SSC Stalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If memory serves, the Beachhead exclusive also sold out fairly quickly. And yet. . .

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=26281&ref=home&featureA&prod_push

I understand there are canceled orders and extra replacement stock that account for some of this. But, I'm not sure that a sold out pre-order (particularly with no NRD involved) means much.

What I am hoping is that...as in my case...some collectors who do not normally cancel their orders ordered 2 as they allowed and that will turn in to fewer ending up "in stock".

I do think that allowing for multiple exclusive purchases on items like this is a good move from Sideshow's perspective, and will help to move more figures that otherwise would end up on the gift card list.

Because like you say, diehards who want multiple exclusives will buy them, whereas some casual customers will find excuses to cancel.

Bro...that ____ was in the cartoons. Sure they're SF, but every SF group have there own distinctive crest. I'm just saying they're two separate units.

He's right though. SF pretty much have cart-blanch when it comes to weapons, gear and dress.

Not really. Rangers have a tan beret now. Green Berets have a completely different flash on their beret. It has their crest with the words "De Opresso Liber."

In my experience, with SF it's usually a rank pin over the flash. Did that change?

the Regular version is not the same price as the ex....other vendors have it for 112.99...which saves me from paying more VS. buying it direct from Sideshow...if I want the exclusive,then I buy from Sideshow directly and pay more...

I am only going by what I see on Sideshow's site. Both the regular and the exclusive are $129.

So how does that work if you can get a cheaper price from other vendors? Do the vendors get a cheaper deal through Sideshow? I guess this isn't the same as buying MOTUC from mattycollector?

You will have to excuse me, I am only new to Sideshow Collectibles so I really don't know how things work.

Dealers get wholesale pricing. The incentive to buy non-exclusives direct from Sideshow is the reward point system (a nickel for every dollar spent).

This will be my first SS Exclusive.:yess: But if it forces me to get all the others, I swear I will hunt down the "elites" and beat them with a stick!!:stick

No, sorry it doesn't work that way. If he's in the Ranger regiment he would be wearing a tan beret.

Bro...that ____ was in the cartoons. Sure they're SF, but every SF group have there own distinctive crest. I'm just saying they're two separate units.

Sorry, bro, but this is still GI Joe - and we ARE still talking about toys, right, not real life? ;)

Joes do what they want. They don't even have their own crest... well, unless you count the movie one, which wasn't all that bad, actually.

Far as I'm concerned, Stalker doesn't need any crest on there. His original figure didn't.

Yes, you are correct. My point was not everybody wears the SF pin on their flash.

Ah, right - gotcha. Sometimes I just scan through these discussions and take things out of context!

Anyway, yeah... who cares about the beret. Looks good to me.

And I think I've decided that I will display him with the sweater after all. It really looks great...

Ah, right - gotcha. Sometimes I just scan through these discussions and take things out of context!

Anyway, yeah... who cares about the beret. Looks good to me.

And I think I've decided that I will display him with the sweater after all. It really looks great...

:lecture:lecture:lecture I thought this as well. While it doesn't separate him much from Beachhead, the sweater makes Stalker.

I got the ex but not sure I will display him wearing the sweater. I like the sweater but like the look without it better. Though I reserve the right to change my mind at any time. :lol

Where did you get that?
If ist June and after, thats a long ass wait for the next joe :(

Check out the date for flexpay for Stalker. For Dusty the last payment is in June. and Last payment for Stalker is July but who knows they might come out earlier like the red ninja.

Joes do what they want. They don't even have their own crest... well, unless you count the movie one, which wasn't all that bad, actually.

Far as I'm concerned, Stalker doesn't need any crest on there. His original figure didn't.
While I disagree with some of their decisions (e.g., Firefly), in general, I think Sideshow has found a nice middle ground between being faithful to the toys/comics/cartoon and giving them a more "modern military" touch.

This is a children's toy line revisited for those of us old enough to be nostalgic for it. They are necessarily going to be taking liberties with the nuances of the real world.

Back