SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evil Face love the bulking up of the figure....I kept looking at the plastic "iron on" material that SS used for the belt and just ripped it off...wasn't feeling it...went ahead and cut myself a thin strip of plastic and wrapped with sign vinyl then threaded that through my modified trunks secured it in the back and add my belt buckle off the crap SS belt and love the way it turned out.
IMAG00023.jpgIMAG00026.jpgIMAG00021.jpgIMAG00024.jpg
Okay...think I'm done for today...got to work on some pieces for customers.
Take Care - Jase

Evil Face love the bulking up of the figure....I kept looking at the plastic "iron on" material that SS used for the belt and just ripped it off...wasn't feeling it...went ahead and cut myself a thin strip of plastic and wrapped with sign vinyl then threaded that through my modified trunks secured it in the back and add my belt buckle off the crap SS belt and love the way it turned out.

Thanks. I like the material SS used on the belt. Your's looks good too!

How did you mod the undies? The figure looks fantastic EF.

Thanks. Using a fresh x-acto blade I removed the original hems and re-sewed them about 1/8 higher with the top of the loops sewn to the inside.

He has a John Byrne vibe in this pic. I dig it.

Thanks. He does. :)

I just got him and he's awesome, but mine came with a stain on his shorts. It looks as if he didn't fully shake off after using the restroom. Any advice how to get rid of small stains on 1/6 clothing and not ruin the material or dye?

Thanks. Try rubbing spot with some dawn soapy water mix and see if it comes out. If not, hit up s

Damn, EF. That Superman looks excellent! I haven't been remotely tempted by that figure until I saw your post.

Thanks. He is still a good figure out of the box.

Did anyone at SSC explain why they gave Batman a larger body than Supes? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I guess they considered Bats a back alley brawler. Someone also pipes in that Reeve wasn't built. But these are comic interpretations, so that excuse doesn't fly. If the figures were released with the bodies swapped, I don't think it would have bothered anyone.

And now the figure is ruined for me, can't unsee Evilface's custom. And since I don't have the skills to improve the stock figure, it is time to cancel. I imagine the dissapointment of opening Supes will be much bigger than the loss of the deposit.

Doesn't take that much skill. And it was fun. :)

Great pics and info Evil, I will be getting this in March.

:rock

Nice work Evilface. I'm assuming you bulked up the neck as well? Because it looks really well matched to the jaw line. Based on your pics I'm going to bulk up the neck on mine some more. Outstanding!

No, neck is all stock. I just made sure the head was fully down on the peg.

wow!
that looks great, Evilface!
Might have to pick him up now....

Love this picture.:lol

:rock :rock

Nice shots there Jace and Hockey. He is a very fun figure to pose.

I bulked him a little bit with some Apoxie Sculpt to give some gains! Just added the basic areas as in the last pic. Then sanded them smooth. I also raised the loops on his britches. That took about the whole Superbowl to do. :lol I think these mods are something most of us can do here.

But I really like the way looks now. Buff n tuff. Bats is still bigger, but Supes now looks great next to him. Love the sculpts and the wide manly jaw. I do like him over Reeve. As I said earlier, he looks more heroic. Plus I never like the sparkly spandex HT used and hate hate hate his cape. It never hangs well. Sideshow's has a superior body suit. It doesn't snag easy or look sparkly. The regular cape looks and hangs great. The snaps on the cape could have been move forward a bit to give it more of the Roman style hang, but it look great. Boots are super nice looking. Nice assortment of hands but a few more would not hurt.

But yea, now this is Superman to me. He looks fantastic on the shelf with the other SS DC figures. Can't wait for a Kingdom Come version down the line.

superman_ss_01.jpg

superman_ss_02.jpg

superman_ss_03.jpg

superman_ss_04.jpg

superman_ss_05.jpg

superman_ss_06.jpg

superman_ss_07.jpg

superman_ss_08.jpg

superman_ss_09.jpg

superman_ss_10.jpg

superman_ss_11.jpg

superman_ss_12.jpg

superman_ss_13.jpg

superman_ss_14.jpg

superman_ss_15.jpg

superman_ss_16.jpg

superman_ss_19.jpg

You did exactly what im doing to my ttm20 nice work.

I bought the angry head off Toy Anxiety, after receiving it I realized it's the same size as the head off the DC Deluxe 13. Did a quick switch and it seems to now make sense in scale.
833bf7cf-0d19-4c1c-9e53-9d020fa31fcf_zpsfoik7gbe.jpg

Very nice mods to the body, evil face.

I bought the angry head off Toy Anxiety, after receiving it I realized it's the same size as the head off the DC Deluxe 13. Did a quick switch and it seems to now make sense in scale.
View attachment 163378

Very nice mods to the body, evil face.

Wow is that DC direct body??, the hs is looking good there.. Really digging the looks bud..

Yeah i started modding my DC Deluxe bodies. I glued the biceps and thighs and sanded out cuts. it restricts the movement but only by sideways. I took out the area under the armpit which restricted bringing the arms to its sides. The Sideshow head is an almost perfect fit to the body except for the back area, the plastic under the jaw would have to be sanded to push the head a little back. Other than that, I had planned on putting the head on one of my HT Superman custom but now will just put in onto one of my DC Deluxe Supes.

A kingdom come superman would be an instant purchase for me, granted they beef up the body. haha

the full set ,paid extra for express delivery on monday and due to a delay entering the postal system ,it arrived in my local parcelfarce depot late friday night and sat in a freezing van until it was delivered on monday afternoon ,not sure if the heat vision bit were ever put on or if the broke off in transit ,cant find the bits in the box ,but the misaligned chest parts are damaging the look and finish of the suit ,disappointing for $270 delivered,just reported it to the seller ,hope he can help me get replacements

Back