SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes its a tight fit, the belt could wiggle and stretch around a bit better but I was in a rush getting it all pulled back together. I took out the padding and santa clause undergarments as well. The pic I showed was a full DX07 overhaul.

1xgvQo0.jpg

I have a question. I missed this figurd because they sold all 10 of them. Lol I wanted to ask if anybody knows is the x wing luke helmet and this version the same helmet, just glued together. Im thinking I can get the x wing luke and weather it to look like this one and some how get a custom jacket and the boots and the gloves......man hot toys better make one of these soon.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I have a question. I missed this figurd because they sold all 10 of them. Lol I wanted to ask if anybody knows is the x wing luke helmet and this version the same helmet, just glued together. Im thinking I can get the x wing luke and weather it to look like this one and some how get a custom jacket and the boots and the gloves......man hot toys better make one of these soon.

Yes, helmet same but glued together. However, the weathering on the Snowspeeder version is a bit better and the color of the Rebel insignia more accurate color (the X-wing Luke version has an even spray of weathering that is pretty weak/unconvincing, and the emblems are a paler red as opposed to the revised plum-red.) The Snowspeeder helmet is still not fully accurate, and the weathering still isn't what it should be, but it looks noticeably better than the X-wing version.

Yes, helmet same but glued together. However, the weathering on the Snowspeeder version is a bit better and the color of the Rebel insignia more accurate color (the X-wing Luke version has an even spray of weathering that is pretty weak/unconvincing, and the emblems are a paler red as opposed to the revised plum-red.) The Snowspeeder helmet is still not fully accurate, and the weathering still isn't what it should be, but it looks noticeably better than the X-wing version.
Thanks talibane

Got mine today in France, damn that figure is breathtaking. Very expensive, no grapple gun and the unhelmeted sculpt's likeness is off, but the outfit and gear are awesome. I don't regret buying this, with the X-Wing it's my favorite outfit from SW ever.

Took the leg strap from my battle damaged HT Bespin Luke and added it to this holster......

IMG_1529.JPG IMG_1530.jpg

Great pics TK - this is really my favorite fig of the past several years. Honestly, it blows everything else away on the shelf.

The unhelmeted is just-okay and there are things I would have liked to have seen fixed, but the outfit is a 10/10 and the helmeted head looks terrific - love the "very-Luke" slightly open mouth.

I'm doing up a Dagobah arrival version of this fig - will post pics.

Nice pic. It photographs great. I've saved a couple of hi-res pics that someone (not sure if it was you) posted maybe a month ago.

After my bogus Tali-ban :)slap) I looked back over this thread and couldn't believe the mocking the fig got. Though underneath it did seem to be frustration - people who wanted the fig but couldn't get it because it was sold-out before release.

Interesting to see if a V2 release gets a better response.

Yeah I think there was a lot of sour grapes. I was pretty annoyed it sold out before we could see how it turned out in hand. I, like many I guess, was hoping the kind of discounts Red Five saw would make the price more palatable. But in the end I paid full price from Popcultcha thinking I paid just as much for the Exclusive Ash Williams and will pay just as much for Harely Quinn (delivery from SS to AU really jacks the price, although not as badly as for our EU friends who get hit higher taxes as well) and this is a much more beloved figure from a film very dear to me. HT RotJ Luke looks great (as does Bespin) but this outfit just blows the others away and the helmet sculpt paint job is just as good as any HT. Maybe better than some. Popcultcha still have some and if contacted they will set up a payment plan so anyone on the fence should bite while they can in my opinion.

I want to build a custom base for this one, similar to what he's on in the picture. If it works then I can build some more for my Hoth Collection. But I have zero talent in this regard so not sure how it will work out :lol

Great pics, love the snow base. I got retail version, and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. It's my first SS figure. I'm not sold on the unhelmeted head but the rest is brilliant. But I'd appreciate some advice - if I want to buy ungloved hands (pistol and lightsaber grips), where the heck do i get them from? Do HT hands fit SS? Do the older SS Rebel Hero hands fit the newer SS figures?

You should be able to just use hot toys hands and put them on the pegs for some of the other gloves. Give it a try if you have some spare hands.

Nice pic. It photographs great. I've saved a couple of hi-res pics that someone (not sure if it was you) posted maybe a month ago.

After my bogus Tali-ban :)slap) I looked back over this thread and couldn't believe the mocking the fig got. Though underneath it did seem to be frustration - people who wanted the fig but couldn't get it because it was sold-out before release.

I agree. This figure is my favourite figure by a fair margin. The tailoring on the flight jacket is superb and as is said with a lot of other figures, screen pics really don't convey how good it looks in hand. Even the "pro" pics that I've seen don't catch the slight weathering on the outfit or the realism of the helmeted sculpt, which in my eyes is an excellent depiction of Hamill in ESB. I look at and alter the pose of him literally on a daily basis.

Yeah the ones that slammed the figure seem to be only if they didn't own it. Pretty much everyone who got this figure has great things to say about it. Really a nice job by Sideshow here.

:dunno, It's a nice looking figure but has several problems. The price is ridiculous, it's clearly oversized, paint on the sculpt is poor, the paint and weathering on the helmet is not well done, it's missing the grapple gun, and lots of folks replaced the belt because they felt it was subpar to name a few. In other words it's a sideshow figure.

If it retailed for around $220 like it should have I probably would still have bought it with a coupon, but I already have the x wing figure which is about the same look minus the jacket and belt. I love the snowspeeder costume but this wasn't too difficult for me to pass on all things considered. Maybe HT will make one in the next few years.

Back