Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe if they didn?t promote him as the new face of the ST and a Jedi then I would be like why are you complaining. The horrible writing made it seem like he had a huge role to play and was just as big as rey was.... soooooooo yea

Oh boo hoo for him. Janet Leigh was made out to be the star of Psycho until being killed off 20 minutes into the movie and it was a career defining role for her. John Boyega had one of the biggest roles in SW outside of the OT core six.

He had more screen time in the ST than all the OT Legacy heroes. More overall screen time than Billy Dee in the OT. Or Liam Neeson.
Or SLJ. Or Hayden Christensen. What a freaking whiner, lol.

Yup his complaint is not only ridiculous but he is also a coward lol

Who care about this moron he is just biting the hand the feeds and trying to capitalize on the black lives matter movement by trying to find systematic racism where is not even applicable. He signed on to the role of finn, if he wanted to play kylo ren well he should have auditoned for it lol and when he lost he could have been watching the movie from the couch paying his lavish lifestyle bills with his cc instead of the oaychecks he earned for acting in the st. If anyone expected a stormtrooper to become the jedi knight hero of the story they were out of their god damn mind. Besides all his character wanted to do up thru midway into tlj was just run and hide like a coward (he saw all that in the scripts yet he still signed on) if he didnt like the way they handled his character arc he should have spoken up during filming and they may have changed it

This is the same jackass that left the complete script to tros under his bed so the hotel staff found it, it ended up on ebay and disney had to pay bank to get it back (since it wasnt stolen but left there for the free taking by a moron actor). If anything he owes them money back

Oh boo hoo for him. Janet Leigh was made out to be the star of Psycho until being killed off 20 minutes into the movie and it was a career defining role for her. John Boyega had one of the biggest roles in SW outside of the OT core six.

Who care about this moron he is just biting the hand the feeds and trying to capitalize on the black lives matter movement by trying to find systematic racism where is not even applicable. He signed on to the role of finn, if he wanted to play kylo ren well he should have auditoned for it lol and when he lost he could have been watching the movie from the couch paying his lavish lifestyle bills with his cc instead of the oaychecks he earned for acting in the st.

Truth!

Boyega acts like he was owed something. He was owed nothing more than his paycheck, so that's all he was entitled to as an actor. And he sure loves celebrating on social media about how much he got paid. He was never owed a "nuanced" character, and he was *not* going to be the lead protagonist. The lead roles get more nuance and attention because they're . . . wait for it . . . the LEAD roles!

Rey and Finn were basically the Luke and Leia of this trilogy. Potential romance set up in the first one, only to separate them for large chunks of the next two films and drop the romance angle. They just did a gender swap this time, but Rey was clearly going to be much more of the focus of the story (like Luke - not Leia - was in the OT).

And just like Leia's royal pedigree and princess title didn't get touched on in the last two OT films, Finn's past as a stormtrooper didn't get much focus in his sequels. And both characters are supposed to be revealed as Force-sensitive in the final movie of their trilogy, and *neither* got to use it like the *lead* characters did.

Maybe Boyega was just too stupid to realize that he signed on to be the new Leia, not the new Luke.

He had more screen time in the ST than all the OT Legacy heroes. More overall screen time than Billy Dee in the OT. Or Liam Neeson.

And to take my Finn/Leia comparison further, Finn got more screen time in the ST than Leia got in the OT.

Finn ST screen time:

TFA: 31:45 (2nd most; behind only Rey)
TLJ: 17:30 (3rd most; behind only Rey & Luke)
TROS: 24:45 (3rd most; behind only Rey & Poe)

Leia OT screen time:

ANH: 13:30 (6th most)
ESB: 22:45 (3rd most)
ROTJ: 21:15 (2nd most)

Who care about this moron he is just biting the hand the feeds and trying to capitalize on the black lives matter movement by trying to find systematic racism where is not even applicable. He signed on to the role of finn, if he wanted to play kylo ren well he should have auditoned for it lol and when he lost he could have been watching the movie from the couch paying his lavish lifestyle bills with his cc instead of the oaychecks he earned for acting in the st. If anyone expected a stormtrooper to become the jedi knight hero of the story they were out of their god damn mind. Besides all his character wanted to do up thru midway into tlj was just run and hide like a coward (he saw all that in the scripts yet he still signed on) if he didnt like the way they handled his character arc he should have spoken up during filming and they may have changed it

This is the same jackass that left the complete script to tros under his bed so the hotel staff found it, it ended up on ebay and disney had to pay bank to get it back (since it wasnt stolen but left there for the free taking by a moron actor). If anything he owes them money back

Truth!

Boyega acts like he was owed something. He was owed nothing more than his paycheck, so that's all he was entitled to as an actor. And he sure loves celebrating on social media about how much he got paid. He was never owed a "nuanced" character, and he was *not* going to be the lead protagonist. The lead roles get more nuance and attention because they're . . . wait for it . . . the LEAD roles!

Rey and Finn were basically the Luke and Leia of this trilogy. Potential romance set up in the first one, only to separate them for large chunks of the next two films and drop the romance angle. They just did a gender swap this time, but Rey was clearly going to be much more of the focus of the story (like Luke - not Leia - was in the OT).

And just like Leia's royal pedigree and princess title didn't get touched on in the last two OT films, Finn's past as a stormtrooper didn't get much focus in his sequels. And both characters are supposed to be revealed as Force-sensitive in the final movie of their trilogy, and *neither* got to use it like the *lead* characters did.

Maybe Boyega was just too stupid to realize that he signed on to be the new Leia, not the new Luke.

