Star Ace - Deluxe Steve McQueen with German Uniform disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love Star Ace, they're doing an amazing job, but really not happy they've done this - I've only just bought the first version.

Everybody always asks for Bulitt. Occam's Razor says licensing Bulitt is not possible.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager Star Ace took a bath on this figure, and has a number of Great Escape figures sitting around, and the smartest thing to do would be to re-package it, with a new outfit to try and move remaining stock.

I just think that with this classic licenses like this, the target audience isn't willing to pay $200 for a licensed figure. The people that are into this type of subject matter are the ones buying Elite Brigade figures from Cotswold. Make Steve McQueen figures in that 1/12 format that Mezco is beginning to popularize, and I think you might be on to something.

I wonder why is that? Isn't Bullitt a Warner picture? Aren't they just working with them on the Harry Potter figures?

The only difference with the German uniform with this set is (I'm pretty sure) it mirrors the inaccuracies of the movie uniform, so, strangely, it's actually accurate (not historically accurate but screen accurate, you know?).
So, if you want historical accurate, yeah...Dragon/DiD/BBI will get you enough to cover on this, scratchbuilt...but if you want screen accurate...sadly, you're in for this release.
And don't get me wrong, I don't think either approach would be too out-of-line. It might come down simply to a purist thing.

Got my comp sample today and I am very happy with how the box art and design (which I did) turned out ie. embossing, varnish and foil stamp.

I have never held a StarAce figure in hand and not opened this yet but it looks really nice through the window. I am not the biggest McQueen fan so not sure if I should open it or not. I was going to just sell it on but it is my first box for StarAce so I think I should keep it.

12189613.jpg

YES you should keep it. Their figures have a nice weight to them. If you aren't a fan then maybe not open it. The box art is fabulous btw.

Got my comp sample today and I am very happy with how the box art and design (which I did) turned out ie. embossing, varnish and foil stamp.

I have never held a StarAce figure in hand and not opened this yet but it looks really nice through the window. I am not the biggest McQueen fan so not sure if I should open it or not. I was going to just sell it on but it is my first box for StarAce so I think I should keep it.

View attachment 222859

Just picked this guy up direct from sideshow. Must've got the last one, it just sold out. Will have him by tuesday. Pretty stoked!!

Captain Hilts escapes the fed ex drivers hands tomorrow, and falls straight into mine...:yess:
Looks to be a really nice figure, and will be my first by starace

All I can say is fantastic figure!
No issues, very nice body and joints, and the
accessories rock.
The 'cooler king' has been done justice by this promising
Company.

' Hilts...Just make it Hilts...'20160302_100846-1.jpg

20160302_100839-1.jpg

Bump for interest! Really? Nobody a fan of the Great escape?

Love that movie. One of the best war films ever made; I just wish Star Ace would do other characters from the film: James Garner, Richard Attenborough, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, hell even Donald Pleasance. This is one of my favorite figures.

Love that movie. One of the best war films ever made; I just wish Star Ace would do other characters from the film: James Garner, Richard Attenborough, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, hell even Donald Pleasance. This is one of my favorite figures.

Yep, if they do Bartlett, instant buy for me.
Ha, if they did 'colin the forger' I could finally make a custom old school Blofeld

How do they make those wonderful toys? Well you can find out now on the new episode of The Hottoycast with our great interview with StarAce Toys Ltd. Check your iTunes, Stitcher and the usual outlets.

Hot-Toycast-logo-SA.jpg

Back