Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that the friendship between Thrawn and the Witches will not last very long after he sacrificed their sister and obliterated their temple.
Yeah , Thrawn has always seen people as pawns, on a board ......

Unless they are in direct striking distance, hes un moved by them.

So... was this a good show or a bad show?

How was Thrawn?
Neither good or bad. It's just OK.
Thrawn had a dad bod and didn't come across as a highly competent strategist at all. I know they used the same actor as Rebels but in Ahsoka he just came across as sleepy and low energy.
If you're a big fan of Filoni and his Filoni-ness (especially if you liked his cartoons) you might like this more.

All in all I really enjoyed this series, it may even be my favorite so far. But everyone's criticisms are for the most part 100% spot on IMO. They just fortunately don't ruin the show for me and in some cases even make me chuckle.

As far as Ezra knew, Sabine and Ahsoka are lost forever, all because of him, and yet he steps off the ramp all happy go lucky seemingly without a care in the world. I would think he'd be more like Hawkeye coming back from Vormir in Endgame and collapsing to his knees in grief.

Thrawn is not some amazing genius and is at best the Red Skull in Cap: TFA and even that's being generous. The show was at its best by far when Morgan, Baylan, and Shin were the main villains with Anakin being icing on the cake. I do like the guy playing Ezra and Rosario as Ahsoka but having so little of those other four characters I mentioned (save Morgan) in the finale puts it below episodes 4, 5, and 7 for me.

The zombie troopers made for a fun October episode. Sabine refusing to escape with Ezra makes her a lot more likable. I would have hated her character if her foolhardiness in helping Thrawn return resulted in Ahsoka being stranded alone.

The lightsaber battles in the finale were lots of fun, especially the never seen before moment of three Jedi fighting OT Stormies, or two Jedi and a Mando if you prefer.

The visual of the crumbling temple as the Jedi shuttle flew away was stunning.

Last edited:
Thrawn aside it was very entertaining, very SW and most importantly the lightsaber battles were of INSANELY high quality, Ahsoka had a spectacular design, Shin and Baylan were cool and the music was wonderful.

Thrawn is a super genius he’ll keep repeating how he is one step ahead of Ahsoka all of the time just to remind agp lol

This Thrawn just might turn agp into a darthkostis/victor.

Oh God, please not another Victor! AJP's posts can be a tad long but even when I don't agree they're always well thought out and keep the discussion moving along. Then there was Victor, whose every post was a thesis with an extended bibliography of comic references. I'd get two paragraphs into one of his page long posts and feel like

652012eb72c8c553708076.gif

:wink1:

So... was this a good show or a bad show?

How was Thrawn?

It's ultimately an okay if middling show that would be a better mini series or movie. Nothing really terrible, but awfully paced with too many detours and lapses in judgement by characters.

But it does add to the universe and various characters' stories without really taking anything away like how the ST did.

It's a B, though that's mostly based on a couple of A episodes with the rest being Cs. I found myself often wanting to rate the show higher but something always got in the way.

Thrawn was… present but not what most expected. I’m withholding judgement till we see more but so far not what I imagine diehard fans of the character wanted. I think showing him with the Imperial Remnant council and fleet even for a moment would've helped.

Last edited:
I prefer the phrase cuddly

Overall the show was good. It felt like Star Wars but should have been called Rebels Season 5
:exactly: That's why I don't get the YTubers spitting and having meltdowns. It is what it is, like Rebels. Which I found pretty enjoyable and even re-watch now and again.

Although I'd argue that Rebels is actually better, since the characters were well fleshed out, distinct, and there was a pretty good balance from story to story. Some surprisingly heavy themes by the end. Here, obviously, Ahsoka is pushed a lot, and the whole girl power/yeah Sabine has the Force IMO throws the balance. I'd have rather seen Ezra making a joke about crawling through the vents of Thrawn's ship (vent crawling in Rebels is a running joke), sabotaging the ship, and watching him steal a shuttle (making another joke about how he is always back to being a thief etc.)

(I guess the Witches were on a smoke break so they didn't notice a Jedi stowaway.:monkey3)

Instead of Sabine and Ahsoka staring. But, whatever. It was fine and it's obvious the design team worked hard. I'm not an Ahsoka fan anyway.:stake But there's stuff to look forward to like Shin, Ezra, Chopper, Hera and Zeb showing up eventually. Fan service warm fuzzies. And Dawson at least isn't some twiggy girl, she put the work in.

