Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh? There are tons of characters in SW that just showed up with barely any lines and were instantly likable. Shin just continued the tradition, unlike some others...

She's hot. That is such a huge push but it's just not said very much.

Also helps that she's competent, doesn't complain, her story arc isn't built on her acting radical and/or like a rebellious teenager and she actually acts like an apprentice. A few scenes, you can see it in her eyes, she's not quite sure this is all going to work out. But she also understands she's not going to question Baylan in front of others, because as soon as they decide to kill him, they'll kill her too.

Hera, on the other hand, is plain exhausting. Her dialogue reads like a jaded and super angry Plenty Of Fish profile. And Sabine is written as a Peter Pettigrew. ( "I can't tell you anything even though people are trying to kill us both, it's so complicated, I also won't tell you that I'm love with you, the Jesus look is really you though") There are issues with plot armor for them, and it's impossible to assess that they have ever operated in some kind of actual chain of command system. Ashoka just stares at them from afar, like she's hopped up on Ritalin. Compared to them, Shin is just way more grounded. Probably helps that pretty much everyone loves Baylan, our lightsaber wielding Titus Pullo, so if he picked her, obviously he picked her for a reason and it's a good choice. We believe in him, so we believe in his choices.

Shin is no hairdresser, she's in the unicorn zone. Of course she's going to completely rattle and capture the male audience immediately.

Just some thoughts.

Shin is liked because they didn't have a chance to ruin her in the limited screentime. Perhaps next season she will be horribly written and everyone will decide she ain't great. Still time to ruin her character the way Boba was ruined!
I worry they will **** her up.

I liked her because she just had that bad ass look that worked. I didn’t think much of her in the first episode but as the show went on and she got to show off more of her evil side I became a fan.

Hera, on the other hand, is plain exhausting. Her dialogue reads like a jaded and super angry Plenty Of Fish profile.

Insert a literal shout of laughter here!!!!!! ROTFL this is THE BEST summation of a situation ever.

And Sabine is written as a Peter Pettigrew. ( "I can't tell you anything even though people are trying to kill us both, it's so complicated, I also won't tell you that I'm love with you, the Jesus look is really you though") There are issues with plot armor for them, and it's impossible to assess that they have ever operated in some kind of actual chain of command system. Ashoka just stares at them from afar, like she's hopped up on Ritalin. Compared to them, Shin is just way more grounded. Probably helps that pretty much everyone loves Baylan, our lightsaber wielding Titus Pullo, so if he picked her, obviously he picked her for a reason and it's a good choice. We believe in him, so we believe in his choices.

I dont know, this is a big problem with me. I look at entertainment and why is it that the purported heroes are almost always the least interesting thing? Ugh!

The villains or underdogs or antiheroes always appear competent, not always yapping and yapping away and often I can sympathize with their goals, unless theyre burning a planetful of people to ash for sheer giggles or something.

How can Sabine not be familiar with a chain of command? I'd think in any Mando clan there'd be a pretty strict one. I'd think that too much teenager-y foolishness would fetch one a pretty strong smack to the helmet that would make one's ears ring, and rightfully so. But I am asking for logic, and thats never a thing in SW.

The wheels really came off this thing from episode 6 onwards, culminating in that dreadful finale. At least ep 4 & 5 were good.

The wheels really came off this thing from episode 6 onwards, culminating in that dreadful finale. At least ep 4 & 5 were good.
Sabine truly is the worst hero in the history of the Saga.

There's just no way the math will ever work out in her favor to justify what she did. Literally *every* death on account of Thrawn going forward is on her hands and if he's the one who somehow kicks off the First Order then...wow.

If she had destroyed the map then Morgan's ship wouldn't have gone into hyperspace so technically the two X-Wing pilots that collided were also her fault. Zero self-awareness or accountability makes it even worse.

There's just no way the math will ever work out in her favor to justify what she did. Literally *every* death on account of Thrawn going forward is on her hands and if he's the one who somehow kicks off the First Order then...wow.

If she had destroyed the map then Morgan's ship wouldn't have gone into hyperspace so technically the two X-Wing pilots that collided were also her fault. Zero self-awareness or accountability makes it even worse.
Speaking of both math and the First Order (& since it's blame Sabine day lol), maybe we'll find out that Ben Solo/Kylo Ren was adopted and he's actually the love child of Sabine and Ezra! A little Noti camp nookie would also explain both their awkward conversation while traveling the next day (it was post-coital) and Sabine's sudden Force abilities (Ezra "injected" her with a concentrated dose of midichlorians). And timeline-wise the math works.

:chase

:lol

Nice Ass though

I watched this show last week and thought it was really fun. Way better than the Book of Boba Fett or the Obi Wan show. I thought Sabine, Ray Stevenson's character, and the admiral were great. Ezra was likable, and seems like a character the audience can relate to moving forward--Luke 2.0. The Tennant robot was great, the evil space witches were fun, and I even enjoyed the Anakin ghost scenes, despite my intense hatred for the prequels. I enjoyed the action scenes, as well. There were some flaws (zombie Storm Troopers and space whales that can travel at light speed is probably pushing things a bit too far), but I think the creative team did a good job of putting together a compelling show that kept me coming back week to week. Sorry to hear so many others here really hated it. I probably benefited from not being invested in modern Star Wars and having very little knowledge of any of the core backstory of the characters in this one.

I watched this show last week and thought it was really fun. Way better than the Book of Boba Fett or the Obi Wan show. I thought Sabine, Ray Stevenson's character, and the admiral were great. Ezra was likable, and seems like a character the audience can relate to moving forward--Luke 2.0. The Tennant robot was great, the evil space witches were fun, and I even enjoyed the Anakin ghost scenes, despite my intense hatred for the prequels. I enjoyed the action scenes, as well. There were some flaws (zombie Storm Troopers and space whales that can travel at light speed is probably pushing things a bit too far), but I think the creative team did a good job of putting together a compelling show that kept me coming back week to week. Sorry to hear so many others here really hated it. I probably benefited from not being invested in modern Star Wars and having very little knowledge of any of the core backstory of the characters in this one.
What would this place be if it was not for the non stop SW hate?

Totally agree on it being better than BOBF and Kenobi. Much less cringe overall. I would say also better than Mando season 3 too. It is kinda firmly in the middle for me. Better than those shows/seasons but behind Mando seasons 1 and 2 and Andor. Not the worst result. Hopefully next show is better as we are starved of great star wars overall.

Also agree on the Hyperspace jumping space whales and magic zombie troopers being shark jumping moments. The show hyperspaced jumped the whale there.

Back