SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you're giving too much credit to SS, I doubt Batman doing that exact same pose would look that scrawny.

Perhaps someone who owns Batman could oblige us with a similar pic?
I gave Sideshow no credit.

And it wasn't an indictment on this figure, my point was that Sideshow makes no attempt to get their early release products in the hands of people capable of showcasing their products in the best possible way. I was making no commentary on the quality of this particular product.

Sideshow posted this to their Facebook:

10402938_10152730508799145_8306251542588027969_n.jpg

I'm sure it's a bad angle but he looks really skinny and really...well...bad.

A link to the video review. Watching it now: Comic Vine gets

When I saw that today I couldn't believe that was the pic they used. I'm keeping my preorder but pics like this aren't making it an easy decision.

Not really, his physique's a constant among artists and it comes with the character, certainly no version has the proportions of this figure :lol

efwf34f.png

Yeah that's not peak physique at all :lol it's basically Reeve's face with Cavill's body.

I beg to differ that his physique is a constant among artists. Obviously, most artists don't depict him as fat or skinny but some artists depict Superman much muscular. Personally, I would've preferred that SS switched the Superman and Batman bodies but I think when someone has this in hand and compares it to HT figures or the other SS Flash and Green Lantern prototypes it doesn't look so skinny. My other gripe is that it has no double jointed arms.

Last edited:
I beg to differ that his physique is a constant among artists. Obviously, most artists don't depict him as fat or skinny but some artists depict Superman much muscular.
I didn't mean a specific physique is the constant, I meant that the peak physique is the constant.

Sure his physique changes from artist to artist, but it's always from one type of jacked dude to another type of jacked dude :lol

I gave Sideshow no credit.

And it wasn't an indictment on this figure, my point was that Sideshow makes no attempt to get their early release products in the hands of people capable of showcasing their products in the best possible way. I was making no commentary on the quality of this particular product.

I have to agree with King here. These early release shots can make or break a figure in terms of additional sales and getting people off of the fence. These people are essentially getting a $200 figure for free to review and show it off, and this is what they get? If I were handing out figures for folks to review them early I'd want the best shots possible and not right out of he box, no fuzzing, thrown together shots done in horrid lighting with no effort as we seem to get a large percentage of the time with stuff like this.

I was going to get this guy, just because I was on the fence with bats and he turned out amazing. But this? Holy crap is it awful. Even compared to what he looked like at sdcc! What happened in the last 6 months!?
1931450_et_comic_con_sideshow_1_brv.jpg

It looks like superman got really sick, and is giving the thumbs up cause he's better now and on the road to recovery. Just needs to pack on some pounds. Hang in there, buddy!

I was going to get this guy, just because I was on the fence with bats and he turned out amazing. But this? Holy crap is it awful. Even compared to what he looked like at sdcc! What happened in the last 6 months!?
View attachment 155465

That is pretty much the same figure, but as King said: "Sideshow makes no attempt to get their early release products in the hands of people capable of showcasing their products in the best possible way".

That is pretty much the same figure, but as King said: "Sideshow makes no attempt to get their early release products in the hands of people capable of showcasing their products in the best possible way".

As a semi-pro photographer, I've often thought about trying to start a review blog, but to get to the point where they start sending you figures, you have to buy them as they come out and get popular. At this point, they are way too expensive to do that. You would think that sideshow would have someone in charge of marketing. They can't not notice how this affects their bottom line.

Yea I'm thinking that is what the figure looks like.

Good lord :lol

I'll never understand Sideshow, there are a ton of people on this board alone that can take amazing pictures that would highlight Sideshow's products, but they are content sending early products out to folks who seems to do the complete opposite.

Sideshow....
1081.gif

Sideshow.....

Yup. Guess they need more rigged photo contests.

View attachment 155465

As 1000Masks said, it is the same figure. Just shows what posing and lighting and photography can do.
Definitely not the ideal Superman figure, but it's also fair to say that almost any figure can look like crap if posed the wrong way. Even my Hot Toys Michael Keaton looked like crap in a couple of excited, cell-phone pics I took when I first got it.
I was always planning to pose mine similar to this, so I'm just hoping it will look this good in that pose, in-hand. Not the Superman figure I was hoping for, but Sideshow is really shooting them in the foot by releasing those pics/videos, or sending the figure pre-release to those "reviewers" to put out on the web. Sheesh.

Hey guys does anyone have the superman statue where is is standing on a Art Deco falcon head like gargoyle and could post pics of sides, back and front maybe too if sups is removable. I'm wanting to sculpt it and cast it in concrete for my superman

Can anyone help me out?

Last edited:
Back