Lol why do people keep calling thrawn chubby on here? He doesn’t look chubby at all. Is he supposed to be a stick?

Luke was never Anakin’s apprentice.
yea, that is a problem.....

But.....

Maybe we can say Luke WAS under Vaders apprentice for that short time on the Death Star, when he was trying to convert him to the Dark Side.....

;)

Yes but no other Jedi had a father who'd also been a Jedi so perhaps The Force let the savior of the galaxy see whoever the hell he wanted to see lol...

All in all I really enjoyed this series, it may even be my favorite so far. But everyone's criticisms are for the most part 100% spot on IMO.
Many people seem to forget that you can still enjoy, like or even love something when it's not perfect.

I'd say nothing in Star Wars is without it's faults and criticisms, yet we all love it anyway. I love the Prequels, Clone Wars, Rebels, Ahsoka... are they perfect? No, they all have faults and I love them anyway.

Too often are things either dumped into the categories of "best thing ever" or "worst thing ever", without having room for anything to exist in between.

All in all I really enjoyed this series, it may even be my favorite so far. But everyone's criticisms are for the most part 100% spot on IMO. They just fortunately don't ruin the show for me and in some cases even make me chuckle.

As far as Ezra knew, Sabine and Ahsoka are lost forever, all because of him, and yet he steps off the ramp all happy go lucky seemingly without a care in the world. I would think he'd be more like Hawkeye coming back from Vormir in Endgame and collapsing to his knees in grief.

Thrawn is not some amazing genius and is at best the Red Skull in Cap: TFA and even that's being generous. The show was at its best by far when Morgan, Baylan, and Shin were the main villains with Anakin being icing on the cake. I do like the guy playing Ezra and Rosario as Ahsoka but having so little of those other four characters I mentioned (save Morgan) in the finale puts it below episodes 4, 5, and 7 for me.

The zombie troopers made for a fun October episode. Sabine refusing to escape with Ezra makes her a lot more likable. I would have hated her character if her foolhardiness in helping Thrawn return resulted in Ahsoka being stranded alone.

The lightsaber battles in the finale were lots of fun, especially the never seen before moment of three Jedi fighting OT Stormies, or two Jedi and a Mando if you prefer.

The visual of the crumbling temple as the Jedi shuttle flew away was stunning.
I also loved Sabine wielding AND using a lightsaber and blaster simultaneously that was pretty damn cool!

(I guess the Witches were on a smoke break so they didn't notice a Jedi stowaway.:monkey3)

That's not the real "Ezra"

Which is why they didn't show his capture, nor his escape, nor anything else to do with how he got back to Hera.

IMHO, the "tell" was in E6, where Thrawn tells Sabine that "it's quite possible that your friend...is dead...."

Sabine - "If you survived, I'm sure he's doing just fine"

Thrawn - "You've gambled the fate of your galaxy...on that belief"

Rewatched the final episode again, I just noticerd that the statues thay Baylan was standing by were the Mortis Gods.
Many people seem to forget that you can still enjoy, like or even love something when it's not perfect.

I'd say nothing in Star Wars is without it's faults and criticisms, yet we all love it anyway. I love the Prequels, Clone Wars, Rebels, Ahsoka... are they perfect? No, they all have faults and I love them anyway.

Too often are things either dumped into the categories of "best thing ever" or "worst thing ever", without having room for anything to exist in between.
Exactly, I'm 51, when the OT ended that was it, it was over. If you wanted more Star Wars you had to read comics, or books or eventually the occasional fan films, like Troops, etc. Now we have more Star Wars that I could have ever imagined as a kid. Is it all good, no, but Star Wars was never Citizen Kane. What it is at least to me , is enjoyable, entertaining, it takes me to a place where I was young once. Makes me forget about the real world for a bit. As far the stories are going, if you told me in 1977 that witches, zombies, WBW etc. would be in Star Wars I wouldn't believe it, but Star Wars needs to evolve. The Skywalker , Vader story can only be stretched so much, we need more stories, new locations, new adventures.

Rewatched the final episode again, I just noticerd that the statues thay Baylan was standing by were the Mortis Gods.
I’ve got an awful memory and was staggered by my friend who’s not a massive fan, who understood that ending completely because she remembered that specific episode of Clone Wars and Rebels that talked about the Force Father. I hang my geek head in shame lol.

Back