SSE 1:1 Ardeth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then hopefully once SS gets MY 'lost' order straightened out, there may be one more Ardeth Bey 1:1 that will ship to a waitlister. Don't anyone cancel their waitlist order on this (I've learned to NEVER cancel a waitlist order, always let Sideshow do it!), there may yet be one last bust to go, provided that mine is recovered from the bowels of FedEx Hell.... :eek:

OK, so here's the end of this story on my end: I contacted Shannon on Monday about whether she'd heard from FedEx and their so-called "trace" efforts for my package, and she said she had not received any additional info from FedEx, so she said she would ship the LAST SSE Ardeth Bey bust they had left to me, to go out on Tuesday. I called her around noon on Tuesday to see if the bust had left yet, and she said no, it was sitting by her desk to go out. I told her I would gladly (GLADLY, I say!!!) pay whatever the extra shipping was to have it shipped two day in order to ensure it arrived with a quicker tracking system (possibly harder to lose if it's supposed to be winging its way somewhere in a couple of days, right?). I'm at home this week and knew I would be able to sign for the package instead of having to pick it up next week. Shannon asked how long I'd be at home and I said til Monday. She said she would send it "3 day" at NO extra charge and it would arrive Friday (today).

And guess what, it DID! It arrived about an hour ago, and I've inspected it and it's perfect! The ironic thing is that I knew that busts numbered 7 thru 15 have been accounted for, so whatever number I got, it would be 6 or less. I actually DID get #6, which means the bust that FedEx "lost" was #5 or less! Still really pisses me off! I won't disagree that I'm becoming a more cynical person, but I'm awfully suspicious that FedEx just misplaced this extremely rare item. What, seriously, are the odds of that, hmm?

FedEx sucks. :monkey4 :monkey2

But my SSE Ardeth Bey 1:1 bust does NOT! :chew :chew

I'm a happy girl! :dance

I do really hope that the "lost" bust shows up and Sideshow is able to ship out what really really is the LAST of these busts to someone on the wait list. Don't anyone cancel their waitlist order on this yet! FedEx could still cough this one up. Stranger things have happened... :rolleyes:

Oh, and Shannon at Sideshow rocks!!!!

Last edited:
I'm really glad to here this Migwit. Been keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything would work out quickly.

congratz Migwit!!! I really hope the FedEx find that other bust and return it to SS.

...now,...where is my 1:1 Vampyre :mummy

Migwit said:
But my SSE Ardeth Bey 1:1 bust does NOT!

I'm a happy girl! :dance

Oh, and Shannon at Sideshow rocks!!!!

Thats great to hear Migwit...SS rocks:rock:rock:rock

Happy you finally got your Ardeth!!!

Thanks, everyone! I too am still trying to figure out how to display. I have enjoyed the pics of previously posted displayed SSE Bey's, and I've definitely got some ideas. I think I will have to wait til I get my phantom shelves built, so I can do some cool lighting with him. This piece absolutely rocks!

On a final down note, per Shannon at SS: The "first" bust seems to have disappeared. FedEx has thrown up their hands and said they don't know where it is. Shannon doesn't know what number it was, all that can be said for sure is that it was numbered anywhere from 1 to 5. I suspiciously expect one to show up on eBay before too long... :rolleyes: :monkey2

Glad you got it Migwit I wonder where the other low number are someone have to sitting one them is it Sideshow?

Nope, it's not Sideshow sitting on the low numbers of this bust. All the busts are shipped, so the "low numbers" (minus the one that appears to be lost at this point) are out there somewhere. The owners of those busts don't appear to be members of this board! :D

this thread needs some current pics. :D

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

Back