SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my finished nekkid Supes...

image.jpg

And suited up...

image.jpg

Groovy, I think you're gonna be struggling to get the suit over the T20 with that much muscle.

Also for those doing this, contrary to popular belief, snaps do a great job of keeping the suit closed at the back. I've got two on it now but will probably add another one or two later on.

Hey, you were right, that doesn't look difficult to do, if I ever get I'll do just that, maybe I'll add some back muscles too.

Kudos to you guys for making the most out of the situation :duff

I'm going to sand it down. I felt it would be easier to take away then to add on latter if I made it to small. For some reason he looks bulkier on the picks than in person. I guess it's true camera does add more weight.

I went back and took some of it down alittle and tried bat suit over body. It looks sweet. There is a lot of excess fabric on bat suit so if I have to for superman let out some seams of his suit if it's the same way.

Last edited:
Here's my finished nekkid Supes...

View attachment 164934

And suited up...

View attachment 164935

Groovy, I think you're gonna be struggling to get the suit over the T20 with that much muscle.

Also for those doing this, contrary to popular belief, snaps do a great job of keeping the suit closed at the back. I've got two on it now but will probably add another one or two later on.

Could you post a pic of the suit closed with snaps?

Thanks

BOBBY

Great job guys. If I get this I am going to feel like I have to do the muscle add ons. lol

I got some sanding but that's only to smooth out sculpting the suit fits fine. Sadly I think I'll have to heat up the boot tops so they will stretch over body's thicker legs. Then add width to post. I'm still moving snaps to inside collar. I see future problems if it's on outside. It will take Me a few days to get sups fixed up.

I finally got a chance yesteday to work on Superman a little.

The Superman to the right is almost stock except I replaced the short and belts with the Mattel movie version.

The Superman to the left is the one I worked on:
I purchased an extra sculpt, boots and fists from Toy Anxiety.
Did a slight jaw mod.
I painted the Batman body neck. Used tape over the neck and feet pegs to fit Supe's head and shoes.
Then I heated and stretched the boot tops to fit over his legs.
Switched the hand pegs.
Then I put on the Mattel Superman costume with a temporary DC Direct shorts and belts.

I am not really happy with the Mattel costume as I snagged it a couple of times on the velcro and I dislike the way the cape lays.
I do like the color but I think I will enjoy the figure more with one of Tony's costumes.

16299262750_b5df1b3e92_h.jpg

Cool custom, Death Star! That's one way to get some muscle definition on him. :rock

Looking forward to seeing yours, Groovy!

Alan, those are looking good. I can't believe the Mattel movie version shorts are better than SS's.

Here's mine with the HT shorts put on. My ideal comic Supes is almost done.

image.jpg

How did you guys get the suit off?

I took a seam ripper to the stitches on the back.

Cool custom, Death Star! That's one way to get some muscle definition on him. :rock

Alan, those are looking good. I can't believe the Mattel movie version shorts are better than SS's.

View attachment 165161

Coco, what is the recipe for this? I know its a Batman body but if you don't mind going over the rest?

Thanks

Coco, what is the recipe for this? I know its a Batman body but if you don't mind going over the rest?

Thanks

It's actually a modified SS Supes body, Lee. I was gonna use the Bats body but after seeing what EVILFACE was able to achieve with a little epoxy sculpt I decided to go that route. Other than that the only thing not stock are the red undies which are from HT Reeve.

I finally got a chance yesteday to work on Superman a little.

The Superman to the right is almost stock except I replaced the short and belts with the Mattel movie version.

The Superman to the left is the one I worked on:
I purchased an extra sculpt, boots and fists from Toy Anxiety.
Did a slight jaw mod.
I painted the Batman body neck. Used tape over the neck and feet pegs to fit Supe's head and shoes.
Then I heated and stretched the boot tops to fit over his legs.
Switched the hand pegs.
Then I put on the Mattel Superman costume with a temporary DC Direct shorts and belts.

I am not really happy with the Mattel costume as I snagged it a couple of times on the velcro and I dislike the way the cape lays.
I do like the color but I think I will enjoy the figure more with one of Tony's costumes.

16299262750_b5df1b3e92_h.jpg

Looks Nice!!! Can you take pic with SSC Batman with the two?

If you had an extra rubber neck piece for superman(rubber and the neck post), would that fit on batman's body?

View attachment 165161

Very Nice!!! With the sculpting, does that stick to the body with out glue? Thinking I'm going to have to do this to my supes.

Back