SSC drops ES on 2 Marvel PFs...more to come?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they transfer it over. It's not like you're canceling anything, you're just getting the exclusive instead of the regular. When it convert call them up and tell them to transfer it over and they cancel your regular and process the ex.

I only started collecting a year ago. I bought Punisher Comiquette and Joker as my first 2 pieces. I thought they were awesome and couldn't wait to buy more. I preordered everything.
All the stuff has been hit or miss though. I have cancelled many orders and sold many statues after they disappointed me. It honestly kind of sucked the fun out of it for me. All the build up of 6 months, just to get a statue I don't even like. It happened too many times. I find a lot of there old stuff to be simply amazing. I think he new COTD stuff will be also.
That being said, their marvel line has sucked butt. Their DC stuff looks great, but XM has come out of no where and just trumped all the Marvel stuff with more creativity better QC, and smaller ES.
I think the smaller ES is a sign of what's to come. SS will step up it's game now. Prices will stay high, but I think they will improve their designs from her on out. XM is just so creative with their designs....

Nobody should be thanking Sideshow for this. They are being reactive and not proactive. The word is out that people will pass on their Marvel stuff in favor of more expensive but better statues.

If you see a change across all their licenses then thank them for listening. Right now is just them reacting to the Marvel competition. Just like when Gentle Giant offered some statues and they gave you double rewards and no NRD if you bought theirs instead.

Jean Grey Ex, Emma EX, and Thor EX all went to Waitlist this week. I was going to sign up for the payment plans tonight too. I am shocked so many statues went to WL the same week. I was only watching these three, I am sure other did too.

Wait emma went to WL? What's her ES? Let me check now....

Nobody should be thanking Sideshow for this. They are being reactive and not proactive. The word is out that people will pass on their Marvel stuff in favor of more expensive but better statues.

If you see a change across all their licenses then thank them for listening. Right now is just them reacting to the Marvel competition. Just like when Gentle Giant offered some statues and they gave you double rewards and no NRD if you bought theirs instead.

:goodpost: :exactly:

The-Rock-Clapping-Reaction-Gif.gif

Nobody should be thanking Sideshow for this. They are being reactive and not proactive. The word is out that people will pass on their Marvel stuff in favor of more expensive but better statues; and that people are hesitant to order anything from Sideshow because of QC fears.

775.gif

yea but how did that really work out for them...I had IP on PO and I still cancelled. I'm betting they haven't even hit half their quota on that piece or mark 42...

yea but how did that really work out for them...I had IP on PO and I still cancelled. I'm betting they haven't even hit half their quota on that piece or mark 42...

Judging by the Ip thread, a lot of people did PO when it went up for that price and 2x rewards. Plus, a solid Cheadle portrait sweetened the pot. I don't see the GG IP thread getting any action tbh.

Did SS meet their quota? At 3,500 pieces and a secondary character it's doubtful, especially when you take into consideration they haven't sold out of their 1,000 Doom 1/4's.

Yeah I pretty much lost hope in the marvel line. Sad because there's so many characters I liked. The only ones I buy is the few sculpted by Tim miller, and Mark Newman.

SSC needs to lower back the Mark 42 maquette back to 2k Es. It's great to see them lowering the Es. Hope the DC license is the same.

Wow didn't think that that many people cared about the base. I think the Doom PF base is fine for the fig. Could it be more fitting and regal? Sure. But I'm mainly getting it for Victor and he looks pretty damn good. But then again, Diana has a damn awesome looking base on hers.

Back