SSE 1:1 Ardeth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Occulum, you're probably right.

Seeing as how I love my 1:1 color version of this bust so much, it will probably take something catastrophic to entice me to sell this SSE bust (actually, EITHER bust!). I cannot WAIT to get this one! :D

Will got my on monday. I have not se any superlow number yet it look`s that the high number was shiping first this time. Will it be any Artist proof of this bust?

Ferlin, what number did you get????

I guess ALL the numbers on this bust are low, I mean, none are over 15, right? And the highest numbers are already accounted for, so you would have to have gotten no higher than 9 (unless you're talking about the color version?). :monkey1

:monkey2 Got officially closed out of the Ardeth Bay waitlist yesterday! Bummer, as I was thinking of turning him into a full sized figure for a home theater dispaly.

I'll just take that as a sign that something much cooler must be coming!

Just an observation, but I think the reason the SSE looks more dynamic is the dark shading around the eyes, really make them pop!

I've been meaning to ask those of you who own him, the fez is NOT removable correct? And is it flocked?

Since I assume that the only difference between these busts is the color vs. b&w, then I think I can answer. The fez is not removeable and is flocked.

I agree with you, Grim Jim, I think what looked so great about the SSE pics is the eyes, with the dark shading. The color version has lots of depth, and the SSE version (from what I can tell) has that "movie" look, which is oh so cool! :D

Got my shipping notice, my SSE is on its way! Delivery date is scheduled for 8/15!

Just recive my it have number #7/15 I wonder where the verry low number are? Migwit you will got one of those Number 1- 6.

Thanks, Ferlin! I could get #9 because I haven't accounted for that number yet either, but if not then yes it will be #6 or below. :chew

The Monster said:
the frankenstein monster is next i hope.

:frank

I hope so too! I'd be VERY Interested in that. VERRRY interested. I haven't quite delved in to any of the Universal Monster stuff as much as I would like. I respect and admire it alot.

I remember when I saw Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein for the first time. I had the same reaction as I did when I finished watching The Godfather Part II, I didn't want it to end!

Thanks, Ferlin! If that's the case, then I stand to get #6 or lower. I keep dreaming that I end up with an AP! :lol

Bonehead, who knows, maybe there's one left! Fingers crossed! :dance

I would LOVE for the next 1:1 to be Frankenstein. :frank I bet it would look fabulous!!!! I had no intention of collecting the 1:1 Universal Monster busts, but Sideshow had me at "Bey" when that 1st 1:1 came out! :mummy :rotfl :rotfl

Bring 'em on! :monkey1 :D

(sighs) I was going to wait to post about this til some kind of resolution had occurred. Seems SS shipped my SSE bust on August 10th, and I have the tracking number. SS shows FedEx picked it up from their warehouse and that's where the trail ends. :confused: There has been NO FedEx tracking update since August 10th after the item was picked up. Initially the FedEx site had a delivery date of August 15th (this past Tuesday) and I was checking the tracking every day with no updates, but was hopeful it would still show up Tuesday. Got home Tuesday and nada. On Wednesday I contacted Sideshow to let them know something very very bad was happening. :monkey2 Talked to Jennifer who called FedEX and she's having them try and track this down.

I am not a happy camper with FedEx. I have NEVER been quite so angry before with FedEx, but now I'm firmly in the camp of "FexEx sucks BIG time". If they have honest-to-God LOST my Ardeth Bey SSE bust, I will honest-to-God have to strangle every FedEx driver that I see from now on!!!! :monkey4

I was so very much hoping to be posting by now that I had this fantastic piece. Right now I'm trying to prepare myself for the very worst, which is that this item has been lost (or stolen by someone at Fedex). Either way, I may not be getting it. :monkey2 :monkey2

Migwit said:
(sighs) I was going to wait to post about this til some kind of resolution had occurred. Seems SS shipped my SSE bust on August 10th, and I have the tracking number. SS shows FedEx picked it up from their warehouse and that's where the trail ends. :confused: There has been NO FedEx tracking update since August 10th after the item was picked up. Initially the FedEx site had a delivery date of August 15th (this past Tuesday) and I was checking the tracking every day with no updates, but was hopeful it would still show up Tuesday. Got home Tuesday and nada. On Wednesday I contacted Sideshow to let them know something very very bad was happening. :monkey2 Talked to Jennifer who called FedEX and she's having them try and track this down.

I am not a happy camper with FedEx. I have NEVER been quite so angry before with FedEx, but now I'm firmly in the camp of "FexEx sucks BIG time". If they have honest-to-God LOST my Ardeth Bey SSE bust, I will honest-to-God have to strangle every FedEx driver that I see from now on!!!! :monkey4

I was so very much hoping to be posting by now that I had this fantastic piece. Right now I'm trying to prepare myself for the very worst, which is that this item has been lost (or stolen by someone at Fedex). Either way, I may not be getting it. :monkey2 :monkey2

that is really really sad.
do you know the edition number of your bust ?

Migwit said:

Damn man, that really, really, REALLY sux!!! I hope its just lost and they find it and get it to you....*fingers crossed*

Vince, I don't know the edition number of the bust I *almost* got. In a way, I don't think I WANT to know, 'cuz my luck it was #1! :monkey2

And yes, it TOTALLY sucks! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Ah, well, I can't say that I've given up all hope! Sideshow is working on this, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that they shall prevail! Today's correspondence with SS says that FedEx has 20 days to do their trace and get back to SS. So I'm keeping the faith! :monkey3

I realy hope you will got the bust soon. I think Sideshow will give you a new one if they don`t find this one.

Yeah, that's what I hope as well, ferlin. It's my understanding from Shannon at SS (who's working this for me) that there is a replacement (one LAST replacement) should my first bust go missing permanently. And I'm sitting on pins and needles praying that someone in Sideshow shipping doesn't ship out my 'last best hope' for getting one of these til FedEx has done their trace.

Damn FedEx!!! :mad: They're making my head hurt!! :sick

Back