SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to like these... but something is preventing me from enjoying them. Honestly it is the pending price that is causing me pause... I see Sideshow being absurdly greedy and wanting $200 + for these but they shouldn't be anything more than $80-120.

He and the CR and in two different poses in the pictures he tried to show a comparison to. That is a flawed comparison. SHow me pictures of both them being in the same exact pose.

Then maybe I can see the relevancy.

Exact pose?

Took me some time to find one that is similar in terms of angle:

SSCSupe_zps993c2ca0.jpg

HT Superman photo by hhhaney1234.

The problem is, as I stated earlier, in its proportion. Since it seems that I need to be specific, the abdominal area is too narrow which throws off the traditional superhero proportion. My pet peeve is with the connections between crotch and thigh, which, to me, really makes the figure look ridiculous. Legs are fine, hs looks great. So the problem is really just the crotch area. I compare it to HT to showcase what they did with the crotch area.

Yellow line to show how much wider the thigh should be. Also, if the belt can be adjusted (i.e. fastened tighter) as to not hang loose on his waist like in that picture, it might help a bit with the underwear problem.

If you disagree, fine. But let me voice my opinion as well eh?

This is a terrible comparison pic. Show me a pic of them being in the exact same position. From what I can tell, the upper torso (chest, arms) blow away the CR supes. That body is really well done with a Razor Ramon head sculpt to boot.

Sorry dude, I just don't see how you can make a side by side comparison without having it in hand.

Sorry, but what you're asking is very very strange. Comparison pic of them in the EXACT same position? Whereas pictures readily available for you to evaluate can't do the same thing?

I don't see Hard Gay in that sculpt. But if you do, more power to you, I suppose.

You are completely right about the thigh and crotch areas.

Look at Batman. It looks like his leg is popped out of it's socket. :lol

If you're going to make a body that will be displayed in tight spandex it better look damn good all around. :lecture

The Hot Toys CR Superman is a great example of what's good.

You are completely right about the thigh and crotch areas.

Look at Batman. It looks like his leg is popped out of it's socket. :lol

If you're going to make a body that will be displayed in tight spandex it better look damn good all around. :lecture

The Hot Toys CR Superman is a great example of what's good.

Well I did say that that is the problem with the entire line, but I should take back what I said because apparently the girls (Cat and Quinn) don't have that problem.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to agree with me. They may start calling you a troll.

Even if you are 100% accurate with your criticism, I personally don't think what you're pointing out is a very big deal. Expecially since it could be a matter of the pose or the suit not being put on. Who Knows.

This is a 1/6 interpretation of a comic book character. If you have an expectation of perfection for a toy/collectible, regardless of price, I applaud your high standards. But as we've seen with hundreds of other 1/6 figures made by Sideshow, Medicom, Hot Toys and other companies, that will never happen.

But of couse, this is my opinion. I certainly don't expect everyone to feel the same as I do, just like I'm sure other here don't expect to feel the same as they do.

Last edited:
That's fine. What irks me is the vitriol I get from some members here for stating my opinion which is basically a criticism NOT directed at them but to Sideshow.

I would imagine that the license fees SS has to pay for Star Wars was much higher than DC. If that is the case, maybe these will be no higher than the low end of the Star Wars line. Or maybe even cheaper.

Let's just wait and see.

Personally, I don't think the license fee has that much to do with the pricing because as a production company they have to set a base price anyhow. So it's definitely going to be over $100 and probably less than $200 :lol

Overall, I think it's a nice attempt. However I do agree that the undies & belt need work, & maybe the upper thighs need a little more girth or something.

What I don't like actually.. is the chest 'S' emblem. It looks kinda Mego-ish.. :huh :lol

I suppose you're right. It's because of the black outline on the shield, isn't it?

I agree. I'm not sure what version this is, but this is what I see.

Zach-Snyder-Calls-MAN-OF-STEEL-A-More-Serious-Version-Of-Superman.jpg
Day08_010113_Superman02.jpg

That's what I see in all the DC Comic style 1/6 figures coming... it seems crazy that folks are comparing SSC Superman Comic version and Hot Toys Movie Superman.. They are completely different beasts... and happily so!

Back