SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FREAKIN UPS!!! They sent my Duke to Maryland, problem is that I live in Vegas, so now I have to wait until thursday (a week late), I hope it doesn't get messed up in all the unnecessary traveling it had to take.

How did that happen?

I really wish I knew...I was pissed and I asked UPS to overnight it to me...They gave me the run around and said its in a truck and it would be hard to find and that I have to wait until thurs.

I'd pack other stuff up to make room for Duke and Sniper.

Indeed this is proabably what needs to happen. Pack away everything I have out now and let Duke and Sniper have a one on one showdown for a bit.

Gave my Duke a bit of a makeover to make him a little less "Venice Beach" blonde...

DukeUpgrade006.jpg

DukeUpgrade003.jpg

DukeUpgrade008.jpg

DukeUpgrade005.jpg

really like this figure a lot. The gear and the uniform are all great, the portrait has a lot of character and the new body rocks. I'd like to pick up a few of the bodies loose for other projects. The ab crunch makes for some great posing opportunities...

Nice to see someone to the plunge on touching up the hair. I figured I'd leave mine alone for now, since getting used to the look of it.

Gave my Duke a bit of a makeover to make him a little less "Venice Beach" blonde...

It looks good. I don't know what it looks like in hand though. Normally, I wouldn't touch a figure unless it's worthless otherwise. The only tweak I have in store for him so far is a shovel I've already got waiting for him. I haven't done changes, even as minor as that, to any of my others.

So how is everyone else placing the velcro badges on Duke? I was wondering if I should go real-world with U.S. Army on the right and Duke on the left or like SS's pics with Duke on the right and G.I. Joe on the left? Right now I've got the badges on the latter.

Looks good. Yea, plan on trying to grab a body to move a trooper of officer over to.

LOL...I tried the Pro 1.2 on Snake Eyes...

ya ever take the time to do an in-depth switch-over like that and then wish you hadn't?

I have a Blade body coming for Snake Eyes that I got for about 47.00 shipped from ebay. I am still looking forward to getting Snake on that.

So how is everyone else placing the velcro badges on Duke? I was wondering if I should go real-world with U.S. Army on the right and Duke on the left or like SS's pics with Duke on the right and G.I. Joe on the left? Right now I've got the badges on the latter.

I used U.S. Army and Duke on the front. The Flag on the right sleeve and the GI Joe Logo on the left.

Last edited:
It looks good. I don't know what it looks like in hand though. Normally, I wouldn't touch a figure unless it's worthless otherwise. The only tweak I have in store for him so far is a shovel I've already got waiting for him. I haven't done changes, even as minor as that, to any of my others.

I was planning on getting Duke a shovel as well....thought it would be cool...

Here's a couple of pics of my modded Duke. I'm thinking of adding bare hands like Khev did too.

TimberSEDukeSS.jpg

SEDukeSS.jpg

The Pro 1.2 might work for an Officer but I doubt the Troopers' short sleeves would look too hot on it.

Havent checked yet, but I think the arms are the same lenth, just the abs section is taller and shoulders a a bit wider. If not, i'll just use it for something else :nana:

Nice pics by the way. Which hands are those? SS needs to make more bare open hands like Storm Shadow comes with.

DukeUpgrade006.jpg

DukeUpgrade003.jpg

DukeUpgrade008.jpg

DukeUpgrade005.jpg

really like this figure a lot. The gear and the uniform are all great, the portrait has a lot of character and the new body rocks. I'd like to pick up a few of the bodies loose for other projects. The ab crunch makes for some great posing opportunities...

:clap Very good job. But for $125 that's how it should have come from the factory. :lecture

Back