SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures from board members do make this figure seem better. I just have a tough time accepting Sideshow's lousy job on a figure that had a lot more potential.

Banking on the fact "Its Cobra Commander! Of course people will buy and pay whatever we ask."

Teemu, pics look great!
Also, big thumbs up to you for sticking with what you believe to be good in all that Sideshow puts out in the Joe line.

Not that I have anything against Teemu I agree with a lot of what he has to say. But he wasn't always like that he's been quite the naysayer too at times. Not until Sideshow gave him a free figure once. Then his opinions miraculously changed. :wave :lol

Missed monkey depot yesterday & still no parts up on ebay... anywhere else I can try?
All I need is gauntlets & possibly claw hands!!!

Missed monkey depot yesterday & still no parts up on ebay... anywhere else I can try?
All I need is gauntlets & possibly claw hands!!!

Patience, Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot will part this out again sometime in the future. Cotswold and World of One Sixth may also part this one out as well.
I wanted the gloves and gauntlets (really glove tops) too, but wasn't fast enough on either website so I'm waiting right along with you.

I missed on both by seconds... in cart then sold out by the time id processed the order!
Is it weird the only stuff on ebay so far is toy anxietys left overs?

Not that I have anything against Teemu I agree with a lot of what he has to say. But he wasn't always like that he's been quite the naysayer too at times. Not until Sideshow gave him a free figure once. Then his opinions miraculously changed. :wave :lol

:lol come on now! I never *****ed and complained about the Sideshow Joes like some people do! Besides, Most,if not all I ever did say was Sideshow is very slow at making these figures and the wait time from reveal to pre-order to actually in-hand stunk.That was always my biggest complaint...not the actual figures themselves.As far as getting a FREE figure,I got lucky like everyone else! Sideshow is constantly giving away stuff and running giveaway contests,So I guess those people are kissing Sideshow's butt too? :)

Besides,IMO Sideshow's Joe's have gotten better since the first few they did (starting with Duke) and just about everyone they have done has been great! and I can't wait to put Sideshow's Destro on my shelf :)

Got mine today, really a pretty sharp looking commander, heres a few quick shots I took right after I opened him

cobracommander003_zps718b14b3.jpg

cobracommander004_zps02554664.jpg

cobracommander005_zps508899cd.jpg

yep it was a giveaway! and Matt bischof told me who the next 5 figures are too! :lol

other board members got FREE figures too :dunno
--

The only free things I received from Sideshow over the years was a t-shirt, yearly calendars, catalog with DVD, a couple of gift cards, and a HOT TOYS mini-figure.

Glad I got the parts I needed from Monkey Depot. I'll have a better CC for about half the price of Sideshow's and a more accurate bashed together Cobra Viper/Trooper helmet.

Thanks Ryan, glad to have him, never got around to opening my first version, not going to now LOL!

Wow you never opened the first version? I couldn't possibly not open something new haha! You going to make a review for Cobra? I was thinking of picking him up. But I think Baroness would come before him thought I don't know I can't decide since Hot Toys Roadblock will be out soon too. Decisions decisions.

Wow you never opened the first version? I couldn't possibly not open something new haha! You going to make a review for Cobra? I was thinking of picking him up. But I think Baroness would come before him thought I don't know I can't decide since Hot Toys Roadblock will be out soon too. Decisions decisions.

I know, I do that from time to time, I got a pretty nice size collection of MIB figures, now a days I reserve that for ultimate favorites, not everyday figures. I have all the same figures as you in mind, had to cancel baroness, bad timing, still may pick her up at some point, road block is on PO too. As for the youtube review, yeah I'm pretty sure I will, I was going to today but never got around to it.

I know, I do that from time to time, I got a pretty nice size collection of MIB figures, now a days I reserve that for ultimate favorites, not everyday figures. I have all the same figures as you in mind, had to cancel baroness, bad timing, still may pick her up at some point, road block is on PO too. As for the youtube review, yeah I'm pretty sure I will, I was going to today but never got around to it.

Ah well for me I couldn't possibly keep a figure new in the box. I would want to open it. Yeah January has been a crazy month of releases. Vader released and seems February will be another crazy month. Hopefully can get Robocop and Grievous. I had to cancel a bunch of orders to schedule out for the year. Keep the orders I really want. Pretty picky. But Roadblock I want to get. Had him on order a while back but cancelled to wait and see how he came out. Now want him to go with my Snake Eyes.

Back