Star Ace James Dean...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So everyone is in agreement then? Amazing work and another home run for Star Ace!

Actually I don’t think the Cowboy version is terrible, I instantly recognized him, doesn’t work as well on the Rebel version though.

Other than their Steve McQueen and their Christopher Lee Dracula, I don't think Star Ace has ever released any other figures that I even remotely considered buying. Hard to think of a 1/6 company with a worse track record (other than Molecule8 ;))...

Other than their Steve McQueen and their Christopher Lee Dracula, I don't think Star Ace has ever released any other figures that I even remotely considered buying. Hard to think of a 1/6 company with a worse track record (other than Molecule8 ;))...

Those are the only two I have from the company, and they really stand out compared to their work since.

I think we can say that Star Ace is the worst 1/6 company and agree that Molecule8 was not a company :)

Most of their early Harry Potter figures were good.

Most of their early Harry Potter figures were good.

This. I have the young Harry, Ron, Hermione and they are great figures. Massive attention to detail (wizard chess board remains a favorite accessory). Hard to believe how many steps back they have taken since their early releases though.

That is not James Dean... I have the old HT ones-
Rebel
Giant
And even the old Eric So stylised one...

None are perfect by today's standards... but these just don't feel like an upgrade to me!

The Barbie sculp looks better.
DSCN4045b.jpg

They used to enlist incredibly talented sculptors. Some Potter figures that were made early on were exceptional. Everything made in the last few years has been an utter train wreck. The Tarantino efforts are among the worst figures of all time. Somehow they retain the potter license despite these absolutely horrid sculpts.

Yeah hard to believe there was a time when this garbage company actually had KA Kim sculpting for them.

Yeah hard to believe there was a time when this garbage company actually had KA Kim sculpting for them.

To be fair she also worked for and once defended Molecule8. Good thing her sculpts are better than some of her choices;)

To be fair she also worked for and once defended Molecule8. Good thing her sculpts are better than some of her choices;)

Yep...I thought of that as soon as I typed it. At least Star Ace was able to replicate her prototype Hermione sculpt...what M8 Scam Co did with her Lennon sculpt was unforgivable.

They used to enlist incredibly talented sculptors. Some Potter figures that were made early on were exceptional. Everything made in the last few years has been an utter train wreck. The Tarantino efforts are among the worst figures of all time. Somehow they retain the potter license despite these absolutely horrid sculpts.

I don't think the folks at Warner Bros. care about the quality of the product much, other wise they'd try a little harder to get better companies on the job. McFarlane has had the license for a year and only produced 4 terrible figures and a creature. Star Ace is like 98% miss and 2% hit with the stuff they pump out. Figuarts made 4 great figures and called it quits, after people refuse to buy them because they started off with Sorcerer's Stone versions. Back in the day Mattel made garbage, and Neca made stuff that *barely* qualified as action figures.

As far as I'm concerned Lego is the only company doing right by the franchise.

Is the James Dean sculpt done by Waruna? He's talented for sure, but if he's doing this head sculpt, I can see why people think it doesn't resemble James Dean.

Is the James Dean sculpt done by Waruna? He's talented for sure, but if he's doing this head sculpt, I can see why people think it doesn't resemble James Dean.

I am not sure who sculpted it, but this is another reason to stay away from anything this company produces. They also have production issues from time to time so I would never order something until in hand pictures come out. I learned my lesson with the Kill Bill bride with that.

Yup he sculpted it. He had/has pics on his social media of the digital sculpt which I think looks better than what came out as per Star Ace. Something definitely happens during their casting process. When Waruna prints and casts his personal commissions, they come out much better than when Star Ace takes his sculpts and do their own thing.
Looks like this is in stock at BBTS. Are there any production pictures of the horse anywhere?

Yea I've been hoping to see the Michael Crawford raving reviews of either Rebel or Cowboy versions but nothing so far. I'm interested in the Rebel version but he'll need a body swap for sure.

Back