SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whaaat? Don't tell me you're too young to remember watching "The Fued"!
C'mon man!

Although the paint jobs seem to have peaked with the DX07. Pixelpiper mentioned that the farm boy Luke paint was inferior and when you compare them that's absolutely right. That's slightly scary that HT did a better paint job on a Luke three years ago.

I agree..but what was up with DX Lukes pupil doll eyes?

The UK price from the cheaper dealers is £240/245 which is $341 at today's exchange rate.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I nearly bought XWing Luke but this is much better so I ordered one. Yeah the price sucks but what can you do. can't have a Star Wars display without an orange suited Luke.

I don't know if anybody said this before but you can't take off the helmet on this one, I asked a SSC sales rep. So that means no HT headswap option for this one. That might be the nail in the coffin for me because $270 + a parted X-Wing helmet will be over $300 for a barebones sideshow figure. Thats more than what I payed for the DX Luke that brought 2 complete figures and then some!

I don't know if anybody said this before but you can't take off the helmet on this one, I asked a SSC sales rep. So that means no HT headswap option for this one. That might be the nail in the coffin for me because $270 + a parted X-Wing helmet will be over $300 for a barebones sideshow figure. Thats more than what I payed for the DX Luke that brought 2 complete figures and then some!

With leftover parts, I got THREE figures out of my Hoth Luke purchase (regular, BD Hoth using Hasbro parts, Bespin Luke using extra HT clothes/parts) and TWO out of my Hoth Han (Hoth Han, Bespin Han.)

This release has a pretty decent (wait for in-hand pics obviously) extra head that will be useful in the same way.

And besides, I think everyone was in agreement that the SSC Luke X head looks great under the helmet, really no need for a HT head swap - the exposed head's a different story obviously.

I'd much rather have a helmeted and un-helmeted head than just a loose head with splitting helmet. It ups the value on the set a lot to me.

Got no problem with a helmeted-head only. I don't think I'd ever pose him without it. That is, if I ever get this -- I'd like to, but waiting for in-hand pics on this one.

I think you guys covered most of the bases. This figure should be fine under the helmet and look best that way.

I guess the only issue becomes for anyone who wants to display the figure holding the helmet, and I guess for that reason it's a bit of a shame. I was thinking we'd get a version of the head with the cowl that the helmet fit over.

What did they do all that work creating the clamshell helmet for if they're already ditching it?

Well if it's as much of f a pain in the a$$ as swapping Jango head back and forth something might go wrong and break! I'd rather be able to just slide the helmet on and off with an extra hair piece. Popping a whole helmeted head on and off could be disastrous.

I think you guys covered most of the bases. This figure should be fine under the helmet and look best that way.

I guess the only issue becomes for anyone who wants to display the figure holding the helmet, and I guess for that reason it's a bit of a shame. I was thinking we'd get a version of the head with the cowl that the helmet fit over.

What did they do all that work creating the clamshell helmet for if they're already ditching it?

Yeah, it is a bit odd, but the clamshell is a bit of a pain to pull apart and re-close. I always feel like something's going to break (goggles or strap usually.)

This is stunningly expensive yet looks very nice (this is probably one of the best looking - and best outfit/character combo - SSC has done in many years) - but as Wor-gar says, as with anything SSC, this is a wait-for-in-hand-pics-before-spending-even-a-dollar.

Pay $270 and ending up with an eskimo Luke head (or just plain weird apps like the Luke X head) might lead to collectors assembling outside Sideshow with flaming torches.:lol

Is the clamshell that different from the Jedi training helmet in how it separates?

Anyway, just seemed like something they were proud of and there was some feeling that that the R&D was part of the high cost since there was only the one sculpt for the X-wing figure.

I'm still shocked with this release so soon. I would have grabbed the x-wing figure within a couple months since I find the Farmboy look a little boring, but the snowspeeder outfit is always going to trump x-wing.

Is the clamshell that different from the Jedi training helmet in how it separates?

Anyway, just seemed like something they were proud of and there was some feeling that that the R&D was part of the high cost since there was only the one sculpt for the X-wing figure.

I'm still shocked with this release so soon. I would have grabbed the x-wing figure within a couple months since I find the Farmboy look a little boring, but the snowspeeder outfit is always going to trump x-wing.

I just realized I've never even touched my HT training helmet - still in the box.:slap Need to break some of those accessories out - need the stormie belt/blaster for Luke to display with Leia.

And yeah talk about shooting yourself in the foot with this release - it probably means Luke X will indeed be discounted a lot further down the track. I wonder how well it sold at that $240 pricepoint.

I just realized I've never even touched my HT training helmet - still in the box.:slap Need to break some of those accessories out - need the stormie belt/blaster for Luke to display with Leia.

And yeah talk about shooting yourself in the foot with this release - it probably means Luke X will indeed be discounted a lot further down the track. I wonder how well it sold at that $240 pricepoint.

it`s still up on the website. I might get the x-wing luke figure sometime soon don't know when yet

Got no problem with a helmeted-head only. I don't think I'd ever pose him without it. That is, if I ever get this -- I'd like to, but waiting for in-hand pics on this one.

I've called this version of Luke a grail-piece for a while, but I'm also nowhere near convinced. I have no problem waiting to see what the production piece looks like. Price creep hasn't bothered me in the past but there does come a time where I say wait-what?

Back