STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just going by his words:

"Kids made lightsaber sounds when they saw me."

"I did up to 60 interviews a day."

Those are his only examples of living in "hell." Why didn't his mother simply say no to the interviews if it was ruining her son?

Sounds like ____ing hell to me. Fame at that age would be ____ing horrible.

You can't go out and play without people either freaking out at you, or bugging you, or random people coming up to you.

And most parents to famed kids, push their kids to do this stuff, sometimes against their will. They get the money that the kids bring in, i'd imagine.

Notice how most child actors turn to drugs and overdose and die? There's a reason for that.

I feel bad for Jake. The movie was ____, and so was he. Most people give a ____ about Star Wars. No one cared about Jingle All the Way. If he made those movies, he'd just be "that one kid". But no, he was Anakin Skywalker. One of the, if not the most important character in the Star Wars franchise. It was a huge shoe to fill. And he didn't fill it.

So yeah, I feel really bad for this poor dude. As much as he hates it, it's the only thing people know him for. It's probably the only way he can make a quick buck. No one will ever forget it. Ever.

He will forever be known as "That idiot child who ruined Anakin".

Now, why didn't Hayden Doucheface suffer the same fate? He's like 20-something. He can live inside the Hollywood system. Hell, the dude still gets work, as does the rest of the cast.

But not Jake. No one will take that kid seriously, ever again.

And that, is his version of Hell.

:monkey1

Sounds like ____ing hell to me.

Well forgive me for having a good chuckle over your idea of a living hell. Google Elizabeth Smart's story if you want to read about a true nightmare of a childhood.

I guess I've just seen too many true crime shows to feel much sympathy for people who starred in SW movies, became famous, had toys made in their image, and then realized that such incredible success and blessing wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Well forgive me for having a good chuckle over your idea of a living hell. Google Elizabeth Smart's story if you want to read about a true nightmare of a childhood.

I guess I've just seen too many true crime shows to feel much sympathy for people who starred in SW movies, became famous, had toys made in their image, and then realized that such incredible success and blessing wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Oh please. Only thing worth chuckling at is your lame attempt at bringing Elizabeth Smart into the conversation. :lol

The lightsaber thing I wouldn't see as a big deal. The part that would suck worse are the total butthole star wars fans who just rip the poor guy up one side and down the other. I've seen comments over the years that I would think are pretty harsh about this kid and how he played the role. Then again I guess that's par for the course with a large portion of the SW fandom.

Nothing wrong with the EU man. I'm personally glad there's not just twelve hours of Star Wars, or six, for the OT snobs out there :wink1:

Some of the EU is really good and some of it is really bad. The CW series has been a really good part of it and is part of what I really like about SW as a whole. OT only folks can like SW for whatever reasons they want as long as they can be respectful as to why and what I like.

If you want to spend almost seven minutes being really unhappy, all of lil' Anakin's lines:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i909Rm4NQN8[/ame]

[ANGRYFACE] I'm a person and my name is DiFabio. [/ANGRYFACE]

This guy wouldn't even be known...good or bad..without that movie. And honestly, he's not the worst part of the movie. The script is.

Apparently Lucas never saw Jingle All The Way before casting Jake, cause he couldn't act in that movie either. It's sad that I saw Jingle All The Way when it first came out and that was my reaction back then, I knew it wouldn't end up well for Star Wars. I don't blame Jake as much as George for going with him.

As far as kids picking on him, well, kids do that no matter what, and if you aren't strong enough to defend yourself, then you get picked on. I know this from experience.

Then why wasn't Hayden Christensen's life ruined? He played Anakin in an even worse SW movie. A lot of child actors have trouble making the transition to success as an adult and I don't see how TPM is to blame for that in Lloyd's case.

Obviously if he was subjected to daily beatings due to his dialogue in the movie that would be one thing but kids being kids and making SW noises sounds like a pretty weak excuse to blame George for failing to continue his career.

I wonder if from now on he'll sign autographs as "Jake Lloyd IS Anakin Skywalker." :monkey1

:exactly:
Poor poor Jake. The prequels suck and so does his attitude.

My daughter asked my to take her to this.(cause of 3D) I refused. Then i showed her a little bit of it and she said "I'm glad we picked something else to see". (she musta remembered how ____ty it is)

I told her i'd take her to the real ones when they hit.

You're right. She's got nothing on poor poor Jake.

No because Elizabeth Smart was on the cover of people magazine a week or 2 ago and got paid a ____load of cash for her wedding photos. I don't think People will pay for Jake Lloyd's wedding photos. :rotfl

Oh please. Only thing worth chuckling at is your lame attempt at bringing Elizabeth Smart into the conversation. :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzPxRqoXeXQ[/ame]

You're right. She's got nothing on poor poor Jake.

He has a right to feel the way he does. No one here is making comparisons but you in a lame attempt to lend credence to your absurd self righteous point of view.

I don't know why everyone is piling sh-t on Khev. I understood his point. We live in a world where awful things happen to kids every day. A bad acting experience leading to ridicule on the playground might leave a few scars, but it's not the worst life has to offer.

And there he is taking money for autographs and looking bitter. That's called "crying all the way to the bank".

George screwed up by making Vader a little kid and giving him whiny lines. You could have put any child actor in there and it would've sucked.

I don't know why everyone is piling sh-t on Khev. I understood his point. We live in a world where awful things happen to kids every day. A bad acting experience leading to ridicule on the playground might leave a few scars, but it's not the worst life has to offer.

Ganging up? I think it is called discussion.

And there he is taking money for autographs and looking bitter. That's called "crying all the way to the bank".

Well if I had a bitter experience as a child, but had the opportunity to make a buck from it I certainly would. I don't fault him that one bit. The point is that he has a formal education in the industry and that one 6 month acting job he did has adversely effected his employ ability behind camera. How would you feel if the industry you want to work in wouldn't take you because of something you did as a child? You would be lying if you said that didn't bring you down and perhaps made you a bit bitter.

George screwed up by making Vader a little kid and giving him whiny lines. You could have put any child actor in there and it would've sucked.

Precise and true. George Lucas' real mistake was not letting someone else helm the directing and script writing. He even made Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor, Samuel Jackson, and Liam Neeson look wooden. Let alone a 9 year old with limited acting experience. That man doesn't know how to direct actors.

Jakes parents screwed up too. Little kids don't have a lot of armour to handle criticism. I don't get Hollywood parents who put their kids in movies. Too many of them wind up self destructing as young adults.

Jakes parents screwed up too. Little kids don't have a lot of armour to handle criticism. I don't get Hollywood parents who put their kids in movies. Too many of them wind up self destructing as young adults.

Ron Howard is a living miracle if you think about it.

Ron Howard is a living miracle if you think about it.

He also grew up when the only drug most kids were doing was weed. But yeah, he's the exception. I also get the sense he has a pretty decent family. That matters.

By contrast the stories I've read about Lindsey Lohan make it sound like her mom is a pimp. Lindsey needs to cut ties. She's still young enough to join the 27 Club.

Back