SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It already does, with the whole non-premium disaster that's happening.
Don't end up like me with my Ghost In the Shell fig. Cancel while you can.

How would you guys feel about pulling sideshow affliliation and just have a low cost yearly membership for all members? It'd weed out a lot of the trolls, advertisers, and very casual members. I know that's a hard barrier, and it might keep a lot of people away that would normally get in the hobby, but it would be a solution for Dave.

Or at the minimum, the premium membership is lowered and that's what lets you access everything. Only read non-'custom' threads, but no posting.

Gonna be honest, I've checked out some of the alternative sites. Always seems to be two things: either they are military replica focused (just not my collection, but appreciate the R&D in them) they either just full of....strange people....like the kind who go for the phicens in lingerie and do 'photoshoots' (there's one gallery that the forum always rolls through here that fits that...some band thing). The latter **** just makes me uncomfortable...and not a lot does that.

SSF really is the most balanced forum for a wide variety of subjects and topics which is why I really hate the idea of a bunch of people leaving. It's the only place a lot of us have to talk about our hobby with like-minded folks and have made a good number of friends, even just in passing.

Wow people actually spending money on this figure. I’d wait til SSC puts him on clearance :lol

I'd be cool with a membership that's lower cost than Premium. I was premium for 2 years and just wasn't able to take advantage of it. I wasn't ready to organize and sell off stuff to help offset the membership cost so I stopped paying it.

But given the choice between a free, Sideshow affiliated, heavily neutered forum or maintaining what we have for a membership fee, I'd always go with the latter.

Don't end up like me with my Ghost In the Shell fig. Cancel while you can.

How would you guys feel about pulling sideshow affliliation and just have a low cost yearly membership for all members? It'd weed out a lot of the trolls, advertisers, and very casual members. I know that's a hard barrier, and it might keep a lot of people away that would normally get in the hobby, but it would be a solution for Dave.

Or at the minimum, the premium membership is lowered and that's what lets you access everything. Only read non-'custom' threads, but no posting.

Gonna be honest, I've checked out some of the alternative sites. Always seems to be two things: either they are military replica focused (just not my collection, but appreciate the R&D in them) they either just full of....strange people....like the kind who go for the phicens in lingerie and do 'photoshoots' (there's one gallery that the forum always rolls through here that fits that...some band thing). The latter **** just makes me uncomfortable...and not a lot does that.

SSF really is the most balanced forum for a wide variety of subjects and topics which is why I really hate the idea of a bunch of people leaving. It's the only place a lot of us have to talk about our hobby with like-minded folks and have made a good number of friends, even just in passing.

Don't despair! Those shots are flash & close up, your actual eyes don't light up & can't zoom. This will probably look good in hand, seen this too often. I'm too damn old for this $#!7! lol

Mines on the way as well. Either I’ll be fixing he head or shelling out the money for someone else to, but we’re never seeing Jack again, and if this is the quality, I’d prefer a third party make Lo Pan or 3 Storms instead, not like SS would make them anyway.

This is definitely my favorite 1/6 site. I’m more than happy to keep paying for premium membership so this place never changes.

I can't believe that people still use horrible, blown-out, over-exposed "pics" to judge a figure. And it never fails. Good figure or Bad, the first people to receive them always have the worst camera/futzing/posing skills in the entire 1/6 community.

Mines arrived today. A bit disappointed in the head sculpt. Profile is accurate but it is the eyes and cheek area that is the issue. It's too sunken in. From my perspective there's only one angle that works. Straight on it looks nothing like him.

Rest of the figure is good though.

Pics please.

I'm not the best photographer and not particularly happy with photos I have taken therefore I don't want the critique to be of the photos and not the figure. What I will say is that the earlier photos on here make it look a lot worse than it is - those photos are bad.

In the right pose it looks brilliant (face needs to be at an angle and not looking straight on) but when it is front on it shows the real issues and that is why I am a bit disappointed ... the rest of the figure is really good. Artwork on the box is really nice.

Horrible cell phone pics:

GF2zN4q.jpg

NNzgJs8.jpg

Let’s get some pics! I have to wait till Friday to get mine in hand.
Edit: it’s really just the paint job that looks bad. The head itself in those two pics look pretty decent. Sliver of hope.

Edit: it’s really just the paint job that looks bad. The head itself in those two pics look pretty decent. Sliver of hope.

It’s a bit on the pale side, and they used a very bright shade of pink for the inner mouth, but it’s honestly pretty cool, and, as so many others have said, the best we’ll probably ever get mass produced.

They really should’ve included an additional headsculpt. Y’know, like they used to do lol. I really like the ‘buffoon’ expression (that is central to the Jack Burton character - and to Kurt Russell, as well), but I’d also really have liked a somewhat neutral expression in addition.

I agree. The more I look at mines, its the paint app that is mostly the issue. The tongue is too glossy and pink too.

I really don't understand why they went with this expression over the one on the poster. I mean, doesn't everyone want to pose him with the gun in one hand and a broken CB in the other? For that matter, why didn't they include the broken CB?

Mine arrived and I really don't think he's all that bad. The photos I've seen in this thread make the head look much larger than it is but I haven't removed his jacket yet (remember: posing him the way he looks on the poster) so perhaps the jacket adds enough bulk to make the head look proportional? Dunno. I agree that the tongue is too bright which makes it look like he's wearing lipstick depending on the angle you view him at.

Sorry I couldn't take more pics, but I'm at work and my boss is in town so I have to be seen doing work while at work rather than playing with my dolls. :)

20180611_141851.jpg

Isn't it supposed to be harder to knock off heads with open mouths? Maybe SS couldn't even go from proto to manufacture because of it haha.

Back