SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like there as extreme lack of interest in this figure. Curious as to why? Other than the head maybe a tad too big, I think it looks great in relation to how Supes looked in the comics.

It seems like until the PO went up, there was loads of interest.
Perhaps amongst the fanbase, the waiting for the PO is over and we can all relax?
Can we get a show of hands as to who ordered?(If you don't order, we don't need to hear that. Just everyone who ordered when it went up)

I have an EX on order.

I have the Joker and Harley Quinn exclusives in hand and the Catwoman, Batman, and Superman exclusives ordered.

It seems like until the PO went up, there was loads of interest.
Perhaps amongst the fanbase, the waiting for the PO is over and we can all relax?
Can we get a show of hands as to who ordered?(If you don't order, we don't need to hear that. Just everyone who ordered when it went up)

I have an EX on order.

Exactly, I was paying a lot of attention before the PO, now that I have my baby secured, and I know the release date, I feel like I can relax :lol

EX for me too.

I have the Joker and Harley Quinn exclusives in hand and the Catwoman, Batman, and Superman exclusives ordered.

Nice. Is Batman another "As envisioned by Sideshow" version? Or a specific look from a specific comic?

Exactly, I was paying a lot of attention before the PO, now that I have my baby secured, and I know the release date, I feel like I can relax :lol

EX for me too.

Yep.
Panic is over. Now the real waiting begins. Although we all waited two years to preorder it!!!

Batman as with all of this line are "as envisioned by sideshow" however that's perfect for me I wouldn't be able to pick just one comic version of any of the characters

Well, I still can't decide on this guy. He looks good, that's not the issue. I'm getting the PF to showcase the comic look, plus I have the Reeve and Cavill Supes, I think this will make one too many by the time my Supes setup is done. On the fence for now.

Seems like there as extreme lack of interest in this figure. Curious as to why? Other than the head maybe a tad too big, I think it looks great in relation to how Supes looked in the comics.

Doesn't have "made by hot toys" on it and isn't shiney like a gimp outfit.

I'll probably order, not sure. More likely I'll jump on the waitlist, that's how I order these days. I do have all the other DC 1/6 on order. Just not in love with this figure. Though its basically a must have if your going to do anything with this line.

After saw this one I wound up buying MOS.

Why is the jowl so wide and pointy at an angle?

I am excited to have a comic book portrayal of superman, I wonder if i can transfer him to a HT body if he looks small in hand?

I did notice in the pics his costume is a little loose around sleeve I do hope they can make those seems snug so when you pose his arms their isn't to much fabric showing.

I am excited to have a comic book portrayal of superman, I wonder if i can transfer him to a HT body if he looks small in hand?

I did notice in the pics his costume is a little loose around sleeve I do hope they can make those seems snug so when you pose his arms their isn't to much fabric showing.

There are a few HT bodies with attached necks. Bane, Barney Ross, Jor-El, TTM19(Origins Wolverine/Indiana Jones/Royce/Hawkeye), Last Stand Wolverine/Joe Colton, TTM20/Arnie Terminator.
Some have smaller arms than others.
You'd have to asses the how the figure looks when it appears. Also, the costume might be tough to remove.
Fingers crossed it has a zip...

2*`
There are a few HT bodies with attached necks. Bane, Barney Ross, Jor-El, TTM19(Origins Wolverine/Indiana Jones/Royce/Hawkeye), Last Stand Wolverine/Joe Colton, TTM20/Arnie Terminator.
Some have smaller arms than others.
You'd have to asses the how the figure looks when it appears. Also, the costume might be tough to remove.
Fingers crossed it has a zip...

Since when do you need a zipper to remove a costume, Bar? For the man who customized a Bruce Wayne by removing the head from the neck of the Bruce Wayne sculpt from the DX12 a sewn suit should be a minor inconvenience, imo.
I am so disappointed with the body SSC used for Harley that I am going to take apart her suit and put it on a HT Avengers Black Widow, or Selina Kyle, for the double jointed knees and elbows. I'll probably use the SSC chest because it's great and parts of the Medi Harley for the parts that are more accurate to the character. To make your figures the way you want them sometimes you have have to know your way around a needle and thread.

Since when do you need a zipper to remove a costume, Bar? For the man who customized a Bruce Wayne by removing the head from the neck of the Bruce Wayne sculpt from the DX12 a sewn suit should be a minor inconvenience, imo.

Of course. I just meant for those who can't sew, a zip would be more handy!
I can do it either way.

I am so disappointed with the body SSC used for Harley that I am going to take apart her suit and put it on a HT Avengers Black Widow, or Selina Kyle, for the double jointed knees and elbows. I'll probably use the SSC chest because it's great and parts of the Medi Harley for the parts that are more accurate to the character. To make your figures the way you want them sometimes you have have to know your way around a needle and thread.

For sure.
Are you going to do that Harley mod soon? I'd like to see pics when you're done.

Of course. I just meant for those who can't sew, a zip would be more handy!
I can do it either way.

For sure.
Are you going to do that Harley mod soon? I'd like to see pics when you're done.

Oh I know you can, I was just reaching for a chuckle. I was very close to obtaining the Medi Harley on Ebay for really cheap but that fell through so now I'm just working with a SSC Harley and HT Black Widow parts. I love everything Sideshow did with Harley just the small inaccuracies and the body have made me want to replace them. I'll keep you posted.

Oh I know you can, I was just reaching for a chuckle. I was very close to obtaining the Medi Harley on Ebay for really cheap but that fell through so now I'm just working with a SSC Harley and HT Black Widow parts. I love everything Sideshow did with Harley just the small inaccuracies and the body have made me want to replace them. I'll keep you posted.

Some of the best projects are like that. A good figure that can be made great with a nip here and a tuck there.
The Man of Steel was like that.

Back