SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you don't think molecule8 will be making Jack? Seems they have the intention. A KA Kim Burton sculpt would surely top this one.

Will she also be doing their Ghostbusters figures having just made them for Blitzway? Rhetorical question, I'm confused. :confused:

Molecule 8's page states that they "specialize" in 1/6 scale and 1/4 scale...my guess is that their Ghostbusters and BTILC figures may be 1/4 scale. However, Sony had no trouble granting Ghostbusters 1/6 licenses to Blitzway AND Soldier Story so who knows...it would not surprise me if Molecule 8 also released a 1/6 scale Jack Burton with maybe some other characters too...a hungry new company with this licenses and the best sculptor in 1/6 scale figures in their payroll may be getting ready to do something really amazing with Big Trouble in Little China...

Yessir, the NRD is in the mail :yess:

At risk of sounding like a 'sideshow apologist', I think people are missing a huge factor when complaining about the price. Any figure based on an 80s movie with an actors face will be more expensive than a similarly accessorized contemporary movie figure because they are truly more expensive to license.

These days when you buy a movie license the characters with their faces are included. Back 80s, actors retained the rights to their own faces on merch separate from the main license. Now anyone doing an 80s figure with an actor face has to buy the movie license to do the character PLUS buy the likeness rights to include the actual actor's face. (If you recall, Hot Toys had the aliens License with the characters, but not actors likeness rights when they did the Aliens figures).

Those extra costs show in our prices. Any talk trying to comparing a figure with a real 80s actor likeness to figures of faceless troops, creature figures, movie monsters with unrecognizable actor faces, video game characters, artistically stylized faces (looking at you ThreeA and DAM gangster kingdom) or figures based on movies this decade are not apples-to-apples comparisons. Those actor-free faces and contemporary figures truly are cheaper to make.

The reason so few companies tackle our 'vintage' icons is rarely that they "don't care". The hard fact is it is more work, more expensive and therefore a bigger risk.

If you want to complain about quality as it relates to your dollar, I am not arguing with you. Sideshow earned the right to have you doubt them. I am just saying the extra cost to get our icons made is a real thing, not just corporate greed.

I'm not sure if that's true. Then why would Plissken be so inexpensive and chock full of accessories? SS claimed that Disney's new high price for the Star Wars licence was the reason why all of their new SW offerings were jacked up; but then HT shows that a better quality figure of the same franchise can be offered for less.

I think what it boils down to is SS suffers from being an American based company. They just can't produce as cheaply and efficiently as HT, and to add to that can't find a factory that can deliver that HT quality. Owning the factories and cranking out 15000-30000 pieces of a figure as HT does will make overhead a boatload cheaper.

But from a quality standpoint, maybe there was a factory change by SS because it seems like their last few figures are finally stepping up the ladder

Yessir, the NRD is in the mail :yess:

I'm not sure if that's true. Then why would Plissken be so inexpensive and chock full of accessories? SS claimed that Disney's new high price for the Star Wars licence was the reason why all of their new SW offerings were jacked up; but then HT shows that a better quality figure of the same franchise can be offered for less.

I think what it boils down to is SS suffers from being an American based company. They just can't produce as cheaply and efficiently as HT, and to add to that can't find a factory that can deliver that HT quality. Owning the factories and cranking out 15000-30000 pieces of a figure as HT does will make overhead a boatload cheaper.

But from a quality standpoint, maybe there was a factory change by SS because it seems like their last few figures are finally stepping up the ladder

It's because Snake only had one eye. All the others have two. Eyes are expensive.

What's up with this Molecule 8? First time I'm hearing of them. Their site has zero information. Is there anything else to see on them aside from that chart of the licences they're holding?

It's because Snake only had one eye. All the others have two. Eyes are expensive.

Ah, makes perfect sense :lol. Conundrum solved

Back