Stalkers head is disintegrating

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I didn't claim to be an expert about these modern casting techniques or how they actually do it. I though about but like I said; don't really konow how these are made nowadays. For example I think that the head of cobra sniper is mostly one lump of black rubbery plastic straight out of the mold. You can hardly call those painted. But hey, whatever.

Not it isn't because captain a-hole says it can't be and he is always right, right.

I like the sound of that. Has a certain ring to it. :lol

In all seriousness, I'd look at the storing conditions before considering product defects. Teemu's dust is likely just residue from the massive amounts of cocaine he snorts on the daily basis:

Scarface_cocaine.jpg

Well I didn't claim to be an expert about these modern casting techniques or how they actually do it. I though about but like I said; don't really konow how these are made nowadays. For example I think that the head of cobra sniper is mostly one lump of black rubbery plastic straight out of the mold. You can hardly call those painted. But hey, whatever.

Not it isn't because captain a-hole says it can't be and he is always right, right.

Nope, its actually a light flesh color. The whole head is painted.

I like the sound of that. Has a certain ring to it. :lol

In all seriousness, I'd look at the storing conditions before considering product defects. Teemu's dust is likely just residue from the massive amounts of cocaine he snorts on the daily basis:

Scarface_cocaine.jpg

:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

but the white residue is TRUE and the process aswell.There is no defect on the figure and Its not Dust or the room temperature

:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

but the white residue is TRUE and the process aswell.There is no defect on the figure and Its not Dust or the room temperature

But if it was left from the casting process, there'd be issues with the paint adhering. Maybe check the silica packet and see if it opened? :huh

But if it was left from the casting process, there'd be issues with the paint adhering. Maybe check the silica packet and see if it opened? :huh

its the plastic only that it leaches from.Stalker's head is mostly casted

Same thing with the MOTU Classics,it leached from the molded (flesh or casted colored) plastic,but nothing leached from the paint apps

it really is not a big deal,because its not a defect,its just the process and simple wipe down with cloth puts an end to it.

its the plastic only that it leaches from.Stalker's head is mostly casted

Same thing with the MOTU Classics,it leached from the molded (flesh or casted colored) plastic,but nothing leached from the paint apps

it really is not a big deal,because its not a defect,its just the process and simple wipe down with cloth puts an end to it.

If it's the same issue that's happening to the Matty figures, then it'd be deteriorating. My 4" TDK figures and Infinite Heroes are falling apart.

Totally know what ya mean. My Stalker's moostache was disintegrated by the time I had him shipped.

It seems to me that this sounds similar to an issue that arose with vintage Kenner Star Wars figures 10 years ago or so. I read of people finding a similar-sounding residue on figures that had been kept in the bubble on cards for many years.

About the same time, there was talk of the different materials between the weapons and the figures fusing on figures that were packaged with the weapons in their hands.

Not that I am saying this is the same thing. It just sounds similar.

Man, this whole deteriorating conversation made me do some investigation and I came up with a following thing. Now that may not be like 100% accurate and all, but it feel and sound quite bad and sad as well.

https://www.poeghostal.com/2010/12/the-mystery-of-the-plastic-mist.html

I kind of always knew that there are few things in this world that would last like, forever. However if stuff starts to go putrid after few years, then that suck big time. Then again I have so transformers toys that are now almost 28 years old and no deterioration save some sticker wear etc.

"sigh" think I need that cocaine now...

I dunno, I usually laugh at this kinda stuff but I've been futzing with mine after ordering the Neptune Seal's MK12 for him and mine has a weird residue/dusty/greying thing going on in his face too. It didn't wipe off via dry cloth either, which made me think maybe it always looked like that (it didn't). SHRUG. I'll repaint it if I have to, but yeah, just raising my hand too.

EDIT -

Oh yeah, that happened to mine too, and a few of the other DCUC figs.

This was encouraging.

BTW, One thing you might have noticed is that the chalking doesn’t show up on PVC parts that have been painted due to the paint actually protecting the vinyl from deteriorating. Go figure, just like the primary reason for painting your house is to protect it from the elements and keeping the underlying wood from rotting, the same holds true for your action figures

"ALL PLASTIC DECOMPOSES. It is just a matter of TIME."

But unless the plastic is really cheap,it takes YEARS for it to start decomposing...

I have this all figured out. I store them in a landfill. I have read that the plastic in landfills lasts for THOUSANDS of years.

It is mildew people. There is simply too much humidity in your room. The rubber/plastic reacts to the moisture in the air. You need a dehumidifier in that room, or just find a dryer place. I too noticed this problem long ago. Don't fret though. The white stuff wipes right off, but still its a little worrisome.

It is mildew people. There is simply too much humidity in your room. The rubber/plastic reacts to the moisture in the air. You need a dehumidifier in that room, or just find a dryer place. I too noticed this problem long ago. Don't fret though. The white stuff wipes right off, but still its a little worrisome.

Interesting...you just reminded me of a similar-sounding residue that I found on a jacket of mine when I was in Okinawa. I determined that to be mildew.

The only reason some other sculpts don't have this prolem is because they use a different material, like vinyl or PVC or something. I know Hot Toys uses something that this problem won't show up with. Well, so far that is.
Humidity plays strange games with our toys. It's just unfortunate that some of these companies resort to using cheap stuff.

It is mildew that selectivly grows on Sideshow Stalkers?:dunno None of my other toys have this issue. Believe me I checked after I found out about Stalker.

Back