And to take my Finn/Leia comparison further, Finn got more screen time in the ST than Leia got in the OT.

Finn ST screen time:

TFA: 31:45 (2nd most; behind only Rey)
TLJ: 17:30 (3rd most; behind only Rey & Luke)
TROS: 24:45 (3rd most; behind only Rey & Poe)

Leia OT screen time:

ANH: 13:30 (6th most)
ESB: 22:45 (3rd most)
ROTJ: 21:15 (2nd most)

Yup, yup, yup, and yup.

While I agree with the above, it doesn't change the fact that Finn wasn't a very well written character... besides, he was set-up as a more important character than what he ended up being. I can understand his frustration.

While I agree with the above, it doesn't change the fact that Finn wasn't a very well written character... besides, he was set-up as a more important character than what he ended up being. I can understand his frustration.

Agreed. Screentime aside, he was set up to be an important character in this trilogy, and was mostly relegated to pointless side character who never did anything important after Episode 7 and was mostly played as a bumbling idiot with what screentime he had.

While it's hard to "feel sorry" for an actor who was no doubt left as a multi-millionaire and household name on account of these films, there's little doubt that the writers did Finn dirty when it came to characterization.

Finn was never "set up" to be the main character.

That was all misdirection. They show him in all the trailers, the poster, wielding the lightsaber.

It was all a smokescreen so that they could try to "shock" the audience with the reveal that it was all Rey all along.

I don't feel bad for the actor any more than I do Ahmed Best or Jake Lloyd....we'd have all jumped at the chance to be an extra in the background of one scene, just to be in a SW movie.

Finn sucked though. He should have died at the end of TFA. But Rey sucked more. She should never have been born. I loathe her.

(Rey, not Daisy Ridley.)

Someone has a Rey poster in their background of their Zoom meeting and it is very annoying. I don’t want to be reminded of that crap when working :lol

My son and I are finally in the home stretch of binging the entire series of Clone Wars. Just watched "Destiny" episode at the end of Season 6. When Yoda entered that Dark island and he was attacked by the evil version of himself my son said "that's like what happened to Rey!" :yess:

Ah yes, it warms my heart knowing that the ST has imprinted on the hearts of an entire generation of children who will defend it just as passionately as the misguided PT younglings that are now grown. ;)

My son and I are finally in the home stretch of binging the entire series of Clone Wars. Just watched "Destiny" episode at the end of Season 6. When Yoda entered that Dark island and he was attacked by the evil version of himself my son said "that's like what happened to Rey!" :yess:

Ah yes, it warms my heart knowing that the ST has imprinted on the hearts of an entire generation of children who will defend it just as passionately as the misguided PT younglings that are now grown. ;)

They will certainly have a much easier time defending the ST than what the PT grown kids had to endure that was like their D-Day, Saving Private Doomcock lol

Ducky soldier guy: Was I a good man...

Last edited:

:lol :lol :lol

Oh dear. Or as Jye would say, ''savage''.

Well, insert Ledger Joker ''And here... we.. go'' meme.

Khev really out here brainwashing his kid into liking the ST :lol:lol:lol :thud: :slap

Seriously though. Let?s have a real conversation. You gotta stop with this ST will be just as liked as the PT ********.

PT era - height of toy, novel, comic, video game sales.

ST era - don?t even have a 3.75? line from TROS, failing toy sales of the ST from a wide range of companies like Hasbro, Funko, Gentle Giant, Hot Toys, failed novels, falling comic sales, Galaxy?s Edge was a disaster, failing Halloween costume sales, can even look on reddit for memes and see that 14-25 age group loves the PT more than the ST. Add in the MCU domination and on the flip side the clear love for The Mandalorian from everybody... ST will be remembered nothing more than the smelly ass crack of the franchise that you have the unfortunate ?pleasure? of getting a nasty whiff from every now and again.

They will certainly have a much easier time defending the ST than what the PT grown kids had to endure that was like their D-Day, Saving Private Doomcock lol

lmao! :lol:lol

Or as Bane would say...

1be8a11d-8d23-49f4-b1a4-281b2c454358.jpg

:lol :lol

:lol :lol

Khev really out here brainwashing his kid into liking the ST :lol:lol:lol :thud: :slap

Seriously though. Let?s have a real conversation. You gotta stop with this ST will be just as liked as the PT ********.

PT era - height of toy, novel, comic, video game sales.

ST era - don?t even have a 3.75? line from TROS, failing toy sales of the ST from a wide range of companies like Hasbro, Funko, Gentle Giant, Hot Toys, failed novels, falling comic sales, Galaxy?s Edge was a disaster, failing Halloween costume sales, can even look on reddit for memes and see that 14-25 age group loves the PT more than the ST. Add in the MCU domination and on the flip side the clear love for The Mandalorian from everybody... ST will be remembered nothing more than the smelly ass crack of the franchise that you have the unfortunate ?pleasure? of getting a nasty whiff from every now and again.

My boy. Many of us have already lived through this before. And when the PT came out it was "these new movies will never be remembered. They're terrible and if these were the first SW movies ever made then SW would have never become a worldwide phenomenon. When the OT came out it was the height of blockbuster entertainment, these were the biggest things ever, the whole world was obsessed with SW. Now that the PT is here they aren't even as popular as Harry Potter, LOTR, or the new Spider-Man movie. These will all be forgotten, bla bla bla," and here we are with the little tykes too young to have a voice on the internet at the time now rising up to defend their precious PT. :) So will it be with the ST kids.

4duvp8.jpg

Back