Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jase said:
I'll buy any ship that AA/DST releases, especially Starfleet ships! I'm not interested in battle-damaged ships though. If these continue to sell, I'm sure that a Defiant and Voyager will come along at some point.

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the battle-damaged variations. Double-dipping IMO. Although, the damaged Wrath of Khan Enterprise is worthy of a separate release because it was such a major part of the climax. Khan ripped the Enterprise nearly to shreds!!

I just hope the releases and quality get back on track with the Star Trek line. The Data and LaForge figures were chronically delayed, and their quality is subpar compared to the first four. No transporter-style display stand, shinier and cheaper plastic, and fewer accessories.

Thanks SithLord... thats a pretty good looking ship.

Hey Screamingmetal... are the Corgi ships diecast? I saw some small ones about 8"-10" in length from Corgi that were diecast and pretty nice. This looks a bit bigger, but hard to tell from the photo.

Can't say much about the Corgi's, but I am the proud owner of one of the Bandai kits, the movie version Enterprise(my favorite). If you can find one,BUY IT! the paint job is incredibly well done, much subtler than the pix would indicate. I can only assume that the rest are as nice. The Polar Lights versions are nice, too...PS

galactiboy said:
Thanks SithLord... thats a pretty good looking ship.

Hey Screamingmetal... are the Corgi ships diecast? I saw some small ones about 8"-10" in length from Corgi that were diecast and pretty nice. This looks a bit bigger, but hard to tell from the photo.
Yes they're diecast so you saw the same ones.
These I believed spiraled out of the Johny lightning series. I wish they continued that line, I never saw the finale series anywhere before they canned the line, strange because this series always soldout.

wax murderer said:
Can't say much about the Corgi's, but I am the proud owner of one of the Bandai kits, the movie version Enterprise(my favorite). If you can find one,BUY IT! the paint job is incredibly well done, much subtler than the pix would indicate. I can only assume that the rest are as nice. The Polar Lights versions are nice, too...PS
How is it removing the pieces from the trees? Do they come clean away or do you have to approach them like the usual model kits??

So Bandai did not make an Enterprise-D model? Bummer. Not sure why Picard's ship gets no love. I have been looking for one to place next to my AA TNG crew and still no luck. I have seen the corgi version but I don't know - something seems off to me - or it may just be the angle of the photo I saw.

Icemizer said:
Here is a link for the building of the Bandai Enterprise. Looks pretty damn good, so of course now I have to search them out.
https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/builds/ban/build_ban_ncc1701.shtml

I really hope Master Replicas continues making the ships. I would love a STTMP version of the Enterprise as well as the Enterprise D.
Thanks for providing the link. Interesting how the wires are exposed on the pylons and then covered by tape, I suppose they're in recessed groves.
The review shows a major problem with the sections all lining up straight specifically the nacelles lining up straight with the hull and dish, a problem I've always had with the Hallmark ornaments.
Looks like the AA/DST Enterprise refit or A (I never could understand the differences between the two) is the better value.

Batman5 said:
So Bandai did not make an Enterprise-D model? Bummer. Not sure why Picard's ship gets no love. I have been looking for one to place next to my AA TNG crew and still no luck. I have seen the corgi version but I don't know - something seems off to me - or it may just be the angle of the photo I saw.
There was a Enterprise-D made by Galoob before they lost the license or gave it up to Art Asylum. I have it and the warp nacelles, and sub-light engines light up, with sound effects. The buttons are a little too obvious but it fits in with the AA/DST ships (same size). Mine is dirty and has to be repainted (ink spill in a move) so I can't take pictures of it.

I had bought two Bandai models, the Enterprise A and E, from Hobbylinkjapan about a year or so ago. Although they look great, and definitly worth the money, they are not as easily put together as you are lead to believe. If you go just by the snap fits, quite a bit of light "leaks" out from various seams. Also, on the "A," you have you choice of decals (so you decide which ship name you want to give it either than Enterprise, ie USS Yorktown) and the decals are the ones you must use water and slide them into place. You know that type if you screw up are ruined forever.

Anyway, bottom line, happy I have them. You can display them on the stands or they give you pieces for the bottom of the hulls if you want them hanging.

Wow didn't realize there was that much out there, just really was aware of the CM one.

The corgi models look about my speed, does anyone have them on display?

Thanks!

Evan

hey guys, i've seen 2 customised 1/6 Johnathan Archer figures on ebay and i was wondering if any of you know where the customisers would have probably got the headsculpts from. I would really appreciate any help you cud give me .

Back