STAR WARS Battlefront

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll probably be fps-tps. Playing as a jedi/sith on fp mode would be kinda hard and would ruin the aesthetic. I'll always play in tps no matter what.

I hope the Beta is extensive because as we know.....THERE WILL BE BUGS. And hopefully they don't make the Battlefield 3 mistake with the public beta.

There is only one Star Wars title I want.

Xwing vs. Tie Fighter.

This game series was so great and it's is so overdue for an update/redo.

cKfw1Uy.jpg

This actually has me a little excited. I wasn't a mad fan, but Battlefront II was played very often on my PSP. It was most certainly one of the more well done games of the original PSP.

Hopefully they get the clone divisions sorted. Or at least let ya choose which one, I hated the fact ya played on Mygeeto and you didn't have just the Galactic Marines, or when ya played Utapau ya couldn't play 212th. Those things make me satisfied.

EA on Why DICE is a Perfect Fit (IGN)

EA has commented on why DICE is a great fit for Star Wars: Battlefront. Speaking to IGN during an interview at E3, EA Labels president Frank Gibeau explained that the studio’s experience with Battlefield gives them a unique set of skills perfectly attuned to taking on Star Wars.

“Battlefront is a vehicle experience, it’s a character experience. DICE has proven, in how they develop Battlefield, as far as being able to do air, land, sea combat, all the way up to F-18s fighting,” Gibeau told IGN. “They’ve been able to demonstrate through the Frostbite tech and through their design capabilities and talent that they can create these huge, epic set-piece wars. That’s kind of the dream of Battlefront. Hoth, the battle of Hoth. You’ve got space, you’ve got the surface, you’ve got infantry, you’ve got AT-ATs. That’s the table stakes that they come in with. They know how to do that. They’re really good at it.”

“But they’re not just going to ape what we’ve seen in the past,” Gibeau continued. "They’re going to bring their own sensibilities and design ideas. We want to innovate. We want to try new things. You guys had a blog on your site that said, ‘hey, what would you like to see in Battlefront?’ There’s a lot of stuff in there that we’re planning on doing. There’s a lot of new stuff that we’re looking at too. From our perspective, it’s capturing that epic, Star Wars, all-out huge scale. That’s what we’ll go after.”

When EA acquired the Star Wars license, the publisher announced multiple new titles on the way, including one from Dead Space developer Visceral. We asked Gibeau what EA’s plans are for the license, and whether or not we should expect connections to the new trilogy of films.

“We signed a long-term deal so that we could really invest. This isn’t just a one-off,” Gibeau said. “We want to create experiences that operate in the Star Wars universe, not just mimicking the movies. It’ll be complementing the movies, the way that the Batman games have done. It’s in the world of DC’s comics, the world of Batman, but it’s not a literal playback of the film. That’s our first assumption. The second assumption is that we think we can tell Star Wars stories in multiple genres. We’re going to look at multiple genres in multiple ways -- to tell stories from a character point of view, from an epic all-out vehicle war point of view. It’s a very versatile place to go. It’s a very versatile place to design games. We’re going to do it over the long term. You’re going to see lots of different experiences from us.”

For more on Battlefront, see our interview with DICE executive producer Patrick Bach explaining that Battlefront won’t be a Battlefield game. Look out for much more from our interview with Gibeau in the days to come.

Back