SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gaspar means 'The Dark Knight Returns' Superman - as in from the comic.

I'm not digging this figure either; everything from the weird head, the crappy S emblem, to the body & the hilarious undies / belt combo that does nothing for his overall look in the end.

HT Reeve is the one to own - comic, movie or otherwise.

That's the definitive classic 1/6 Superman to date.

Looking at the sculpt and the body again, the figure reminds me of the John Byrne version of the character.

Gaspar means 'The Dark Knight Returns' Superman - as in from the comic.

I'm not digging this figure either; everything from the weird head, the crappy S emblem, to the body & the hilarious undies / belt combo that does nothing for his overall look in the end.

HT Reeve is the one to own - comic, movie or otherwise.

That's the definitive classic 1/6 Superman to date.

That's only the definitive classic 1/6 Superman, if you are ok with it looking like Chris Reeve. Don't get me wrong, I grew up with the first 2, so I have a huge nostalgia for them, but personally (just like Batman), I don't want my definitive Superman to look like a specific actor or from a specific movie. Personally, I think the headsculpt looks great, I'm good with the emblem as well. The waist is a little thin, but so is the 1/6 Batman's, which is what I'd want in a comic representation anyway. For a comic figure, I wouldn't want real-life person proportions. My only concern is the neck. From some angles, the neck looks too long, from others, it looks fine.

There is nothing i like about this figure. I have problems with their Batman but i liked it enough to buy it. I wouldn't buy this for $50 sad to say.

I hope it's just a blip and Flash and Green Lantern come out great or this line might not go the distance, especially with the Marvel line starting next year.

When I first saw this previewed 2-1/2 years ago at SDCC, this was the figure I was most looking forward to.

Then it was shown with the too thin for Superman body at the last SDCC. I hoped that SS would come to their senses and decide to release it with the Batman body. It would have been so easy and the figure would have looked so much better. I think the head and the suit would have looked better on a more muscular body as well. The trunks is another story though.

Just in case, I did purchase a TTM 20 muscle body. So I do intend to keep my preorder and I am hoping that the skin tone on the head will match up well with the Hot Toys skin tone. Then I will need to figure out how to get the sewn on suit off the SSC body and on to the Hot Toys one since I don't sew. Hopefully the wife will help.

Superman should look like this:
70191014_1-Pictures-of-Looking-for-Superman-Comics.jpg

Not this:
goth-superman-closeup-217x300.gif

Both pictures are exaggerations, but you get the idea. The Superman PF statue is still the perfect representation of the character to me.

mother of god get that man a sandwich lol ,i hope thats a bad picture angle or something , my high hopes for this figure looking good straight out of the box are fading some what , looking forward to seeing some in hand pics from you guys when you get a chance to fix him up ,

Interesting. I guess that review is one of the reasons why so many people don't know that Hot Toys and Sideshow are different manufacturers and companies...

I'm on the fence on wether I should cancel this or not. The big head makes the body look even smaller. Does anyone have a pic of the Reeves figure next to the SS Batman?

I had this on pre-order but after seeing the reviews and photos, I cancelled it. Maybe some better photos from the board members here might renew my interest. There are so many other great items coming out soon that I had to choose and this lost big time.

I'm on the fence on wether I should cancel this or not. The big head makes the body look even smaller. Does anyone have a pic of the Reeves figure next to the SS Batman?

As for the pic above, that is a slightly skewed one to judge the figure on. There is extreme lens distortion going on. In the other head and shoulders shot, you get a better idea of the actual shape without distortion.

I had this on pre-order but after seeing the reviews and photos, I cancelled it. Maybe some better photos from the board members here might renew my interest. There are so many other great items coming out soon that I had to choose and this lost big time.

Same.

When I first saw this previewed 2-1/2 years ago at SDCC, this was the figure I was most looking forward to.

Then it was shown with the too thin for Superman body at the last SDCC. I hoped that SS would come to their senses and decide to release it with the Batman body. It would have been so easy and the figure would have looked so much better. I think the head and the suit would have looked better on a more muscular body as well. The trunks is another story though.

Just in case, I did purchase a TTM 20 muscle body. So I do intend to keep my preorder and I am hoping that the skin tone on the head will match up well with the Hot Toys skin tone. Then I will need to figure out how to get the sewn on suit off the SSC body and on to the Hot Toys one since I don't sew. Hopefully the wife will help.

Superman should look like this:
70191014_1-Pictures-of-Looking-for-Superman-Comics.jpg

Exactly. If they had just put him on the same body as Bats then he'd be much better.

The latest picture posted from that review makes him look like a $50 Sideshow figure from eight years ago. Color me optimistic until I saw that.

I may go the TTM 20 route too. I really want a 1/6 scale comic book Supes and I'm afraid customizing his one will be my only real option. There's good parts on this figure but the thing as a whole keeps looking worse with every review.

Back