SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What body do you have it on? That is the Sideshow outfit, yes? At all actually looks proper scale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely pictures. One of my absolute favorites.
5a4649dc203f636ab30801d876232aa7.jpg

d0e9f34a56e9c103014977ac5c3cdd7e.jpg

Just wish this guy wasn't so tall, he's as tall as Han. That's really the only thing holding me back from getting him. The scale is off

What body do you have it on? That is the Sideshow outfit, yes? At all actually looks proper scale

Body is an old franken-body of a couple of different bodies. Shirt and jacket from the Hoth Han (zipper removed, slightly re-tailored as its a bit oversized) and pants from the Medi/Enterbay ROTJ Han and I believe it's an older SSC holster. Boots are modded DID pleather.

What's funny is that is actually done quickly as a background Han trenchcoat, but when I got Leia Hoth I wanted to try a temporary ESB pairing until the HT Han Bespin is released, so I threw on the ESB gear, but haven't really futzed it much at all (eg haven't padded the legs yet.) I just kind of left it as-is.

I think it's more that it's such an iconic Han/Leia moment that's really cool to see in 1/6 and you don't notice the shortcomings in the Han fig.

Just wish this guy wasn't so tall, he's as tall as Han. That's really the only thing holding me back from getting him. The scale is off

It's a fairly straight forward body swap.

People have no issue with HT Vaders that are an inch too tall or R2's that are 1/2" too short.:dunno

The Luke Snowspeeder is a bit over 1/8" too tall, which is about the same as the HT ANH Leia is too tall.

Body is an old franken-body of a couple of different bodies. Shirt and jacket from the Hoth Han (zipper removed, slightly re-tailored as its a bit oversized) and pants from the Medi/Enterbay ROTJ Han and I believe it's an older SSC holster. Boots are modded DID pleather.

What's funny is that is actually done quickly as a background Han trenchcoat, but when I got Leia Hoth I wanted to try a temporary ESB pairing until the HT Han Bespin is released, so I threw on the ESB gear, but haven't really futzed it much at all (eg haven't padded the legs yet.) I just kind of left it as-is.

I think it's more that it's such an iconic Han/Leia moment that's really cool to see in 1/6 and you don't notice the shortcomings in the Han fig.

It works, best representation yet that I’ve seen.
Hot Toys Bespin Han seems to be the next figure in line for ESB, but with my luck, they will make a Lobot figure first ...

It's a fairly straight forward body swap.

People have no issue with HT Vaders that are an inch too tall or R2's that are 1/2" too short.:dunno

The Luke Snowspeeder is a bit over 1/8" too tall, which is about the same as the HT ANH Leia is too tall.

It works, best representation yet that I’ve seen.
Hot Toys Bespin Han seems to be the next figure in line for ESB, but with my luck, they will make a Lobot figure first ...

Someone was selling the complete Bespin Han Sideshow clothes with belt, holster, gun, boots etc and what looked like a ANH headsculpt for £40 on a FB group. I clicked on it around 15 seconds after they posted it and someone managed to get in before me. Looks like I’ll be waiting a bit longer for the HT version.

So. I passed aggressively (LOL) on this figure upon first release -- the price just bugged me, and I had no faith in SSC's quality and paint apps.

I recently had an opportunity to acquire one from another collector and took it -- the figure I would never buy wound up in my collection.

I haven't even bothered pulling the alternate head-sculpt out of the box to look at it. As for the rest of the figure:

I find the helmet is better than X-Wing Luke's ... colours are more accurate, and even though the weathering feels typically heavy-handed and uniform/low-resolution by SSC, it's still better and less stippled looking than on the X-Wing release, IMO.

The likeness with visor down is just fine, and displayed this way, any lack of depth in paint relative to HT becomes a non-issue.

Tailoring is most impressive. I can't see how HT would improve on it, particularly the flight jacket.

I don't love the SSC body, but it doesn't bug me enough (nor does the slight extra height) to swap it. At least not yet. :lol

I really like it, more so than the X-Wing release and it looks great on the shelf. It takes some futzing to get things to sit right and work with the proportions and movement of whatever SSC has under there (Prometheus?) but it poses up well.

The pricing and apparently small production run still mystifies me. Had SSC made more at a moderately lower price I'm sure it would've sold through in greater numbers.

So. I passed aggressively (LOL) on this figure upon first release -- the price just bugged me, and I had no faith in SSC's quality and paint apps.

I recently had an opportunity to acquire one from another collector and took it -- the figure I would never buy wound up in my collection.

I haven't even bothered pulling the alternate head-sculpt out of the box to look at it. As for the rest of the figure:

I find the helmet is better than X-Wing Luke's ... colours are more accurate, and even though the weathering feels typically heavy-handed and uniform/low-resolution by SSC, it's still better and less stippled looking than on the X-Wing release, IMO.

The likeness with visor down is just fine, and displayed this way, any lack of depth in paint relative to HT becomes a non-issue.

Tailoring is most impressive. I can't see how HT would improve on it, particularly the flight jacket.

I don't love the SSC body, but it doesn't bug me enough (nor does the slight extra height) to swap it. At least not yet. :lol

I really like it, more so than the X-Wing release and it looks great on the shelf. It takes some futzing to get things to sit right and work with the proportions and movement of whatever SSC has under there (Prometheus?) but it poses up well.

The pricing and apparently small production run still mystifies me. Had SSC made more at a moderately lower price I'm sure it would've sold through in greater numbers.

yep felt the same way. how much did you get it for was under retail? I love this figure I never got the X-wing version but at least I got one version of him in his flight suit and I picked the right version.

It is really surprising they haven’t done another run yet the Jawas, R2 and the excellent Probe Droid seem to be on an endless production run.

yep felt the same way. how much did you get it for was under retail? I love this figure I never got the X-wing version but at least I got one version of him in his flight suit and I picked the right version.

I did some cash and partial trade for a bunch of parts -- if I'd had the patience to sell off all the 1/6 parts I had kicking around individually, I may have done better, so adding it all up I probably paid full retail price -- but without the hassle of individual parts sales.

That surprises me too - maybe someone can ask them at NYCC?

Yes, that would be interesting to hear what they say to that. But need to chose the right person to ask.

Would also be interesting to find out from SS what else they have planned to go with Jabba. Not that they'll say anything.....

I did some cash and partial trade for a bunch of parts -- if I'd had the patience to sell off all the 1/6 parts I had kicking around individually, I may have done better, so adding it all up I probably paid full retail price -- but without the hassle of individual parts sales.

not to bad of a deal for you. I bought mine last year around Christmas time as popcultcha had there annual Christmas sale going on. it was in stock so I bit and glad I did. I got for $213 thanks to some extra funds I had in my paypal balance and the discount through there sales.

Back