Stan Lee Autographs for $50 per... worth it or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
which to me is why i really would want an in hand auto from the man :)

:lecture Unless I meet that person to get their autograph, I'll never buy their autograph off Ebay or from a third party, no matter how trustworthy the seller is, etc. You just never know.

Nobody's autograph is worth money. Never paid for one and I have some pretty popular people's autographs... most of which were given to me by family members who met these individuals. I have no interest in autographs that cost money. It's just someone scribbling their name on an object. Why would I pay for that? Now if it was some artist's work ... yeah... but not an autograph.

Nobody's autograph is worth money. Never paid for one and I have some pretty popular people's autographs... most of which were given to me by family members who met these individuals. I have no interest in autographs that cost money. It's just someone scribbling their name on an object. Why would I pay for that? Now if it was some artist's work ... yeah... but not an autograph.

You're not just paying for an autograph. It's the experience and the memory. $20 for an experience that I'll remember forever is rather cheap, in my opinion, and well worth it.

Everyone has their own opinions though.

You're not just paying for an autograph. It's the experience and the memory. $20 for an experience that I'll remember forever is rather cheap, in my opinion, and well worth it.

Everyone has their own opinions though.

Exactly. That's why people value in person autographs. It's something that you can look back on and have a lasting memory. I remember as a kid, my dad took me to an Ann & Hope Department store and we waited in a short line having no idea what we were waiting for.

My dad winded up taking me there to meet Al Lewis (of the Munsters fame) who was signing autographs for his new VHS series. Thought it was the coolest thing since I loved watching reruns on televison. My dad didn't think twice when he bought a VHS tape of Granpa's Sci Fi Hits & Misses (to get signed) along with a signed polaroid. I still have that memory along with the VHS tape and the signed polaroid. After Lewis' death, I've always looked back at that picture proudly remembering the day I got a chance to meet him...

I rather meet people I can turn into a friendship.... vs. paying to meet some stranger I may not see again or won't remember me beyond those few minutes we may trade a few words with.

I rather meet people I can turn into a friendship.... vs. paying to meet some stranger I may not see again or won't remember me beyond those few minutes we may trade a few words with.

What if it was Sidney Crosby? Would that change your mind? :lol

Exactly. That's why people value in person autographs. It's something that you can look back on and have a lasting memory. I remember as a kid, my dad took me to an Ann & Hope Department store and we waited in a short line having no idea what we were waiting for.

My dad winded up taking me there to meet Al Lewis (of the Munsters fame) who was signing autographs for his new VHS series. Thought it was the coolest thing since I loved watching reruns on televison. My dad didn't think twice when he bought a VHS tape of Granpa's Sci Fi Hits & Misses (to get signed) along with a signed polaroid. I still have that memory along with the VHS tape and the signed polaroid. After Lewis' death, I've always looked back at that picture proudly remembering the day I got a chance to meet him...

That's a perfect example of what I mean. :rock I'm sure the VHS and autograph that your dad paid was WELL worth the memories that you carry with you today. I have similar stories like that as well and everytime I walk by one of the photos from that day, it's nice to reminisce because it always puts a smile on my face. That's priceless in my opinion.

I definitely see your point, but I guess we'll agree to disagree. :lol Some people feel that it's worth it. Others don't.

That's what separates #1 Buffy fans, like myself, from #2 Buffy fans, like you. :D

Hugs all around!! :grouphug

I'm off to C2E2 tomorrow and I'm hoping to snag a sketch from Adam Hughes (fingers crossed). I'd also like to get some things signed (i have three exs). What would you guys recommend getting signed? Bases or the prints or both? Should I even get them signed or would that "damage" them and drop the value (not that I plan on selling this stuff anyway, just nice to keep in mind). Thoughts?

Back