SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D9B9A70B-61A1-4D9D-8151-4FBA9186BAAE.jpg
83A7E8E4-9108-4F03-B501-5FC7F1B0C80E.jpg
00320633-0708-4916-A7F2-40A7764BAF95.jpg

One thing I notice with a few photos of this guy is the ‘Michelin Man’ appearance that comes from unfutzed shoulders.

They create a broad curve where the jacket — puffy though it is — should follow the shoulders and display a little more angularity.

Working the shoulders carefully back and forth, while gently shifting and pinching the jacket around the traps and shoulders, should make it appear less rounded and more natural, IMO.

70a6c8377615efbc24c35b7930b895b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light and effects are a little too harsh to flatter his face here, but I like the costume in this shot.

I’m a huge Hot Toys fan but I have to give Top Star Wars figure to Sideshow. Who knew?

2f0223ae53fc25e2bbbde6153a0eece5.jpg

Light and effects are a little too harsh to flatter his face here, but I like the costume in this shot.

I’m a huge Hot Toys fan but I have to give Top Star Wars figure to Sideshow. Who knew?

2f0223ae53fc25e2bbbde6153a0eece5.jpg

Nice shots and I completely agree with you. This figure is near perfect in appearance IMO. Sideshow really out did themselves with this one, especially with the soft goods. I don’t think Hot Toys would have bettered this figure had they of taken this one on.

Yeah, I have almost 100 figs and I would have to say this is still my favorite of all of them.

BHu7Cj6.jpg

Still kicking myself for missing this guy. I didn't order him on release and missed out. A few months later my local comic shop here in Ireland got one in stock and were looking for $330 for it.
I decided to think about it for a day or two.
The next day my wife went into labour and our 2nd boy was born (my two boys are Luke and Han).
By the time I got to the comic store, about 4 days later, he was sold.
Moral of the story is don't have kids, they make you miss out on grail pieces!
I'm only joking...or am I?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Still kicking myself for missing this guy. I didn't order him on release and missed out. A few months later my local comic shop here in Ireland got one in stock and were looking for $330 for it.
I decided to think about it for a day or two.
The next day my wife went into labour and our 2nd boy was born (my two boys are Luke and Han).
By the time I got to the comic store, about 4 days later, he was sold.
Moral of the story is don't have kids, they make you miss out on grail pieces!
I'm only joking...or am I?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

LOL!! At least you got your own “Custom” Luke. :)

Yeah, I have almost 100 figs and I would have to say this is still my favorite of all of them.

[...]

I *did* pass the first time because I was so scandalized by the price. Have to say I’m glad I flipped my position on this one.

This is my favourite Star Wars piece; there are a couple of grail pieces I own from other properties that I would keep over this one, but man it would *hurt*.

How many of these did they even make, like 100?? You just don’t see them up for sale.

Part of it may be that a lot of people see no reason to part with it.

- No idea if it will ever be re-issued.
- No idea when Hot Toys will take a crack at it or if it’ll be as good.
- Great figure from one of the best set pieces in what is commonly thought to be the best Star Wars film.
- Paint could be better, but helmet-on it’s arguably the best Skywalker likeness along with DX07 BD.

It’s even better than helmet-on X-Wing Luke, IMO.

If I could do it again, I’d have bought 2 — LOL — 1 to mod, 1 to keep stock.

Smooth move, Talibane.

This figure galls me every time I see it. I guess I should unsubscribe from this thread. Lol. It was shamefully overpriced at the time and did not say limited edition, so I “came to my senses” and decided it would be the first Sideshow Star Wars figure that I would not pre-order since every other one I had pre-ordered ended up in the bargain bin. That sure didn’t work out. Meanwhile they keep reissuing Probe Droids, and they must have made enough Jawas for every man, woman, and child on earth!

Back