SSC Storm Shadow (V2) Assassin 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much complaining, griping, & whining must all JOE collectors within this forum (and elsewhere) must do in order for Sideshow to correct the masked head sculpt where the mask will have the same camouflage patten as the outfit?
Not sure. Firefly happened following complaints, but did the (significant) whining and complaining really here play any role in that? Or was the actual plan to do it in place beforehand (as I believe someone from Sideshow claimed). Unknown.

So happy to see this figure. I missed out the first go around and Stormy is my favorite character. About a month ago I boxed up all my SS Joes with the intention of getting rid of them except for the ninjas until my wife convinced me to hold onto all of them. I wonder if she knew I had Bludd ex, CC ex, Baroness ex, and soon to be Destro ex and Stormy ex on PO if she'd feel the same way.

Not sure. Firefly happened following complaints, but did the (significant) whining and complaining really here play any role in that? Or was the actual plan to do it in place beforehand (as I believe someone from Sideshow claimed). Unknown.

I'm pretty sure the plan was in place beforehand.

So happy to see this figure. I missed out the first go around and Stormy is my favorite character. About a month ago I boxed up all my SS Joes with the intention of getting rid of them except for the ninjas until my wife convinced me to hold onto all of them. I wonder if she knew I had Bludd ex, CC ex, Baroness ex, and soon to be Destro ex and Stormy ex on PO if she'd feel the same way.

Thats what is referred to as a keeper.

What a great wife. :clap

And yeah, as drought like as it seems to be sometimes as a Joe fan, its pretty nice knowing that Bludd, Destro, and Baroness are on their way.

And I was thinking too myself after reveals of the Baroness, and pre-orders of Bludd, CC, and a reveal of Destro, we need to see a Joe. Like the majority of Joe fans, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were my faves as kid. I still would have preferred to see a new Joe like Low Light or Tunnel Rat, but Storm Shadow V2 looks pretty damn good.

As it sometimes does, life got in the way and I had to sell my Elite collection, but Baroness, Bludd, CC, and Destro didn't really make me regret it. Sometimes you just have to let go, and that's fine. But seeing Tommy Arishikage makes the regret creep in slightly...

I hope he comes with an updated unmasked head sculpt. Sideshow's unmasked Joe sculpts since the original Storm Shadow, Duke, and Flint have improved by leaps and bounds.

KXB5aBp.jpg

Sideshow just posted concept art on their Facebook page. SS is in the upper left corner.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151614764594145&set=a.102911084144.82256.19004299144&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Sorry if this has been posted already...

I actually really like this figure. Would like to see him with the hood up to see how close he seems to the original figure.

I like it as well, based on this initial teaser, and am looking forward to seeing the full release pictures, as well as with the hood up.

Seems like ,starting at the last Cobra commander release, a brand new line of joes, it just seems like starting at Cobra commander foward wouldn't be displayed well with the older joe line

This is definitely awkward...

Firstly all SS has done here is try to mimic the super successful and desired Firefly figure.

SS used to own the GI Joe market but now that HT is involved why are they going head to head with HT??? (Snake eyes & Storm Shadow)

SS SERIOUSLY needs to lower it's prices and remember why people started buying these SS Joes in the first place (good quality for a low price). If they wanna go par with HT they can for GET it...

The sculpts are worth $20 at BEST, SS needs to price accordingly.

That SAID, I wish I had that dam fire fly figure.

I just had a wonderful vision of SE and SS back to back on the Arashikage temple dio fighting off hoards of red, black, and vipery ninjas! I surely hope there is a photo of this when Stormy goes up for sale.

This is definitely awkward...

Firstly all SS has done here is try to mimic the super successful and desired Firefly figure.

SS used to own the GI Joe market but now that HT is involved why are they going head to head with HT??? (Snake eyes & Storm Shadow)

SS SERIOUSLY needs to lower it's prices and remember why people started buying these SS Joes in the first place (good quality for a low price). If they wanna go par with HT they can for GET it...

The sculpts are worth $20 at BEST, SS needs to price accordingly.

That SAID, I wish I had that dam fire fly figure.

SS still owns the GI Joe Market. Hot Toys has a little-desired license (GI Joe: Retaliation), and Sideshow has ARAH. That being the case, whether for good or bad...there is no actual "head-to-head" competition.

Oh...and let's not forget that there some of us who prefer Sideshow over Hot Toys so there's that, too.

SS still owns the GI Joe Market. Hot Toys has a little-desired license (GI Joe: Retaliation), and Sideshow has ARAH. That being the case, whether for good or bad...there is no actual "head-to-head" competition.

Oh...and let's not forget that there some of us who prefer Sideshow over Hot Toys so there's that, too.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

CANNOT!!!!! believe this figure does not come with a red backpack and a red sword like the original!

EPIC FAIL!

What was SS thinking making him look so realistic!

CANNOT!!!!! believe this figure does not come with a red backpack and a red sword like the original!

EPIC FAIL!

What was SS thinking making him look so realistic!

He looks good to me. Like Destro who turned out great after I hated the teaser pic, you should WAIT for the full reveal. :)

Back