Star wars 40th anniversary figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanerster

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have an opportunity to pick up the full set (except Han & R2-D2) Wave 1 & 2 of the Star Wars 40th Anniversary figures, the ones in the this picture:

My question to everyone is in your opinion is there any collectible upside in value to these figures? The cool factor is a given and the inner child in me wants them but my concern is that everyone will buy these and keep them tucked away MIB so will there be a increased demand for them down the road?

I really appreciate everyone's input.

Thanks,
Sean

If your inner child wants them... buy them! Plain and simple, who cares if they go up in value or not. If they are valuable to you that is all that matters.

Too many collectors on here(not just you Sean) get caught up in whether these things will increase in value or what others think of their collection. You will enjoy you collection much more if you let go of that mentality and just collect what you want/like. Be free man :)

You make a good point and the two sides of my brain, the one that operates just on emotion and the financially minded side, are constantly in battle over this.
-Sean

There is always a chance of an increase in value. For most standard releases though, you wont see too much movement. Maybe one or two characters here and there will become super popular (especially in later waves in the year as they are generally less are ordered from retail so less are made), but generally they're going to hang at around retail (some a little lower and some a little higher).

That said though, I'll echo what Jack Bauer said. Just get them because they're cool toys and they make you happy. It's always best to just consider it money spent and gone when you buy this stuff. If you can resell it later, that's a bonus - but if you're looking for stuff to invest in, action figures aren't really a good choice.

These figures are awesome though, I collect them myself and would definitely recommend them to any Star Wars fan!

Thank you also for the great advice. I've not been on the boards for a while and I have to say that I forgot what an awesome place Sideshow Freaks is!

Right on man! Enjoy the 40th collection if you decide to jump in :)

If your a completist though prepare to get hit hard in the wallet if you end up looking to get the Celebration exclusive Luke :gah:

SDCC is gonna have a really nice exclusive Luke w/Landspeeder, i shudder to think what Im probably going to have to pay for that one lol

If your inner child wants them... buy them! Plain and simple, who cares if they go up in value or not. If they are valuable to you that is all that matters.

Too many collectors on here(not just you Sean) get caught up in whether these things will increase in value or what others think of their collection. You will enjoy you collection much more if you let go of that mentality and just collect what you want/like. Be free man :)

:exactly:

Right on man! Enjoy the 40th collection if you decide to jump in :)

If your a completist though prepare to get hit hard in the wallet if you end up looking to get the Celebration exclusive Luke :gah:

SDCC is gonna have a really nice exclusive Luke w/Landspeeder, i shudder to think what Im probably going to have to pay for that one lol

Oh no! I am a completionist so for me there are 3 options:
A) Just the Darth Vader
B) The Full non-exclusive set (Han and R2 are already a bigger hit in the wallet)
C) The full set with exclusive Luke

Gonna put my thinking cap on!
-Sean

$30 CAN each its a easy pass for me. I would rather save those dollars for a Hot Toys!! If these were $15 I would be making a few purchases!! That Darth Vader box is $60!!! WTF

The true value is that they aren't in that stupid "black series" packaging that seems to plague everything Star Wars related. :lol

Oh no! I am a completionist so for me there are 3 options:
A) Just the Darth Vader
B) The Full non-exclusive set (Han and R2 are already a bigger hit in the wallet)
C) The full set with exclusive Luke

Gonna put my thinking cap on!
-Sean

Ahhh if you go with option C, you're gonna have to add the Gamestop R5-D4 too. The wallet cries in pain lol

Never thought I'd say I'm getting tired of seeing just ANH Leia on the pegs in stores :slap

Repackaged again. Maybe not literally, but essentially.

And they'll do it again for the 45th anniversary.

And the 50th.

Save your money. There's always another new thing ahead.

If you really want to buy little Star Wars figures that will increase in value, start collecting the original 1977-1983 figures.

Back