SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why did you want to change the boots. They are soft rubber. Not soft enough?

Best,
m.

I had planned on doing it because of the boots, I also use the DX07 boots, but the overall feeling improved a lot.

Better proportioned, and now holds the poses well without the help of a stand.

IMG_9689.jpg

Hamill, like Fisher, looks noticeably older (or maybe leaner) in the face in ROTJ which I think HT captured pretty well. Maybe with the ESB hairpiece it will click in as the ESB look. It would be great to have a headsculpt that works well for ANH and ESB because the options are so limited.

The Luke Snowspeeder is also a bit tall (and the jacket makes it slightly bulky) so the HT head looks a bit undersized. I wonder if side-by-side the unhelmeted SSC head and the HT ROTJ head are slightly different sizes too. Other than the TOD Indy, SSC heads always seem to run on the large side.

Nice Ton Ton thanks for the pics. Amazing how the scale doesn't really translate. Maybe it's just this head sculpt that makes all bodies look fat [emoji3]

Does anyone have issues with the belt staying on? I have no idea why this thing won't stay on.

I used glue on mine.... terrible quality, so thin... it won't hold the weight of itself, not to talk about the hilt!

Nice Ton Ton thanks for the pics. Amazing how the scale doesn't really translate. Maybe it's just this head sculpt that makes all bodies look fat [emoji3]

:duff Yeah, the scale and hair are both issues. That figure is just huge as Tali said and the helmet kinda needs to be on. Thought about putting the X-wing helmet on for a shot but didn’t want to scratch the sculpt plus see below for my annoyance with dealing with the figure.

Does anyone have issues with the belt staying on? I have no idea why this thing won't stay on.

You have no idea how annoying it is to do anything with this figure — repose, futz, move to a different shelf, look at it — as the belt is always falling off. Oh wait, it appears you do. Glue might be a good option as I couldn’t think of anything less permanent.

With all the HT releases, I'm more hopeful that HT will eventually release this..........do you hear me HT?!!!! take my money damn it!!!!

parrasmaniac,
what do you mean by that? What's the problem with the belt? Should it be substituted? What would be the closest spare? DX07's?
Thanks,
m.

I used glue on mine.... terrible quality, so thin... it won't hold the weight of itself, not to talk about the hilt!

The glue on the DX07 belt is awful so the SSC Hoth Luke belt is probably the best alternative. The belt on my Snowspeeder Luke is fine though.

parrasmaniac,
what do you mean by that? What's the problem with the belt? Should it be substituted? What would be the closest spare? DX07's?
Thanks,
m.

The closest spare would be the belt from the Hoth Luke from Sideshow. The buckle uses Velcro instead of the silly little "peg and hole" they used for the Snowpeeder Pilot. No idea why they didn't just go with the the one they already manufactured. It's thicker, better quality and has the leg strap.

The closest spare would be the belt from the Hoth Luke from Sideshow. The buckle uses Velcro instead of the silly little "peg and hole" they used for the Snowpeeder Pilot. No idea why they didn't just go with the the one they already manufactured. It's thicker, better quality and has the leg strap.

Yeah, it's a constant headscratcher as to why SSC and even HT will redo parts when they already have a pattern/mold that works.

The blaster the Luke Snowspeeder comes with is actually an all-new sculpt, not a reuse of the perfectly fine blaster that came with Luke Hoth. My gunbelt was fone on the Snowspeeder Luke, but the cartridge boxes are oversized. I ended up making a new belt/holster rig for my second Luke Snowspeeder (I've made a couple of those because they cost so much to buy, and the HT one even has errors on it.)

I'm still wondering how it could POSSIBLY be more cost-effective to re-engineer the lightsaber than to include the two hilts (one with blade) as before. I think they punk around with R & D and we end us paying for it. If it ain't broke...

Buying up at IKEA so one of my three :)horror) ESB cabinets is finally coming together - Luke Snowspeeder of course had to be centerpiece for one of the Hoth displays.

gWpiiHl.jpg

That looks great TaliBane. When I get back from camping next Friday I'll have my Probe Droid to pick up from the depot as well as my Deluxe Fett.
Can't wait to add it to the rest of the Hoth figures. I know the tailoring on those Hot Han & Luke figures is pretty good anyway and every time I see them I go looking for used versions but the price on them keeps me waiting for HT versions. I really need those to go with Leia.

Absolutely love your posing for Han and Leia! And I've never been a big fan of that Space Trucker sculpt, but at least from that angle I could almost believe I was looking at a HT Bespin Han.

Back