Star Trek Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It opened down here over the weekend as well, I went on Saturday with my kids.
I really enjoyed it, the cast is great, the action was fun and the movie really did hit all the right buttons when it came to all the emotional parts (the tribute to Nimoy was really moving).
But...

I had the feeling they were dialing up the comedy too much. And I felt separating Kirk from Spock and Bones was a mistake... three films in and we still haven't had these three together on screen enough time IMO. Maybe that's a fault of the first two, though...
Anyway, I'm still on board, and I hope we get more movies with these guys, they own the characters now.

Finally saw this. Generic villain, weak plot and like the new films, just a bunch of non stop stuff blowing up. Fun action film and some nice tributes to the original cast, but there is still nothing that feels like Star Trek in these films.

Yeah this went over the top with action and explosions- didn't work. Neither did the weakest ST villian since Insurgence- if they do another they better find out what ST is all about

Yeah this went over the top with action and explosions- didn't work. Neither did the weakest ST villian since Insurgence- if they do another they better find out what ST is all about

​You'll probably be happier with the new series coming out next year. It will be political and a commentary on current events. Unlike the old series though, one story will cover a whole season.

Finally saw this. Generic villain, weak plot and like the new films, just a bunch of non stop stuff blowing up. Fun action film and some nice tributes to the original cast, but there is still nothing that feels like Star Trek in these films.

and the Baddie.....

star-trek-beyond-krall.jpg

Was the Bastard Son of these two
GKarWar01.jpgJem'hadar_Officer.jpg

Must've gotten the blue from Momma.

His look is no better or worse than most in Sci-Fi movies. They could've made him a Gorn. Still need to see that epic battle! :lol

I liked Krall.
The makeup wasn't the most iconic of Star Trek, but I liked the Bio luminescent spots.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, I thought Krall was pretty cool, and I did get the feeling that his motivation wasn't solely that
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think he went a bit nuts. Then when he found the alien tech that he used to keep himself alive, he went over the top.

I liked Krall.
The makeup wasn't the most iconic of Star Trek, but I liked the Bio luminescent spots.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think he....

Spoiler Spoiler:

Very sad of Paramount that on the 50th Anniversary weekend of Trek, no ads, no push.nothing.

And to the chat above I'll add...I
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think he....

Spoiler Spoiler:

That might've been mentioned, I can't remember if it was, but I think that takes a character that has his own meaningful purpose and just makes him a crazed psychopath Imo. I hope that's not the case.

Very sad of Paramount that on the 50th Anniversary weekend of Trek, no ads, no push.nothing.

And to the chat above I'll add...I
Spoiler Spoiler:

I did see ads played that said ST Beyond was back in 3D in theaters for Labor day weekend, at least there's that.
I'll have to see this again, there's so much I probably missed upon the first viewing.

I have no idea when the release date is for this, but some are saying December, so maybe they'll push it some then.

Just purchased the movie. Much better than ID :pfft:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I have the cast signed photo/plaque from QVC of that pic. It was the best moment of the movie for me.

Back