1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
08b387fc54f58c3d67f652b37d984800.jpg

0a9df3d98dda2503b583a616f045ca5e.jpg

5e713b72aac39e69f06ffa14e0f7cbd5.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

08b387fc54f58c3d67f652b37d984800.jpg

0a9df3d98dda2503b583a616f045ca5e.jpg

5e713b72aac39e69f06ffa14e0f7cbd5.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yeah we should not sugar coat this release, it's just plain bad. The only reason it looks better than awful with the Endor gear is the hat deletes the hair and shades the face. People like to say the Snowspeeder Luke is a great figure, and it is. But it's a similar deal where the sculpt works well enough when covered by the helmet and visor but the hero head lives in a parts bin because it's substandard.

I was thinking... do we know why they call these deluxe now? Don’t think they did earlier? Or did they? ...I was wondering, since they probably wouldn’t be able to sell background characters for $250 - maybe, just maybe, they are thinking in terms of developing a non-deluxe cheaper line with less accessories and such? That would make them able to produce characters that HT won’t and still be able to sell them... because as it is right now I don’t see anyone producing less popular figures - as the won’t sell for premium prices.
Please don’t laugh at me... [emoji6][emoji28]

I honestly believe SS called this a "deluxe" to trick some people into thinking it's a deluxe HT release. There were several people on this forum who were like "WTF I preordered the other RotJ figure and now they release a deluxe?!" and some people even switched their preorders.

I honestly believe SS called this a "deluxe" to trick some people into thinking it's a deluxe HT release. There were several people on this forum who were like "WTF I preordered the other RotJ figure and now they release a deluxe?!" and some people even switched their preorders.

They call Jabba deluxe as well... so it might be a trend. And when there’re deluxe figures there should be non-deluxe figures as well... but we’ll see.
I don’t really believe the theory of trying to trick people honestly... no one who knows about the deluxe/regular HT figures would be fooled by that and the backlash would not be worth it for them.
And we also shouldn’t forget that these two companies have a partnership even if they’re in some kind of controlled competition. Meaning that SSC cashes in on HT products sold in the us and Europe. So, no I don’t think so. It would make more sense to create a niche for new releases that won’t be made by another company. Regular SSC releases under $200 that would include niche characters... just a theory and wishful thinking of course, but I would think it would be better business than continuing what they’re doing now.

These days, "Deluxe" status is just meant to reflect the figure is either coming with a large accessory or multiple accessories allowing for multiple display options. i miss the days of HT Dx line where you were actually given two bodies and have two distinct figures on display.

Yes I think it looks good.

The belt sucks. Its webbing, but as you mentioned it feels like ribbon. It needs to be thicker.

These were quick pictures, didn't really futz. The poncho seems a bit small, but I think you can achieve some baginess with futzing. I will give it s go when I get home tonight.

The SSC figure seems about 1/4" taller than the HT fig, and also a bit more "solid" so maybe putting it on a smaller body will give the poncho more volume. The SSC heads do seem a bit bigger in scale than the HT head though so there might be a bit of a bobblehead risk with porting it all onto a knockoff slim/narrow but worth a try.

The newer Sideshow bodies are pretty decent but they do seem to be about 10% too big for general figure use.

"Deluxe"? Not a new idea. Watch Mad Men sometime.

I know. And I’m probably wrong. But that said, when you do deluxe, with loads of accessories and extras, there’s room for regulars. One head, one outfit. Like Maul that should have been a $199 figure.
Just think it would be better business for them to make a distinction and it would give us characters that we wouldn’t get if they don’t make room for less expensive releases... a service for the collectors that they used to do. So, when they start introducing the word deluxe... well, then maybe.

Yeah we should not sugar coat this release, it's just plain bad. The only reason it looks better than awful with the Endor gear is the hat deletes the hair and shades the face. People like to say the Snowspeeder Luke is a great figure, and it is. But it's a similar deal where the sculpt works well enough when covered by the helmet and visor but the hero head lives in a parts bin because it's substandard.
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

As I said earlier, I agree the sculpt is better without the hair showing.

20190131_171211.jpg

I do think this looks pretty good.....

20190131_171616.jpg

After messing with the poncho, there is enough to achieve a baggy look. It would probably be easier to get that look while the poncho was wet.

20190131_173909.jpg

What do you think of the boots Chakaman? I just grabbed a pair from TA to have a look but they seem a bit simplistic and slightly bulky sculpt-wise (they actually remind me of the later hasbro boots, which are decent, almost look like early Sideshow boots.) I just prefer sculpted plastic over pleather in general though.

Also, is the Palace pistol any larger on this figure vs the HT one? The HT one seems undersized (as the old SSC one was if I remember correctly) but this new one seems slightly bigger. I grabbed one to take a look anyway. That pistol has been pretty frustrating - the habsro is a nice sculpt but maybe 15% oversized while both the old SSC and new HT ones seem too small. Hopefully this one is the goldilocks size.

Is the blaster the same as the one that came w the original V1 ? Or same as the hot toys version

What do you think of the boots Chakaman? I just grabbed a pair from TA to have a look but they seem a bit simplistic and slightly bulky sculpt-wise (they actually remind me of the later hasbro boots, which are decent, almost look like early Sideshow boots.) I just prefer sculpted plastic over pleather in general though.

Also, is the Palace pistol any larger on this figure vs the HT one? The HT one seems undersized (as the old SSC one was if I remember correctly) but this new one seems slightly bigger. I grabbed one to take a look anyway. That pistol has been pretty frustrating - the habsro is a nice sculpt but maybe 15% oversized while both the old SSC and new HT ones seem too small. Hopefully this one is the goldilocks size.

I like the boots. The feet are plastic, leggings are leather. I do like the all leather ones better though. They are not as bulky as the v1 Sideshow ones. They are simple, but they look good enough.

Is the blaster the same as the one that came w the original V1 ? Or same as the hot toys version

I never did get the v1 exclusive blaster. This one is different than Hot Toys. It's a tad bigger. Sideshow top, Hot Toys bottom...

20190131_180516.jpg

Last edited:
Even the Sideshow pistol looks like it was sculpted with a butter knife.

Usually SS weapons look comparable and even better than Hot Toys in some cases but this one looks rough.

Great shots and comments, Chakaman....the poncho looks better bagged up a bit and yes, once again the hair is killing an okay sculpt.

Back