Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terminator 2 - the last movie I saw in a cinema

Dammit, Asta, come on out of there! It's 2019!

25-1499854201277.jpg

See I thought after he said "I am all the Sith" I thought it would be better if she said: And I am everyone else.

Makes the Sith seem smaller. Especially after everyone else in the galaxy has come to the aid of the Rebellion.

A master and an apprentice.

And even then one ends up killing the other anyways lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit, Asta, come on out of there! It's 2019!

25-1499854201277.jpg

:lol

I went off cinemas, with their sticky floors and annoying people. The person in front of me during Silence of the Lambs kept shouting out, "No! No! No!" when Clarice was being stalked by night vision.

The other thing is that I never plan to see a film. I can have films for months until the mood strikes. I couldn't say I wanted to see something at a certain time on a certain day.

Remember when Chewie was the first major character from the movies to die in the books?

That was sad. :monkey2

Chewie is the first Star Wars character I remember seeing - in a black and white photograph as Stormtrooper Han and Luke's prisoner on the Death Star.

Another one just popped into my head...

The Emperor has to be the dumbest **** in the universe - how many times does he have to be whipped with his own lighting? Maybe he needs to install an on/off button.

Oh yeah, he is also every voice in their heads and orchestrated everything over the 9 films... but he couldn't see she was going to "pass the lightsaber through the force" to Kylo?

Yeah, the Emperor is all over it (except when the story says he can't be). :rotfl

Okay...

The only way to explain Palpatine's utter stupidity in TROS is that he went senile after ROTJ. :lol Everything involving Palpatine in this movie makes zero sense. None whatsoever! I'm not being hyperbolic here; every scenario that I can remember falls apart upon trying to make any sense of it.

He's an idiot right from the opening crawl. The crawl says that he broadcast a message across the galaxy to let people know he's back. Apart from wondering *how* that would even be possible, the bigger question is: why!? What purpose does it serve? If you've got a secret Sith Fleet, why would you want to alert people to its presence before the Fleet has had a chance to navigate out of Exogol? And why would you risk the transmission being traced back to its source before you're ready to execute your plan?

Which brings up the question of why he would leave the possibility of his Fleet being sitting ducks by having them all rely on *one* central navigation signal to even get out of there.

And that in itself makes no sense because navigating out of Exogol is something that ships clearly must've been doing all along to go recruit staff and procure supplies from around the galaxy.

Every nonsense plot point just leads to another logic hole, which in turn leads to another one. It was a 2+ hour exercise in plot conveniences that all fall apart without even needing to apply much scrutiny, and the Palpatine parts are probably the most illogical of all. They brought him back without explanation, and compounded it by not bothering to provide a logical foundation for anything that happens which involves him.

And you made a great point in an earlier post about the Knights of Ren immediately attacking Ben Solo when he gets back (magically) to Exogol. Did they know he was no longer on their side just because he was wearing a different shirt? :lol

Welcome back ajp. That's a bummer that TROS turned you off to the ST after how much you loved TLJ. It's never fun to watch a beloved story go south.

I didn't know I was missing. :lol

My choice with TROS was a simple one: either try to justify two hours of nonsense for a conclusion that just undermines the GL movies and their Anakin story and leaves a Palpatine as the ultimate victor, or just dump the ST out of my canon.

Easy choice.

The crawl says that he broadcast a message across the galaxy to let people know he's back. why!? What purpose does it serve?

And that in itself makes no sense because navigating out of Exogol is something that ships clearly must've been doing all along to go recruit staff and procure supplies from around the galaxy.

Yep. Among the myriad of questions, that message for me was always why? And if you're going to do it -- maybe to lure Rey back to you -- then certainly that should have been a scene in the opening of the movie.

Also, the resources to build a fleet like that drove me nuts. Maybe if that planet was a dead planet -- stripped of every possible resource to build his fleet -- then that would explain things and be cool; a dead planet. Simple enough explanation, easy to show. Still wouldn't explain gathering his forces, training all those people, watering and feeding all those people, etc.

Still wouldn't explain gathering his forces, training all those people, watering and feeding all those people, etc.

Where DID all the manpower to man the destroyers come from? It's like a million-man crew. They had training, uniforms, ranks, etc. Were they all frozen in the ice as well? Did they answer a Sith-Craigslist[SUP]TM[/SUP] ad? How does one keep recruits and contractors secret for decades? Who funded this operation? Good questions for another time.

I can suspend disbelief quite a bit as a movie goer but there are just too many head scratching moments in this for me. The more I think about it the less I like it. Lots of valid criticisms being brought up here too. I think I still need a second viewing though.

Yep. Among the myriad of questions, that message for me was always why? And if you're going to do it -- maybe to lure Rey back to you -- then certainly that should have been a scene in the opening of the movie.

Also, the resources to build a fleet like that drove me nuts. Maybe if that planet was a dead planet -- stripped of every possible resource to build his fleet -- then that would explain things and be cool; a dead planet. Simple enough explanation, easy to show. Still wouldn't explain gathering his forces, training all those people, watering and feeding all those people, etc.

Even luring Rey there as the reason would make no sense. He used Kylo to lure Rey there; totally independent of his message to the galaxy. And Kylo didn't need to hear the message to be brought to Exogol since the first five minutes states that Palpatine can get in his head from anywhere at any time. Makes. No. Sense.

And, yeah, the resources it would take, and how to get them to and from . . . nonsense. Only compounded by the nonsense of hiding them underground . . . in an already-secret location. :lol

d0057d0bd22d8e57f9b72411fb6d4b32.jpg

The only way to explain Palpatine's utter stupidity in TROS is that he went senile after ROTJ. :lol Everything involving Palpatine in this movie makes zero sense. None whatsoever! I'm not being hyperbolic here; every scenario that I can remember falls apart upon trying to make any sense of it.

He's an idiot right from the opening crawl. The crawl says that he broadcast a message across the galaxy to let people know he's back. Apart from wondering *how* that would even be possible, the bigger question is: why!? What purpose does it serve? If you've got a secret Sith Fleet, why would you want to alert people to its presence before the Fleet has had a chance to navigate out of Exogol? And why would you risk the transmission being traced back to its source before you're ready to execute your plan?

Which brings up the question of why he would leave the possibility of his Fleet being sitting ducks by having them all rely on *one* central navigation signal to even get out of there.

Every nonsense plot point just leads to another logic hole, which in turn leads to another one. It was a 2+ hour exercise in plot conveniences that all fall apart without even needing to apply much scrutiny, and the Palpatine parts are probably the most illogical of all. They brought him back without explanation, and compounded it by not bothering to provide a logical foundation for anything that happens which involves him.

And you made a great point in an earlier post about the Knights of Ren immediately attacking Ben Solo when he gets back (magically) to Exogol. Did they know he was no longer on their side just because he was wearing a different shirt? :lol

Holy crap i?m crying lol

Back