SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because that's exactly what happened with the first Snake Eyes. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

I Would have loved to grab the old snake eyes cheap. I got the new snake eyes coming but still need to pick up sideshows version before its too late. I like the old Cobra commander but this one is cool too. I collect too many differnt lines and will be happy with this one ,but can see maybe picking up the old one also. The joe line up is getting good with rock n roll ,zartan last year and its getting realy hard to ignore this line up......

Re: SS Facebook announcement G.I. JOE: Helmeted Cobra Commander

20121101_174049.jpg

Overall, I think it looks great. However, I do wish the helmet looked more like the concept art in this picture that Kato supplied. As it stands, the faceplate is too long and the dome of the helmet goes too high...or maybe it just needs to be slanted back a little more in the front. If this were a hot toys figure, we would have already seen various photoshop alterations posted.

In any case, this is probably the bet CC we will ever get in this outfit.

Lots of chicken-littling going on. You know King Darkness is going to get this, futz it right out of the box and make it look perfect and all the complaints will look even sillier than they do now.

Ordered.

I Would have loved to grab the old snake eyes cheap. I got the new snake eyes coming but still need to pick up sideshows version before its too late. I like the old Cobra commander but this one is cool too. I collect too many differnt lines and will be happy with this one ,but can see maybe picking up the old one also. The joe line up is getting good with rock n roll ,zartan last year and its getting realy hard to ignore this line up......

That was sarcasm. The first SE is still selling over $100. The new SE, on the other hand, is selling for well below retail.

Its an assumption but it would appear that the helmet separates from the visor thus given a variety of misleading mis-proportional pictures; but im a fan of the slouch pose and the walking with the cane pose enough to PO as soon as a new SS code surfaces to knock so $$ off'; with the increase in HT prices this seems cheap in comparison -imo

Yea i kinda picked that sarcasm up lol. I also know you been on this forum a lot longer so who knows what i might missed back then. I just checked evilbay and snake isnt going for as much was before like 3 to 4 hundred. So may be able to pick him up some time for 200 or so if want him bad enough.

Lots of chicken-littling going on. You know King Darkness is going to get this, futz it right out of the box and make it look perfect and all the complaints will look even sillier than they do now.

Ordered.

:lecture

just like every Joe Sideshow has done...always better in hand

I freaking love this Cobra Commander! Pre-ordered in a heartbeat! But where's the Baroness?

is $174 a bit steep? I mean, Zartan comes with more and it's a 159? Even Major Bludd has more and it's the same price... Am I missing something here?

You're comparing it to the the crappy Sunbow art? The Sideshow helmet looks better than that cosplayer's.

The picture you're all referencing is at too sharp of an angle. The rest of the pictures look nothing like the one with what appears to be an undersized mask.

Though it is refreshing to Nam on the same page as kl421, Riddick, and the Hot Toys fops. Some things are what they seem.

He looks great, and it is a prtotype...they do change or we wouldn't have to wait 6 months...but get that Evil Leader a sandwhich!

and SS codes DO work on him to bring down the price...

Dude , theres like a 3/8" gap between the head and helmet on a 1/6 scale head . You can't see that???

I don't even see a head under the mask, but that picture is angled straight up his nose. They picked a perfect angle for highlighting flaws that would only be seen if you were trying to see up his dress.

Back