Star Wars Celebration V looks like it has been confirmed for 2010.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Sansweet at Dragoncon a couple of weeks ago said it will be on the east coast. Cities mentioned were Orlando, Atlanta, Charlotte, and Baltimore. Definitely no Chicago.

Great. Right in the middle of something during that timeframe. Oh well.

I don't think you'll miss much. What's the best they could possibly have?? I predict their main attraction will be Felloni and his voice cast (again). An maybe 10 seconds of that new tv show. PASS

And I don't mean that in a mean or sarcastic way, I just don't see them having anything worthwhile.

^^^ This is true, but I've always wanted to go to a Celebration and have never had the $$ or opportunity to do so. If its in Orlando (45 mins away) then I literally have no excuses not to go.

Went to first three---A lot of fun---hope I can make this one.

Other than the "celebration" of ESB's 30th Anniversary, I don't see the reason for another "Celebration" this soon, other than a chance to further fuel the Lucas cash machine yet again...

I went to CIII (the party for EpIII) and CIV (the 30th of the original movie and the hype for CW)...both were fun, but expensive...

If CV is next year and not easy (ie: cheap) for me to get to, I'll be passing.

I'd like to hope that they aren't going to "Celebrate" Star Wars into a hole like Star Trek was in the '80s with conventions everywhere, all the time. Nothing special about that...

In my case, I've never been to one, or even anything close to it. And my son is a SW fan and now old enough to appreciate it, so I'm going to try and go if it all possible. That said, I don't want it to cost thousands of dollars.

Two of my good friends from the US came over for Celebration Europe and we had a great time....barely spending any time at the show - just hanging out with like minded people..drinking, telling stories and having a blast with some of the stars including Kenny Baker and Jeremy Bulloch...great times. x
If there is to be a Celebration in Florida then I would be really tempted to go and see if the US has the same kind of experience to offer.

Am I the only person that isn't bothered by Florida weather???

You live there. :lol I visited Disney World almost every year (next year might be the first break in our tradition) and as much as I love it there, man it takes a lot to get used to the humidity. I would take the 112 degree and 0% humidity weather I get in August over the 90 degree plus 100% humidity anytime. :D

While it is indoors, the wait outside to go in might be a bit troubling or if you have to wait outside for anything and then go back inside, instant wet t-shirt :lol

Steve Sansweet at Dragoncon a couple of weeks ago said it will be on the east coast. Cities mentioned were Orlando, Atlanta, Charlotte, and Baltimore. Definitely no Chicago.

Baltimore would be great, I could just hop a train and get there easy and make a day trip, but the other places not so much.

I agree with the fact that the stars of SW I want to see would never come to these conventions (Ewan McGregor, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Ian McDiarmid) and I don't see them offering much to experience. I went to C3 and C4. C3 was awesome, fun all around plus seeing 10 minutes of ROTS in digital was fantastic. There was a genuine excitement all around for the final movie and it was even fun to wait overnight outside in the rain to see Lucas do a Q and A. C4 was a let down. Just not as much fun and more of an excuse for Lucas and vendors to make $$$. Lucas didn't even show up to it, which seemed like a slap in the face to all his fans who were celebrating 30 years of his own movie.

I wouldn't go again unless I won tickets or something. Just too expensive and I'd rather save my money for SDCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back