1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious are you grading on the price of item? If Dengar was $100 what would have been your grade then?

No, not grading on price, just the merits of the actual figure. Im willing to even say 8/10 on Dengar after a good night's rest...the minor QC issues I had aside...it's still the range of articulation and the rubber/cloth mishmash of the headwrap that just unsettled me.

For those of you who own Zuckuss however....do you get where I am coming fromn on that coat material? It scares the hell out of me. Maybe Sideshow pre-sealed it, that's why it feels so crunchy...but...yikes...

On zuckuss, I would worry if you put the figure in an action pose, but with most going for the movie still pose, I think it's ok. Maybe I am being ignorantly blissful. lol

On Dengar, I am really blown away by it - it is not HT level, but its a helluva lot higher than I remember seeing on Sideshows in recent years. Though that Ash from Evil Dead 2 looked good, but this is a more complex fig. I kinda dig the headwrap part, if only cause you can move it up/down on the head. I like it at an angle where the left eye is only partially visible

Last edited:
Arrived!

9eea163e8ecfea1fce5b6e6218d3a815.jpg

b243e8f716e775178ac05b0691fb99e6.jpg

8b692c03fca3d3d8c60ee8f2e4d11ab4.jpg

Here is the pose I am going for on mine:

DSCN0024.JPG
Sorry the light is washing the face out. My camera is really for outdoor shots - can't handle subtle lighting inside/ The body suit they gave him is seriously padded. They made him a big dude......

I am really big on Cod Pieces (pun not intended lol). I hate it when they are up around the torso area and not down in the crotch. Also the upper thigh pieces need to be pulled up. On mine, I prefer having the pouches closer over the cod piece

Last edited:
What's Dengar's story? He killed a couple stormtroopers (and took some of their armor), then killed a snowtrooper (and took some of his armor), then painted all the **** brown so the Empire wouldn't notice where he got his get-up from? Hopefully a Dengar movie will be made to explain this.

A lot of the pics are the "...and we got Dengar on base guitar (crowd roars)..." pose.:lol

So no one is going to pose him with his pistol drawn/in-hand? I spent so long scratch-building my Dengar pistol, I couldn't bring myself to bury it in the holster.:lecture

What's Dengar's story? He killed a couple stormtroopers (and took some of their armor), then killed a snowtrooper (and took some of his armor), then painted all the **** brown so the Empire wouldn't notice where he got his get-up from? Hopefully a Dengar movie will be made to explain this.

He also seems to have stopped on Hoth and picked up all the gear from both a Rebel Soldier AND a snowtrooper. It is kinda funny that as fans we were just done watching a long sequence with snowies and Hoth rebel soldiers then suddenly we see this guy who has a bunch of their Hoth gear on (a snowtrooper chestplate no less,) and nobody notices it. The somewhat blatant re-use may be the reason that Dengar doesn't appear on screen up-close in the movie, despite clearly having some interactions with Vader in the on-set photo shoot pics.

Those look great, congrats! What bases do you have the other three BHs on?

Those are custom bases I made from molding and casting the top of the Stormtrooper Han base. I use custom name plate decals from EvilFace and the bottoms are just MDF I cut sand and painted. I’m going to make all the bases match but I’ll have to get more name plate decals for these guys.

FYI, if anyone wants to remove the stock, you can just wiggle it a bit to loosen the glue and it pops right off

Thanks!

What a great double-shot to wrap the classic bounty hunter collection. Both Dengar and Zuckuss turned out great. As always, pics don't do it justice. great work.

DENGAR-004.jpg

Well, as the EU is not canon anymore, your story is as good as any ;-)
A Dengar movie would be awesome. But it’s probably not gonna happen in our lifetime [emoji28]

I had read a long time ago that Dengar was a Corellian and grew up knowing Han Solo. They raced swoop bikes against each other and Dengar lost (potentially crashing and scarring his face in the process). Not sure where I read that but wouldn't it be interesting if his character showed up in "Solo"?

Back