Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just meaningless background noise, like an infomercial on the TV that you fell asleep in front of at 3AM.

These characters mean nothing to me. I don't care whether any of them live or die. The desperation on Disney's part couldn't be more obvious. Cramming as many references to Star Wars as possible in a 2 minute sci fi fantasy reel doesn't make it "Star Wars" if it's just a bunch of nobodies I don't care about. And I felt the same way about the beloved RO. I couldn't name any of those characters. I didn't like them. I didn't care about them.

Slowing the music way down at the end for the title reveal is the laziest way to manipulate emotions. It won't work on me but I'm sure the NPC Bugmen that will flock to this movie on opening night had rivers of snot running down their faces cause it "hit them in the feelz."

The only emotion I got from a Disney movie was white hot anger when I saw what they did to Luke in TLJ.

All I have now is apathy.

I understand that apparently there are people that ARE excited about this, but there's no way I can relate to them. Just like all those TV shows called the "The Real Housewives of Whatever City." I've never seen one and can't imagine actually sitting down and watching one, but I get that there are people that enjoy those shows. I just shake my head cause I can't imagine giving a **** about it. Same with this.

You sure spend alot of time posting about something you care so little about..

Go follow another passion man! All they negativity is gonna kill you.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

So much negativity in this thread for a franchise that insulted its core fanbase. Sheesh. I love that Luke sucks on whale **** now. I can?t wait to see where these characters who have no development go next!

People mad. Some people mad that people mad.

IRL a friend of mine sent me a snotty text because I declined his invitation to go opening night. :lol

i will be here opening night, waiting for someone to spoil ever single part of the movie so i wont bother walking to RedBox in 2 months to rent it

It's odd that after 40 years of the Skywalker saga, the final film that ends it doesn't have a single character named Skywalker in a lead role and fighting the main villain from the OT and PT.

On second thought maybe that's the point. The Skywalker name had disappeared into legend but now it will "rise" again.

I just think it's cool how SW has become so well-known they can use Jedi, Sith, The Force and Skywalker in the actual titles.

On second thought maybe that's the point. The Skywalker name had disappeared into legend but now it will "rise" again.

I just think it's cool how SW has become so well-known they can use Jedi, Sith, The Force and Skywalker in the actual titles.

After WW3 when all has been decimated religion will be reborn as The Force lol

Jesus who.

Luke and Yoda! :yess:

And they will have dogs that sense Terminators although they?re really not Terminators but post apocalyptic humans will absolutely be convinced that they are and they will go running scared which makes me very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
:lol

Here in Oz there's a movement where people put "Jedi" as their religion on the Census.

fojxDXc.png

:lol

Further to the lack of Skywalker-ness, as speculated maybe Rey will adopt the name at the end. That would justify her being the central character.

After all, there?s been much surrogacy in the saga already.

I don't mind logistics behind how fragments of the DS survived but I expect 'complaints' like that to surface in tenfold after the movie releases. Bugs me that people are already looking for things to hate rather than being blinded by stupidity.

Fixed for you 👍

Fixed for you ��

Eh, something pot, something black kettle...

On the topic, I've already seen links to 50 minute 'analysis' videos and hour long live-streams dedicated to trashing every minute detail and frame of the trailer. You can't convince me that that's not as pathetic as the video(s) of the dude crying in tears over the trailer. Both at opposite extremes of the spectrum.

Back