weird that I find the best part to be

Spoiler Spoiler:

All the TLJ fans feeling ****ed over by this film is so deeply ironic it should make me feel something, but I can't even do that. I guess I just don't care about these ****** movies anymore. I can't even muster a sense of schadenfreude which we all know is joy of the purest form. :dunno

What annoys me the most though is that TLJ basically ****ed any chance at a coherent story in the ass but it was made by the guy who made Knives out. A movie which I really enjoyed and is basically a homage to murder mystery movies but still original in it's own right. Makes it even more puzzling why he did what he did with TLJ.

About five minutes in watching TLJ I came to realisation that the people making this hated Star Wars and that feeling didn't go away for the entire movie. I'm convinced that Rian Johsons mommy didn't buy him a Luke Skywalker doll when he was little and this was his way to get back at all the kids that had Skywalkers and Solos to play with.

I'm convinced that Rian Johsons mommy didn't buy him a Luke Skywalker doll when he was little and this was his way to get back at all the kids that had Skywalkers and Solos to play with.

1576777705559c.jpg

The film broke it's own back trying to appease every wrongheaded fan complaint from TLJ (the best film on this trilogy), and shakes out as heartless, bland, meaningless dreck.

Abrams did what he always does and bled all the context out of the film, deftly evading what few opportunities there were for interesting lore in this fan-fiction quality plot.

Congrats to everyone whose shrieking response to TLJ got this movie made; I truly hope you enjoyed this slop more than I did.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

pglthftu.jpg

Last edited:
Backward RT score right now.

86% from Verified audience.
56% from critics.

Basic consensus, fun film , way too much to absorb in it.

Overall that kind of score usually means its a good, not great film.

We shall see Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel bad for Mark Hamill. His film career went nowhere, but at least he could always say he was Luke Skywalker in the good SW trilogy. Now, Luke's legacy is a joke and Hamill is in arguably the worst SW trilogy.

It is too bad for Mark that he clearly didn't get to wrap this up anything close to the way he would have liked. He was saddled with the task of working with the worst kind of undermining, smug, little prick in the film set up to be the one that was supposed to do him and his character justice. And the ST is definitely the worst trilogy, I can confidently say that before seeing the final act. That is how god awful disgusting TLJ was. The PT films were not great movies, but as anwe put it at least they weren't made by someone who hated OT Star Wars.

Backward RT score right now.

86% from Verified audience.
56% from critics.

Basic consensus, fun film , way too much to absorb in it.

Overall that kind of score usually means its a good, not great film.

We shall see Sunday.

Rotten Tomatoes has a funny way of calculating the score.

The Critic score gets even worse when you click on 'Top Critics' (whoever they are).

rt.jpg

Rotten Tomatoes has a funny way of calculating the score.

The Critic score gets even worse when you click on 'Top Critics' (whoever they are).

View attachment 473607

I never understand why RT doesn't use "top critics" as the default tomatometer instead of "all critics" which includes more sketchy/obscure opinions.

exactly.
Spoiler Spoiler:

lmfaoooo martha!?

o-star-wars-episode-vii-jj-abrams-facebook.jpg

Back