Star Ace - Deluxe Steve McQueen with German Uniform disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what happened to the voting thing they had on their fb page. Were there any final results announced? I doublt it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was just for fun and not indicative of any future figures. Licensing these things is very, very complicated and time consuming. That's why a different expression head sculpt isn't likely as it has to go through the entire approval process all over again.

Crap- I have the GE McQueen but now they give you a German outfit? May be alot more costly thoigh..

We need a BULITT and Magnificent Seven Steve..

I also really want a Josh Randall the most!!

"Just make me already!!! Can't you see this is what everybody wants"

bullitt-03.jpg

"Just make me already!!! Can't you see this is what everybody wants"

Everybody always asks for Bulitt. Occam's Razor says licensing Bulitt is not possible.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager Star Ace took a bath on this figure, and has a number of Great Escape figures sitting around, and the smartest thing to do would be to re-package it, with a new outfit to try and move remaining stock.

I just think that with this classic licenses like this, the target audience isn't willing to pay $200 for a licensed figure. The people that are into this type of subject matter are the ones buying Elite Brigade figures from Cotswold. Make Steve McQueen figures in that 1/12 format that Mezco is beginning to popularize, and I think you might be on to something.

Everybody always asks for Bulitt. Occam's Razor says licensing Bulitt is not possible.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager Star Ace took a bath on this figure, and has a number of Great Escape figures sitting around, and the smartest thing to do would be to re-package it, with a new outfit to try and move remaining stock.

I just think that with this classic licenses like this, the target audience isn't willing to pay $200 for a licensed figure. The people that are into this type of subject matter are the ones buying Elite Brigade figures from Cotswold. Make Steve McQueen figures in that 1/12 format that Mezco is beginning to popularize, and I think you might be on to something.

Far, far from it. Steve McQueen was very successful. He's very popular in Asia apparently.

Never say never on Bullitt...

Far, far from it. Steve McQueen was very successful. He's very popular in Asia apparently.

Interesting.

But doesn't really help explain why they're re-releasing the figure. If that's the case, then it does "punish" the people who bought the earlier release.

All those items are readily available on the market from DID/DRAGON/SOLDIER STORY etc. Completely unnecessary to buy whole other figure if you just wanted one McQueen in the German outfit. The tailoring looks better on DID versions too, and they're affordable.

Agree with TheFiend. Still a good package for those that missed out on the first release. So it's still a good figure for those that want to get him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wait until they piss off everyone who buys this one with the "Ultimate Edition Steve McQueen with German Uniform and Motorcycle set.":lol

Back