SSC vs. DiD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookilar8

Super Freak
Reaction score
These 2 are in the same price range. So let's compare...

aragorn-02.jpg
9206_press04-001.jpg

aragorn-01.jpg
9206_press02-001.jpg

aragorn-03.jpg
92061_press02-001.jpg

Lollllll....there is nothing to compare......they re not in the same league...

Well, one looks like a Hasbro toy and the other could easily pass for a premium format piece.

Wow !!!. There's just no comparison !.
When placed next to Sideshow's....DiD's version makes it look like the before and after pics of Aragorn a few years down the line after hitting on hard times and spending one to many nights down the prancing pony to forget all his troubles !.:D

Just shows that with SSC you get more for your dollar, peso, franc, dinar, kuna, pound, krone, euro, markka, mark, lira, yen, shilling, won, rouble, .....

What the heck was I talking about again?:confused:

Looking at the two pics is rather amusing:D

This much I do know:

The guy on the left is the lead singer in knickleback and the guy on the right is the king of gondor. Am I right?:horror

Thanks for showing me what a great figure Sideshow has made. It looks a thousand per cent better than the other.

What was the cost of the DiD? (I'd never heard of them).

Lol, well I doubt anyone was buying DiD's version lately.
I want to point out though that they are doing amazing things on the military 1/6 scene, sooner or later they'll be adapting that quality to some movie license and I'm sure we won't be making fun of them anymore :)

I read your review of these figures Customikey when you posted it the other week.
The Legolas poses were hysterical:mwaha
Especially liked Aragorn's pose in the background with his hand over his eyes.

DiD is better....................................YEA Right ahahaha

Sideshow all the way.

I just got my DID shipment which came out to around 30 bucks a figure including shipping (half off original prices). It is nicer than the pics and in person it is surprisingly good. It is true the DID sculpt of strider is terrible, but it is the worst of the six DID made. The costumes and accessories are fantastic and just for that it was worth the money. I am not thrilled with the strider figure by sideshow either, now should I get two to swap bodies with the DID costume or should I wait for another aragorn to be made? Will there be 4 strider/aragorn figures made down the line? I hate repeats. Then again, I realize it isn't a tragedy that the sideshow sculpt is a little off, there will probably be others of the same character down the line.

The Did figures are great. I don't care what anyone says. I bet all the people that are making fun are people that don't own them. In person they truely rawk. Does the Sideshow Aragorn look better? Well, yeah, that doesn't mean DID did a bad job, no one can compare with sideshow, isn't that we are all here?

Back