Star Wars Books

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darksider

Super Freak
Reaction score
Did a search and didn't find a thread for this. Please move if necessary.

I'm looking for suggestions as to a good Star Wars book. I have only read the Timothy Zahn books so anything else i would be open to. The Republic Commandos series was mentioned in another thread so i might give those a try, but i would like to see what others who are into the books have enjoyed.

Off the top of my head, the ones I really enjoyed were:
Shadows of the empire
Truce At Bakura
Tales from Jabba's Palace
The first Jedi academy trilogy
Han solo trilogy (the second one by AC Crispin)

If you are interested in PT books Shatterpoint and Dark Rendevous are both very good reads

The Bane books and Republic Commandos books are very good. Personally I really enjoyed Legacy, but those might be a bit daunting without being pretty familiar with the EU. I liked Tatooine Ghost alot too. Shatterpoint and Dark Rendezvous were good PT books.

If you are interested in PT books Shatterpoint and Dark Rendevous are both very good reads
:lecture Loved both of those books. I read all of the Clone Wars novels back in the day while we were waiting for ROTS. Medstar and Medstar II are both pretty good books IMO. They had a "Mash" vibe to them the way the characters interacted.

The Darth Bane books

:lecture HELLS YES!!! My favorite trilogy yet. I just wish we'd get more.

I had forgotten about Tatooine ghost and I, Jedi. Both are excellent.

I like anything about Vader's doings in between EP. 3 and 4 so I enjoyed Dark Lord - The Rise of Darth Vader.

thrawn trilogy
thrawn duology (vison of the future and specter of the past)
i, jedi
outbound flight isnt bad
dark lord
bane
republic commando series
luke skywalker and the shadows of mindor is fun
shadows of the empire
bounty hunter trilogy
han solo trilogy

at least

When does this series take place?

Do you mean the "Specter of the Past" and "Vision of the Future" books? Or are there others?

He also has Outbound Flight and Allegiance. Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of any of them.

luke skywalker and the shadows of mindor is fun

I ignored this book for a long time because the title seemed so stupid. But it turned out the title was a play on one of the themes in the book. You are completely right that it was alot of fun. I think the author tried to do too much at the end but it was a hell of a ride.

If you can find 'em cheap, those Jude Watson "young reader" book series are actually pretty good...they're quick reads and feature semi-serialized storylines (secondary characters comes and go throughout the books, background movie characters pop up and get fleshed out a bit).

There were three different series..."Jedi Apprentice" featured Qui-Gon with his Padawan Obi-Wan, "Jedi Quest" featuring Obi-Wan and his young Padawan Anankin Skywalker, and "Fate of the Jedi" featuring Ferus Olin, a character from the earlier book series.

Out of the three, "Jedi Apprentice" was my favorite, mainly because they featured Qui-Gon Jinn...

Now, these series are nothing deep and written for young readers, but they're quite good SW fiction...

If you can find 'em cheap, those Jude Watson "young reader" book series are actually pretty good...they're quick reads and feature semi-serialized storylines (secondary characters comes and go throughout the books, background movie characters pop up and get fleshed out a bit).

There were three different series..."Jedi Apprentice" featured Qui-Gon with his Padawan Obi-Wan, "Jedi Quest" featuring Obi-Wan and his young Padawan Anankin Skywalker, and "Fate of the Jedi" featuring Ferus Olin, a character from the earlier book series.

Out of the three, "Jedi Apprentice" was my favorite, mainly because they featured Qui-Gon Jinn...

Now, these series are nothing deep and written for young readers, but they're quite good SW fiction...

That's not a bad suggestion. :) I am not a real strong reader anyway, it usually takes me a while to get through a book because i have to read the same paragraph 2 or 3 times before it sinks in.

Back