Star Citizen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know that they'll get to a release before they run out of money. They were supposed to release a long time ago but they kept on adding features. They should have just released what they originally planned and then added features over time.

IIRC it's been delayed a bit but they have released pretty much what they said they would relatively on time.

Well, what they originally planned was supposed to come out in 2014, so yeah it's been delayed a bit. They shouldn't have wasted time doing a first person shooter than no one is going to play. Still waiting on the physical items too.

Dang....and those $2,500+ ships some people bought. Maybe they'll get taken over by a large publisher....I usually don't say that but seems like they might need it.

And yeah should have released the game first like darthviper said IMO.

Well, what they originally planned was supposed to come out in 2014, so yeah it's been delayed a bit. They shouldn't have wasted time doing a first person shooter than no one is going to play. Still waiting on the physical items too.

that was for the dog fighting module which they released >< full release is like 17-18 ;p

Squadron 42 is their single player (Wing Commander spiritual successor) game and that'll definitely come out and they'll be flooded with cash for a while.
No network issues, no multi-player (where 90% of the issues are with any online game) and art assets that all mostly exist now already.

They'll be a LOT of DLC and extra missions that come out to keep the cash coming there as well. They've already split the single game into 3 (*cough* I mean expand to a trilogy) but even so, apparently part 1 will be 20+ hours and 70+/- missions.

What the online universe will look like when it finally has a retail release (probably late 2018) is anyone's guess.

Back