SSC Indy PF vs CM Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with Dave - while the CMQ is no where near Trev's magnificent sculpt - the production piece is 1000x better than the proto.
Also, I do dig the 'real skin and hair'. If SSC could swing that on their PF's I'd be in heaven.

SDC_6873.JPG

Besides the weak sculpt, the CM piece is better in every way. The costuming, the skin texture, the hair.....everything is better than sideshow's. But the PF is great for the price.:D

Besides the weak sculpt, the CM piece is better in every way. The costuming, the skin texture, the hair.....everything is better than sideshow's. But the PF is great for the price.:D

Im not sure about that - the jacket on the PF looks spot on compared to the CMQ

My comment was more about the issues with products most of us have been having lately like the Subject 805 turning green instead of how he looked in the proto or the Stealth IM coming in battle damaged.

Usually paint is fine on a PF minus a few spots or imperfections. That's a good thing. :D

Well, then that's not how the comment comes across though honestly 805 is freaking awesome.

The CM's shirt buttons are a bit large and the hat and hat band are off color and the hat sculpt itself is off. The PF is much better on both of those fronts. Even the 1/6 Indy has a better, more accurate hat sculpt & color than the CM.

Also as pointed out the CM jacket is not dark enough. Ultimately we'll need more pics to determine who's costuming is indeed better.

I do agree that the CM does the skin and hair well.

Dave, I remember some of us huddled together in front of the CM display case at SDCC and were amazed at the skin textures, intricacy of costumes, etc. I myself really only liked the Godfather and Jack Sparrow (and did some more whining about Aragorn), feeling that the Indy looked just a tad dark and unfriendly in the face. Now that they've lightened him up a bit facially, you're probably gonna go ahead with CM Indy since your Aragorn really needs a companion piece. :D

BTW guys ...those pics from Toyfair aren't very good in showing how good he is overall...the flash really washes him out. One of the very attractive things about the CM pieces is the skin texture....kinda scary how near true-to-life it is. (but given the choice of only one, SS's PF with no second thought)

Back