SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay...I gotta admit...I was one who panicked when I saw early pictures and contacted SS to cancel. They asked me to give it a chance first and I have to say...he looks A LOT better in person. I'm glad I gave him a chance. Top notch outfit...decent quite as lit accessories. Body is nice and tight. My one big nit... he has THE SOFTEST most pliable hands I have ever seen in a 1/6 figure. Overall...7/10.

FB_IMG_1528945931746.jpg

FB_IMG_1528945943365.jpg

My one big nit... he has THE SOFTEST most pliable hands I have ever seen in a 1/6 figure.
I take it you never owned Snake Plissken. It's hands are very malleable..which works out great. It's easy to get accessories in their hands and they hold on to them just fine.
Not sure why easy to work with hands is a negative thing🤔. Looking forward to my shipped Burton w/the 'CB radio' that I'll be placing in it's very pliable left hand lol.

Again, this figure is much better in Person.It's actually an excellent figure. Natural lighting pics

100_8702.JPG100_8707.JPG100_8704.JPG100_8710.JPG100_8703.JPG

Having seen it in person, I'd respectfully disagree. I found it, at least in terms of the head itself (which is the most important thing to me, personally), decidedly mediocre. At best. Still, again, to each their own. And it's good that some who purchased it are happy with the end product, even if I wasn't.

Some time has passed since I first opened my Jack Burton and
I have to say that I really like the figure a lot. I know there's been
debate about the head sculpt (particularly the mouth) but looking at
it standing there is a whole other story. It really looks like a great
Jack Burton figure and it's only if you look at it up close, do you even
notice any problems at all. That said, I do wonder why they chose this
photo:

Kurt-Russell-as-Jack-Burton-in-Big-Trouble-in-Little-China.jpg

to mainly sculpt the head by. It's true that if you look up photos
of Russell as Jack Burton, he almost always has his mouth parted or
open, but I wonder why they didn't go with something like this.

dcac309721b690e6f3fc13c7d7e777f4.jpg

I guess to give his face more "character" or something, but I wonder
why that choice was made. :wink1:

to mainly sculpt the head by. It's true that if you look up photos
of Russell as Jack Burton, he almost always has his mouth parted or
open, but I wonder why they didn't go with something like this.

I guess to give his face more "character" or something, but I wonder
why that choice was made. :wink1:

The intent of capturing a particular facial expression on a likeness is to capture the essence of that character imo.
Jack Burton is a cocky fellow so they should've gone with something like the smirk in your photo, maybe something even more egotistical looking such as the poster:
Jack Burton 001.jpg

That's Jack Burton to me... it's also Jack Burton to the poster artist Drew Struzan, then again, what does a highly acclaimed artist know. :rolleyes2

Sideshow's version looks confused, just not how I always think of the character. It still looks like a good, albeit overpriced figure to me though.

you're right.
its naturally FUGLY. :lol

still looks like doodoo to me, but im happy for your purchase.

You're just being a TROLL. Looks great in hand and on the shelf. Anybody that's a fan of the film should pick it up.

Can someone please refresh my memory on which customs have been done over the years for Jack? I could have sworn that MOST of them were better than Sideshow. :lol

Back