STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people give a ____ about Star Wars. No one cared about Jingle All the Way. If he made those movies, he'd just be "that one kid". But no, he was Anakin Skywalker. One of the, if not the most important character in the Star Wars franchise. It was a huge shoe to fill. And he didn't fill it.

I love Jingle All The Way. He was ____ in it as well. The most annoying part of it. When I saw that he was Anakin Skywalker I remember saying "Arnold's annoying kid?" and he was.

Anakin should've been a teen or young man who was on the teetering edge of being good or bad. They should've made him a little like Luke and a bit like Han.

I watched ep. 2 thinking "Natalie's gonna nail HIM? eww. She met him when he was still picking his nose and eating it. How does she even see past that?"

Anakin should've been a teen or young man who was on the teetering edge of being good or bad. They should've made him a little like Luke and a bit like Han.

:goodpost:

16 at the youngest.

Padme should have been from Alderaan. The Trade Federation war should have been the start of the Clone Wars. Dooku should have been part of the Jedi Council. They should have gotten through the love story early in the first movie.

Second movie should have been about the clone wars. With Anakin turning at the end.

Third movie should have been Vader hunting the Jedi.

Anakin is too young the whole PT. When Luke pulls pulls that helmet off at the end of Jedi you see a man in his early 60's. Anakin needed to be early 30's when Luke and Leia are born. It also bugged me he wasn't tall. Vader doesn't have a short torso and long legs.

If they had done a love triangle where Padme and Kenobi got it on you would have 1) a straw to break for Anakin 2) a better reason for Ben to lie to Luke 3) a better actor for Natalie to act opposite.

If Anakin had been depicted as a respected leader of the Jedi and a General then his turning would have meant more. Also they should've turned Anakin evil the second movie as you say, and been in armour early in the third film. There wasn't enough real Vader.

:goodpost:

16 at the youngest.

Padme should have been from Alderaan. The Trade Federation war should have been the start of the Clone Wars. Dooku should have been part of the Jedi Council. They should have gotten through the love story early in the first movie.

Second movie should have been about the clone wars. With Anakin turning at the end.

Third movie should have been Vader hunting the Jedi.

Yeah I don't think anyone was anticipating an entire new trilogy of SW movies to essentially be two and a half movies of filler until the you-know-what hits the fan. :lol

Yeah I don't think anyone was anticipating an entire new trilogy of SW movies to essentially be two and a half movies of filler until the you-know-what hits the fan. :lol

I have to be careful and not let myself think too much about how awesome the PT could have been and how massively George blew it or else I get really worked up about it. :lol

The treatment of Vader/Anakin in the PT is probably a bigger sin than Jar Jar, Nemoidians and the Count Dookie combined.

Episode I should have had Anakin as an 18 year old.
Episode II should have had Anakin as 25-30 year old and ended with Anakin dying.
Episode III should have been 100% suited Darth Vader.

The treatment of Vader/Anakin in the PT is probably a bigger sin than Jar Jar, Nemoidians and the Count Dookie combined.

Episode I should have had Anakin as an 18 year old.
Episode II should have had Anakin as 25-30 year old and ended with Anakin dying.
Episode III should have been 100% suited Darth Vader.

Shut up shut up shut up shut up SHUT UP!!!! :ignore::ignore:

:mad::mad::mad:

I love Jingle All The Way. He was ____ in it as well. The most annoying part of it. When I saw that he was Anakin Skywalker I remember saying "Arnold's annoying kid?" and he was.

Oh, you know I love it too. But it's not like it's a incredibly popular movie. It's got a following yes, but it's not Star Wars...obviously. :lol

And if you want Perspective, why are we talking about movies on the internet? Why not go save starving children, or fight terrorists? YOU ALL ARE EVIL.

Jingle all the way has a "following"? Did you just say that? By "following" do you mean they saw it once?

Jingle does rock. Watch it every year. Arnold is hilarious in it. Thumbs up here.

Finally watched it this afternoon. Went with a buddy, we were a total of six people in the theater. :lol

I have to agree with what I've read so far, the 3D didn't add anything to the picture or movie, that was poorly handled. However, it was fun to watch a SW movie in the theater again, and the quality of the picture was awesome (especially in close ups of Queen Amidala, those shots always stood out to me the most). My main thoughts during the movie however were: I want Sideshow to make a Droideka, and Hot Toys needs to make a Maul.

Finally watched it this afternoon. Went with a buddy, we were a total of six people in the theater. :lol

Theater was PACKED when I went. Couldn't believe it since it had been out for a few weeks already.

I thought the 3D was ok. No, it didn't add anything. But it certainly didn't give me a headache as most live-action 3D flicks do. Keep the 3D this simple, please! Or better yet, release them all in 2D?:monkey3

Back