SSE MUMMY PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and you didn't offer it to the boards

*insert facepalm here*

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

picard_facepalm.jpg

The buy now button never even appeared for me, and you CANCELLED?!?
:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Even your friendly neighborhood spiderman is saddened...

spidersad.jpg

Relax, I canceled my WAIT LIST. :lol

I need you guys to talk me down from the ledge as I'm about to jump on the colour version of The Mummy for $900 US. But since the box is so big it won't ship via USPS so Fedex is the only option and that will cost $460 US to ship it to Australia. Add on 10% for customs duty to the total price and we get there about's $1500 US and then convert that to AUS $1633.00.
Am I mad about doing this? Is The Mummy that awesome since I'm only going by photos having never seen one in the flesh so to speak?
Help me past and current owners please.

I need you guys to talk me down from the ledge as I'm about to jump on the colour version of The Mummy for $900 US. But since the box is so big it won't ship via USPS so Fedex is the only option and that will cost $460 US to ship it to Australia. Add on 10% for customs duty to the total price and we get there about's $1500 US and then convert that to AUS $1633.00.
Am I mad about doing this? Is The Mummy that awesome since I'm only going by photos having never seen one in the flesh so to speak?

Succumb. Yield. Join Us. You only have to do it once, then its all over. Like getting a flu shot.:peace

I believe the item will ship USPS.

might not be oversized to usps but when it gets into local delivery agent in australia they might classify it as oversized, different countries has different classifications of oversized

I need you guys to talk me down from the ledge as I'm about to jump on the colour version of The Mummy for $900 US.

You came to the wrong place if you need somebody to talk you out of purchasing a grail like the Mummy PF.

You know what must be done.

Succumb. Yield. Join Us. You only have to do it once, then its all over. Like getting a flu shot.:peace

Very true. It's not like I would ever leave him. The Mummy's Curse is upon me.....:horror

Computerfly I really wish USPS would ship such a oversize item but not to every country. I think The Mummy seems to be a US exclusive when it was first released by SS back in 2006 as the little US flag on the Exclusive symbol seems to indicate locals only maybe due to shipping price issues.Just a guess.

Karma you sound like you have had the same issues getting oversized items into Scotland?

Thank you Kabukiman for helping me drop a wad of cash. :naughty:naughty

I need you guys to talk me down from the ledge as I'm about to jump on the colour version of The Mummy for $900 US. .

Is it one of the ones on eBay? If so I would think twice. There's two on eBay and neither answer any questions about the item. Plus one of the descriptions is very direct about how if it gets damaged in shipping they are not responsible but still don't have any pictures of the item in it's current state. I have been on the fence to buy one of them on eBay but I would like to see it before I buy it.

I went with the colour version from Empire Auctions. The communication has been regular and quick. I did just ask to send me some shots of the mummy before shipping and the edition number.
After buying and selling on ebay for many years now you do have to have a obvious amount of caution but he seems genuine and I hope it turns out to be true. I will let you know either way but I really hope it doesn't turn out to be another terrible ebay experience.
I am not going for the SSE version that is up that's for sure $3750US:horror

I'll post some pics when he arrives.:banana

I went with the colour version from Empire Auctions. The communication has been regular and quick. I did just ask to send me some shots of the mummy before shipping and the edition number.
After buying and selling on ebay for many years now you do have to have a obvious amount of caution but he seems genuine and I hope it turns out to be true. I will let you know either way but I really hope it doesn't turn out to be another terrible ebay experience.
I am not going for the SSE version that is up that's for sure $3750US:horror

I'll post some pics when he arrives.:banana

Ahhhhh, yes. Glorious vibrant color. You did well....:chew:chew

Shipping on Tuesday US time so he should arrive sometime next week depending on OZ customs etc.
The guy says he has checked for any damage and there is no problems that he can see.
He quoted me 3 different numbers (405 is on all sides of the box 103 and 306 only appear once) on the outside of the box when asked for it's edition number which has got me baffled.I asked him to look at the bottom of the inner box but he doesn't want to take the inner box out of the sideshow outer box any more as he is worried that he might drop it or something.Is the edition number on the bottom of the inner box? Just curious since it's on all of my other PF's.
So it's a bit of a waiting game for me right now. Trying not to think about it too much as it will drive me round the bend. Besides my Creature from the Black Lagoon PF arrived today in blazing colour so that will distract me for most of the time.

hmmm very interesting. It would be on the bottom of the box like you said. Did not want to tell you though...what a jerk.

Besides my Creature from the Black Lagoon PF arrived today in blazing colour so that will distract me for most of the time.
Well, that should certainly keep you placated. The Creature PF is a work of art and, IMO, equal to The Mummy. It sounds like an early Christmas around your house! Congrats and keep us updated on your shipment...

Early xmas indeed. Need to stop now and just enjoy there charms.
Good to know about the number on the bottom of the box. I thought they might not of done that on some of there earlier PF's. Not like 3 years is a long time by any stretch but companies are always changing something to make them look like they are doing something different and yet it all stays the same.
Will give you another Mummy update when I have something to report.

Pictures will come........eventually.I promise.

Back