Premium Format Stanley 'Artgerm' Lau's Pepper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice but pass. Here is a good example to test if you are a compulsive collector to buy a "empty character" statue.

Well as long as its interpreted as art anyone can find anything appealing and add their own "filling to the character". Statue, paintings, cars, women. It's all subjective. I think its a beautiful statue. Don't have room for it but really is a neat concept.

She doesn't even well represent the art. Looks too old. The colors and details will be lost in this medium. There's little purpose in her being so large either. There is good reason why Japanese statues use PVC. It works way better for that style. Easiest pass in my life. For this price I could buy five + high end Japanese statues that look significantly better and accomplish similar things.

Pepper has landed in N.J. Here are some quick shots.

pp1a.jpg

pp2a.jpg

pepper 3a.jpg

pp04a.jpg

pp14a.jpg

Overall a very Cute & Sexy statue!

Pepper just arrived here recently, and I had been a bit worried about how she was going to turn out... I'm happy to say that she is brilliant and completely gorgeous in hand... my copy is flawlessly executed (number 14!) and I personally love the portrait. Here are some hero shots of her - enjoy!

pepper 1 sm.jpg

pepper 2 sm.jpg

pepper 3 sm.jpg

pepper 5 sm.jpg

pepper 6 sm.jpg

pepper 7 sm.jpg

pepper 9 sm.jpg

pepper 8 sm.jpg

I love the entire concept of Artgerms Pepper. Its basically the character he does most of his experimenting with regarding various drawing styles. To date he has done over 200+ Pepper drawings and a lot of them are absolutely beautiful and available as prints. I prefer to buy my Pepper prints from Society 6 as you can get a 20x28 print for like 50% less than Artgerms official prints, which are significantly smaller and their both open editions. Plus I prefer the larger white border on S6's prints. There are 28 Pepper prints available from Society 6 if anyone is interested and you can get them as large as 28x40. I prefer the 20x28 size myself.

As for the statue, I have been going back and forth with this statue since it was first announced. I really like it, but I really don't want just one Pepper statue. I really don't have another statue to even pair it with. If I knew Sideshow was planning a couple more Pepper statues I would buy it without hesitation. I guess I am just going to have to wait and and see if Sideshow is planning on doing more Pepper statues and if they do, hopefully I'll still be able to buy this one for close to the MSRP. I think it turned out really nice so congrats to those who picked her up.

As for the statue, I have been going back and forth with this statue since it was first announced. I really like it, but I really don't want just one Pepper statue. I really don't have another statue to even pair it with. If I knew Sideshow was planning a couple more Pepper statues I would buy it without hesitation. I guess I am just going to have to wait and and see if Sideshow is planning on doing more Pepper statues and if they do, hopefully I'll still be able to buy this one for close to the MSRP. I think it turned out really nice so congrats to those who picked her up.

They're not going to. This is from the "Ask Sideshow" thread on the other forum:

SSAlex said:
As of now there are no plans to do any other characters/versions of Pepper. Glad you like your Pepper PF!

https://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=5527650&postcount=6301

Back