1/6 SSC Lobo Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just googled lobo 52 version. He looks like he should be in a boy band. If ssc did that version theyd have another green latern revolt.
He is the total opposite of OG Lobo. Seems the writer did not understand the appeal of Lobo and decided to just try and get the Lobo fans to like it just for being named Lobo.

6acd22e002574e8ef978f90ad9038794.jpg

Interesting this comes before The Flash but there is definitely a lot of possibility here.

I was also expecting Flash to be next. Seems weird we got a proto of him two years ago and he's still never went up for order. Shame too, I need a 1/6 Flash in my collection. This announcement caught me completely offguard, but I will definitely be adding Lobo to my collection. I never thought I'd get a 1/6 Lobo, so I'm super happy with this.

26abc396dea7333224e0ef626257dd9e.jpg

Looks very similar to the PF, but the PF sculpting is better in my opinion. Still looks promising. Hoping for the second sculpt as well.

I prefer the 1/6 sculpt, more details in it.

Had and sold the PF. While it was great, took up a lot of room for a character that I am not really that big of a fan of. That said, Lobo at 1/6 makes a lot more sense for my collection. Pretty excited about it. On the fence on Punisher, will grab Deadpool at some point, just waiting on the new PF to be revealed before making that decision, but seems like a character that is more fun at 1/6.

Taking size, sculpt, paint and QC ALL into consideration - the Lobo PF is (for my interests) in the top 5 best pieces Sideshow have EVER delivered.

The only other Sideshow 1/6 I own is their Snake Plissken, bought with reward points to lessen the impact of having to pay out after-the-fact to get it PROPERLY painted and weathered.

It's likely I'll be using reward points on THIS too :)

Why am I sensing Sideshow might mess up the body like they did superman?

The body??? What about the headsculpt, the paint apps, the eye and/or teeth inserts. The cut & sew, the hair sculpt, undersize the weapons, not include the Dawg, charge $300+ for it, etc, etc, etc...

They've got a crap ton of stuff they might get wrong with this guy.

The body??? What about the headsculpt, the paint apps, the eye and/or teeth inserts. The cut & sew, the hair sculpt, undersize the weapons, not include the Dawg, charge $300+ for it, etc, etc, etc...

They've got a crap ton of stuff they might get wrong with this guy.
From what theh have shown I like what i see in that regard. The tailoring on the other figures has been good.

Cool character, but surprising choice on Sidehsow's part. Surprised they wouldn't go with Wonder Woman, (maybe they're afraid it would get overshadowed by HT movie Wonder Woman figure?) or another JL character like Shazam, Aquaman, Cyborg, etc...

Lol. That would have ruined my day.

Can you imagine wanting a 1/6 Main Man Lobo, finaly seeing the announcement of 1/6 scale Lobo and it being that, the worst Lobo version who is not really Lobo but a totally different character who DC just decided to name Lobo instead of making him a new one.

That would have angered me.

Real Lobo :D

omega_men_v-1_03.jpg

If they put him on a regular body they just shot themselves in the foot. All licensing, r&d, artwork goes in the crapper because you cant go out and buy a grey skin toned muscle body. And if you cant swap the body out there almost no point in buying the reg figure.

If they put him on a regular body they just shot themselves in the foot. All licensing, r&d, artwork goes in the crapper because you cant go out and buy a grey skin toned muscle body. And if you cant swap the body out there almost no point in buying the reg figure.
That is my worry as well. They messed up Superman when they could have easily reused the more appropriate Batman body. And now that I think about it, the first Sideshow Batman body is gray underneath, so they just need to add a bit more muscle on his upper body and he would be fine.

Back