Star Wars Celebration IV - It's Official!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh man this is bad.... i have to start saving money now. gonna have to get a second job or something. i have yet to make it to a celebration event due to lack of funds. but i really want to go now.

jlcmsu said:
Interesting I might consider going but will most likely end up not because SDCC is just a couple months after.

2007 my friend you have some time. :D

LOTRFan said:
2007 my friend you have some time. :D

I know. Gonna have lots of payments though starting soon. Car and Student loans plus paying for other items. I'm gonna try and go but things will be dicey.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for just the right time to wear this:

chewbacca.jpg

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

I have mixed feelings about this one, I mean I think it's awesome to be on my side of the world and I have been to all of the previous Celebrations. But I can't help but think some of the spectacle is gone considering there are no more films coming out. I don't know I may still go and anyone hasn't been to one yet will be surprised on how cool it is. Although it's no SDCC in shear size and scope.

LOTRFan said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for just the right time to wear this:

chewbacca.jpg

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

I don't think there is a right time to wear that! But if you do, you really have to make sure you are wearing those shoes. They make the costume, IMO.

DekeStarkiller said:
I have mixed feelings about this one, I mean I think it's awesome to be on my side of the world and I have been to all of the previous Celebrations. But I can't help but think some of the spectacle is gone considering there are no more films coming out. I don't know I may still go and anyone hasn't been to one yet will be surprised on how cool it is. Although it's no SDCC in shear size and scope.

There are no new films, but it will be ANH's 30th Anniversary and the show will take place on SW birthday, so that should provide a cool celebration for them to do. They better, because I want cake.:emperor

I think the LA Convention Center and Staples Center are connected, that could make for a huge traffic issue, with the basketball teams that play there. Does this mean they don't think the Lakers or Clippers will be very deep in the playoffs next year?:chew

Khev said:
When do they tend to announce the special guests? I'd like to know who's going before making all the arrangements to attend.

They probably won't announce all the guests and programming until shortly before the show. They're definitely contacting them now, but plans could change. The best thing to do is to try and make arrangements you can cancel, this way if you aren't intrigued by the line-up you're not out anything.

Last edited:
so let me ask a question to the people that have been to both: if you could only go to one convention which one would it be A. SDCC or B. Celebration 4??? i will probably only be able to have enough cash to attend one or the other, but im gonna try to get some money squared away to make it to both.

hairlesswookiee said:
so let me ask a question to the people that have been to both: if you could only go to one convention which one would it be A. SDCC or B. Celebration 4??? i will probably only be able to have enough cash to attend one or the other, but im gonna try to get some money squared away to make it to both.

Great question because I was planning on going to SDCC next year but now this comes up. I could only afford to go to one and am torn.

i might just go to SDCC because it has a huge mix of things to do, and C4 is only star wars. i can go to star wars weekends every year to get my star wars fix.

hairlesswookiee said:
oh man this is bad.... i have to start saving money now. gonna have to get a second job or something. i have yet to make it to a celebration event due to lack of funds. but i really want to go now.

It's cool man... We might be able to save a few bucks if we meet up in LA and share costs for hotel and taxi fare...or rent a car.. You and I live in FL, we could do it.. and we could meet up with King and have a little dork squad with which to bring C4 to it's knees!

It was a good time last year, except for the lines and such. An old Navy buddy of mine went with me and there was a ton to do, but I'm sure that SDCC would be better. Celebration is just nice because it's the largest group of SW fans you will ever see in one place and a great way to wrap yourself in the greatness of SW collecting... I loved it last time. So that makes it even harder to decide.

Just an idea though, anything to help a fellow fan get his SW fix. :chew

hairlesswookiee said:
i might just go to SDCC because it has a huge mix of things to do, and C4 is only star wars. i can go to star wars weekends every year to get my star wars fix.

Dark Artist has a point, but if you can only go to one, I would go to SDCC. I think I may try to go to both if the future wife will permit me, hell she'll go too.

Back